First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Mythology
69864 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / New Haven,CT
Offline
Posted 11/5/14

qualeshia3 wrote:

World Mythology is great.


What do you mean by World mythology? ;o
42405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 11/5/14

iceman009 wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

World Mythology is great.


What do you mean by World mythology? ;o


Mythology from all over the world. I can't choose which is better.
10060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Across the Narrow...
Offline
Posted 11/5/14
I love mythology as much as I love my mama'! My mama', my mama'. Anywho, I wish to delve deep into mythology to discover untold stories and fabled truths throughout and about the lands. Not particular story or culture's type of mythology holds my favor, I admire them all.
hpi 
17277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 11/5/14
the Odessey and the Anead would have to be my favorites.
2868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 11/5/14
I was really into greek mythology when I was young, I think it is still my favorite, but mostly because it's the one I'm most informed about. I've been trying to get to know more about Taino Myths (native people of PR, Hispaniola, and Jamaica) and Santeria, but it's hard to find information on these. other than that, all those ancient alien show really made me interested in ancient Hindu myths, they seem to be pretty interesting. I wish the History Channel would run a special on that instead of all the Alien shows. Has for favorite Myth the Greek ones related to the Lynx and Jason and the hunt for the Golden Fleece.
18054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 11/5/14
Zuma



6506 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 11/5/14

pewternatural wrote:

I was really into greek mythology when I was young, I think it is still my favorite, but mostly because it's the one I'm most informed about. I've been trying to get to know more about Taino Myths (native people of PR, Hispaniola, and Jamaica) and Santeria, but it's hard to find information on these. other than that, all those ancient alien show really made me interested in ancient Hindu myths, they seem to be pretty interesting. I wish the History Channel would run a special on that instead of all the Alien shows. Has for favorite Myth the Greek ones related to the Lynx and Jason and the hunt for the Golden Fleece.


Had a section on Greek Mythology in middle school, asked my teacher what makes her assume the Bible isn't going to become mythology, she said "as long as people believe in it."

I told her I believed in Valhalla, I got sent to "the office."

Myths are powerful and important to people, but the idea is you don't believe in them.
1090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 11/6/14
My favorite so far is the Greek Gods like Persephone or Aprodite.
Posted 11/6/14
Norse Myth.

Gandalf is much like a traveling Odin or also something like Väinämöinen from Finnish myth.
17467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Chicago,IL
Offline
Posted 11/6/14
Greek and Celtic.
15083 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Eastern US
Offline
Posted 11/6/14
Never learned about a country's mythology that I didn't enjoy. Dragon Warrior 3 and Magic: the Gathering were a couple of the main reasons why I became fascinated with the subject back in grade school. During the sixth grade, our class was introduced to the newly remodeled school library, and when I was asked if there was something in particular I wanted to read about, I, of course, told him "mythology" and half the class mocked me for it for months. For all the things kids made fun of back then, I couldn't figure out how that was suppose to be one of them. Nothing anyone said was even remotely clever or funny. At least some thought goes into decent jokes about being fat or stupid. This was just months of piss-poor bullying. The same damned thing every time: "Read any good books on mythology?" followed by laughter. It was embarrassing to even listen to them.

Oh, if I had to narrow it down, I'd go with Greek/Roman.
3123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 11/6/14
I had a really early introduction to Greek and Roman myth at home so I always enjoy those stories but since I graduated and moved into the great plains I've heard a lot of really interesting myths from the local Lakota tribe. Especially their tale about how Devils Tower on the Wyoming side was made. I can see a lot of similarities in the different myths but it really is interesting to see how different cultures interpret events.
28561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Somewhere in the...
Offline
Posted 11/6/14
love it! all cultures have their own tales to tell
The Mayan hero twins
Cuchulain
Sigurd Fafnesbane
Beowulf
Susanoo
Heracles
the pantheons of Norse, Ancient Greek, Ancient Egyptian, and so on! there's a game called "smite" which pretty much about Mythology!
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/6/14 , edited 11/6/14

horrorshow77 wrote:

love it! all cultures have their own tales to tell
The Mayan hero twins
Cuchulain
Sigurd Fafnesbane
Beowulf
Susanoo
Heracles
the pantheons of Norse, Ancient Greek, Ancient Egyptian, and so on! there's a game called "smite" which pretty much about Mythology!


Cu Chulainn. Lancer!

Heracles. BERSERKER!

1926 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Surrey, UK
Offline
Posted 11/6/14
I have a penchant for Egyptian Mythology. Or rather, everything to do with Ancient Egypt. It just fascinates me to no end. I do also enjoy a good bit of Greek Mythology.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.