First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Virginity
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/4/14
Why is it a stigma for men to be virgins? Why is it a stigma for women to not be? What do you think? Is it bad to be a virgin in your twenties or older, or to stay one willingly 'til marriage? How about those who just can't get rid of it? Are they pitiful?

Personally, I don't really care about it either way. It doesn't matter in my opinion whether you are one or not, so long as you're STD-free.
3771 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/4/14
I don't think people should be judged by whether or not they're a virgin. Theres a guy I know thats older than I am and he's still a virgin. Why he hasn't lost it is his business only. Now I think its disgusting when kids 14 and under talk about having sex. I mean..do their parents not give a shit? And if you're waiting till you're married, all I can say is that you have a lot of self control. So kudos to you. I don't think that people can't get rid of theirs, I just think they haven't found the right person. Cliche right lol..
29347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 11/4/14
It's not bad and it's not good. It's just a thing you either have or don't have.
Male virgins are stigmatized because they're seen as somehow less manly than others. Female virgins are stigmatized because they're seen as... defiled or unpure, I guess? I honestly couldn't say for sure- the logic of people who hold these views is just beyond my ability to fathom.

But yeah- disease free is what matters.
2988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Fort Worth, Texas
Offline
Posted 11/4/14
The mention of "STD" and "Marriage" will make any Crunchyrollers derail the topic into: "What? You have sexual desires?! You shithead!"

My virginity was taken, so I don't have much to say.
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/4/14 , edited 11/5/14

Lilneko90 wrote:

I don't think people should be judged by whether or not they're a virgin. Theres a guy I know thats older than I am and he's still a virgin. Why he hasn't lost it is his business only. Now I think its disgusting when kids 14 and under talk about having sex. I mean..do their parents not give a shit? And if you're waiting till you're married, all I can say is that you have a lot of self control. So kudos to you. I don't think that people can't get rid of theirs, I just think they haven't found the right person. Cliche right lol..


I have the self control of a man being watched by an ugly, sadistic Catholic nun. If it was a beautiful, sadistic Catholic nun....

I'd want to be punished


Randompyrate wrote:

It's not bad and it's not good. It's just a thing you either have or don't have.
Male virgins are stigmatized because they're seen as somehow less manly than others. Female virgins are stigmatized because they're seen as... defiled or unpure, I guess? I honestly couldn't say for sure- the logic of people who hold these views is just beyond my ability to fathom.

But yeah- disease free is what matters.


Neutral. Like a druid.


Magical-Soul wrote:

The mention of "STD" and "Marriage" will make any Crunchyrollers derail the topic into: "What? You have sexual desires?! You shithead!"

My virginity was taken, so I don't have much to say.


And I'll never return it! No refunds.
1853 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Bolton, England
Offline
Posted 11/4/14
Because the media overhype it.

It's better to wait, less risk of kids when you're not ready and STDs.

As well as rape claims and all that.
17564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/4/14 , edited 11/18/14
"If you say you haven't, you're a prude.
If you say you have, you're a slut.
It's a trap."

-The Breakfast Club
3600 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Chicagoland ~
Offline
Posted 11/4/14 , edited 11/7/14
Seconded on the media overhyping it being one of the big reasons. The media has a lot of say in what society does or doesn't do. It creates or destroys fads, etc.

I don't care at all whether people are virgins or not. It's none of my business what others do as long as they aren't doing it in front of me. I'll never understand why others decide it -is- their business.
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/4/14

IshokuOsero wrote:

Seconded on the media overhyping it being one of the big reasons. The media has a lot of say in what society does or doesn't do. It creates or destroys fads, etc.

I don't care at all whether people are virgins or not. It's none of my business what others do as long as they aren't doing it in front of me. I'll never understand why others decide it -is- their business.


Odd, my lil' Black Book of Blackmail has you written down as a Voyeur.....
3600 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Chicagoland ~
Offline
Posted 11/4/14 , edited 11/4/14

Phersu wrote:


IshokuOsero wrote:

Seconded on the media overhyping it being one of the big reasons. The media has a lot of say in what society does or doesn't do. It creates or destroys fads, etc.

I don't care at all whether people are virgins or not. It's none of my business what others do as long as they aren't doing it in front of me. I'll never understand why others decide it -is- their business.


Odd, my lil' Black Book of Blackmail has you written down as a Voyeur.....


Oh? And why might that be? =P
11670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 11/4/14 , edited 11/4/14
I'm not sure whether I lost my virginity or not, lol. It'd probably be child porn if I told my story.


...and no, I'm not a pedo.
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/4/14

IshokuOsero wrote:

Oh? And why might that be? =P


..... Magic?
11413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Eng Land
Offline
Posted 11/4/14 , edited 11/4/14
Like Randompyrate said "It's not bad and it's not good. It's just a thing you either have or don't have.". Plenty of people make a big deal over it, but frankly I don't give a fuck. If anything I actually prefer someone who will wait for someone they believe is right for them, than who banged someone when they were 12 for the sake of petty bragging rights.
16082 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Arizona, USA
Online
Posted 11/4/14 , edited 11/18/14
I can see both sides of the coin. Really it comes down to doing it when you feel is right with someone you want to share with. The people that say well then you lack experience. Ya but the right person won't care. Even if you don't marry them, the right person will come along to lose it.

Muur if you mention rape then you should know the statistics on rape is way off. Most rape crimes go unreported due to embarrassment or family pressure and there is a lot of males that don't report it due to the fact that no guy wants to admit they were raped by another guy or a female.

3788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / The Far Shore
Offline
Posted 11/4/14 , edited 11/8/14
i rly don't care. people are always like "i kind of respect you for being a virgin, awune" that's such an awful rude thing to say holy shit. if i was having safe consensual sex with 1 or more people i better get the same amount of respect lol. the whole kind of concept of virginity pisses me off as a whole anyway, i'm not "saving" it for anyone. i don't think my virginity is important at all. i'll have sex when i want to and it shouldn't matter to anyone other than me and whoever it's with.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.