First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply The Legend of Korra Discussion
JuJu26 
27552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 10/31/14
Oh-Shit, Korra has a thread on here! SWEET!! Ready for the showdown.
55609 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/31/14
25567 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Phoenix, AZ
Offline
Posted 10/31/14

h9902014 wrote:


cay032692 wrote:


h9902014 wrote:

She did kinda of get devlopement, it's just that her personality is kind of grating, and she acts self important even now. But I feel this episode, she showed a lot of growth, hopefully she'll be able to maintain that.

But personally I like Aang better.


Too scared to quote Fel? lolol freaking loser, be a man and battle Him.


Actually, I think he's kinda right . She's honestly just now starting to get development. The show is awesome and all but u know, she leaves much to be desired.

Haters! lol. Season 3 had development! She had to give up on everyone's (Republic city) being happy with her spirit-world rebalancing.
52893 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 10/31/14 , edited 10/31/14


Feisty. I got you a ticket.



15130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 10/31/14

cay032692 wrote:


priyayume wrote:

I loved what they did with her hair , but Kuvira She down right crraazy


Shes is Stalin Crazy. Down right a Hit-ler. LOL.


thats what I thought to Halla lulya lol
52893 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 10/31/14

"You ruined Avatar...."
55609 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/31/14

jtav001 wrote:


Haters! lol. Season 3 had development! She had to give up on everyone's (Republic city) being happy with her spirit-world rebalancing.


I think Season 3 is the best by far, but like if u watch Season 1 and 2, u would know what I'm talking about.

She did get some development in S3, but it was mostly her just battling the Red Lotus.


cay032692 wrote:


Feisty. I got you a ticket.





This is pretty good.

But me....in that camp GTHO

IM TOO PRO



Well....I had good run with gifs....
56927 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 10/31/14

cay032692 wrote:


"You ruined Avatar...."


LAWL that's great.
55609 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/31/14

cay032692 wrote:


"You ruined Avatar...."


52893 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 10/31/14

h9902014 wrote:

This is pretty good.

But me....in that camp GTHO

IM TOO PRO



Well....I had good run with gifs....


Aww, awww man, this post is too sad to even try and insult, line in red, then that broken gif.

You are about as pro as Milo
52893 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 11/1/14
Last post for the night, getting closer and closer for Bolin to finally be Lethal.



Sadly after this episode, hopes of Bolin v Mako (with mako dying) crushed. Death of Suyin is still on the table....*Fingers Crossed*
22408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 11/1/14

h9902014 wrote:

She did kinda of get devlopement, it's just that her personality is kind of grating, and she acts self important even now. But I feel this episode, she showed a lot of growth, hopefully she'll be able to maintain that.

But personally I like Aang better.


I'm good at arguing! I'm just partially distracted at this moment so I will quote and type laterish.


Laterish is now nao.

The initial problem with Koraa's character lies in the writers indecisiveness. Korra is strong and courageous and doesn't think ahead. Uses power to do what she wants and shouts 'I'm the avatar, I do what I want!"

So... How do you develop this? She is already phsycially powerful. She's bullheaded, but can you change this while still keeping her Korra?

Aang had a huge character story right from the start. He was conflicted. He wanted to be "Aang" not "The Avatar". Aangs entire story was about him growing up, forced into a role he himself didn't like.

He learns not only to accept his role as Avatar, but of realize that he himself can still be Aang.

Korra....she thinks being the Avatar means your the official King pimp of Earth. You do nothing but punch people who disagree with yo . It's not her fault either! The writers think that being the opposite of Aang is enough, but its not!
Korra needs to learn that doing her own thing and just pushing through isn't a viable strategy, perhaps stop giving her villains like Tarlock, Tarlock 2.0, evil Avatar edition, and Totally not Amon the Air bending Terrorist.

Perhaps have he solve a problem with talking? Perhaps dont drop the super exciting racism and classist debates in season 1 as "Crazy Nazi shit" and replace with super generic White vs Black or Nazi Terrorist Hippies or whatever you would call Season 3 and 4

44209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / ?
Offline
Posted 11/1/14
I am glad to see this is back on the anime thread.

Felstalker wrote:

I'm good at arguing! I'm just partially distracted at this moment so I will quote and type laterish.


Laterish is now nao.

The initial problem with Koraa's character lies in the writers indecisiveness. Korra is strong and courageous and doesn't think ahead. Uses power to do what she wants and shouts 'I'm the avatar, I do what I want!"

So... How do you develop this? She is already phsycially powerful. She's bullheaded, but can you change this while still keeping her Korra?

Aang had a huge character story right from the start. He was conflicted. He wanted to be "Aang" not "The Avatar". Aangs entire story was about him growing up, forced into a role he himself didn't like.

He learns not only to accept his role as Avatar, but of realize that he himself can still be Aang.

Korra....she thinks being the Avatar means your the official King pimp of Earth. You do nothing but punch people who disagree with yo . It's not her fault either! The writers think that being the opposite of Aang is enough, but its not!
Korra needs to learn that doing her own thing and just pushing through isn't a viable strategy, perhaps stop giving her villains like Tarlock, Tarlock 2.0, evil Avatar edition, and Totally not Amon the Air bending Terrorist.

Perhaps have he solve a problem with talking? Perhaps dont drop the super exciting racism and classist debates in season 1 as "Crazy Nazi shit" and replace with super generic White vs Black or Nazi Terrorist Hippies or whatever you would call Season 3 and 4



Personally I would say that those things stopped being true for her since the end of the second season. The season three finale was more about her being willing to prioritize others over herself, so its not really just her punching things to solve her problems. I would say the focus of that season was her taking responsibility for the changes she made to the world. But, agree to disagree I guess.

I am hoping that diplomacy will have some value this season, it would be irritating for Korra to have grown to the point where she will talk first, only for it to end up being pointless.

From what I understand Kuvira is supposed to be Korra, pre-character development. She's stubborn, relies on force, and always thinks she knows best. Maybe there will be a resolution that does not end in a big fight. That would be nice, but I was hoping for something like that in season two and was let down, so who knows.
22408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 11/1/14

Deuswyvern wrote:

Personally I would say that those things stopped being true for her since the end of the second season. The season three finale was more about her being willing to prioritize others over herself, so its not really just her punching things to solve her problems. I would say the focus of that season was her taking responsibility for the changes she made to the world. But, agree to disagree I guess.

I am hoping that diplomacy will have some value this season, it would be irritating for Korra to have grown to the point where she will talk first, only for it to end up being pointless.

From what I understand Kuvira is supposed to be Korra, pre-character development. She's stubborn, relies on force, and always thinks she knows best. Maybe there will be a resolution that does not end in a big fight. That would be nice, but I was hoping for something like that in season two and was let down, so who knows.


That's the problem. Its all about "Her".
Korra can do no wrong! When everybody decides they have to do something to help Airbenders, Tenzen takes a scene to make sure Korra knows SHE is the reason they're doing this. You're awesome Korra! No decisions you make fail! No need for other Avatars either! You oviously know better than them past lives, full of experience and knowledge. Wan was just an idiot, why not make a split decision to undo his primary accomplishment in life?

Feeling bad Korra? Well since its all about you... Why not run away?

Season 3 also ruined Bumi's entire Season 2 arc. He's not a bender! He lives his life trying to show people this...and fuck it super powers! The same powers we deliberately created you without as a basis for your character.



The writing in Korra is all over the place, contradicting themselves constantly and providing character development that resets like the God of War games do each iteration.
67521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 11/1/14
I'm starting this series tonight and finishing Legend of Aang series (I know I know, I'm late to the party)
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.