First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
Post Reply Should an unborn Fetus Be Considered A Person?
17205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 11/5/14
Corporations are people too, be considerate.
13639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / NekoLand
Offline
Posted 11/5/14 , edited 11/7/14
I don't really want to get into a topic like this on Crunchyroll but after reading a thread on reddit a few weeks ago I guess I feel obliged to bring up the term pro-birth. I'm curious to what your opinions are on pro-birth, it concerns those who feel the fetus has a right to life but don't care what happens afterwards. Pro-life would be the term to define those who believe the fetus has the right to life but also believe that proper welfare and government systems should be in place to ensure that person has a normal (and hopefully good) life.

So there are three labels:
- Pro Life
- Pro Birth
- Pro Choice

Personally I am pro choice. I believe women (and men!) have the right to decide if they want to follow through and have a child - to an extent, of course, someone mentioned late term abortions being bad.
4571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 11/5/14 , edited 12/26/14

Vulpyne wrote:

I don't really want to get into a topic like this on Crunchyroll but after reading a thread on reddit a few weeks ago I guess I feel obliged to bring up the term pro-birth. I'm curious to what your opinions are on pro-birth, it concerns those who feel the fetus has a right to life but don't care what happens afterwards. Pro-life would be the term to define those who believe the fetus has the right to life but also believe that proper welfare and government systems should be in place to ensure that person has a normal (and hopefully good) life.

So there are three labels:
- Pro Life
- Pro Birth
- Pro Choice

Personally I am pro choice. I believe women (and men!) have the right to decide if they want to follow through and have a child - to an extent, of course, someone mentioned late term abortions being bad.


I think abortion should be totally illegal except for the cases of totally unprovoked rape. If you don't want a child, don't have sex. There is always adoption, so the only reason people would have to abort a child would be to avoid the pain of childbirth.
7106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Somewhere in rura...
Offline
Posted 11/5/14 , edited 12/26/14
A fetus becomes a person at the time when it can survive outside the mother's body with only neonatal support. Before 5 months, I believe, if a child is birthed, it won't be salvageable, regardless of the interventions employed.
11154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 11/5/14

nemoskull wrote:


MarkyD73 wrote:


nemoskull wrote:

dumbest question ever.


Why?


soemthing like a 1% chance of a stillborn, so there is a 99% chance of a live human, so a 99% chance you are ending a human life.

and if you want to go down this road, why is murder wrong? we all die anyways. if abortion is okay, then we don't we abort the elderly, or the terminaly ill.

go check out the bodies exhibit in las vegas, and tell me if you still feel the same way.

abortion is murder, then ending of a human life.

if abortion is okay becasuse its not a functioning human, then why keep people alive in a coma, as they are not funtioning human either.


The only way abortion could be considered murder is if it is done late when the fetus is actually developed.

Does a video of this exhibit exist or some pictures?

Functioning is irrelevant they are still human, a fetus is just cells until properly developed.

17777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 11/5/14 , edited 12/26/14

MarkyD73 wrote:


nemoskull wrote:


MarkyD73 wrote:


nemoskull wrote:

dumbest question ever.


Why?


soemthing like a 1% chance of a stillborn, so there is a 99% chance of a live human, so a 99% chance you are ending a human life.

and if you want to go down this road, why is murder wrong? we all die anyways. if abortion is okay, then we don't we abort the elderly, or the terminaly ill.

go check out the bodies exhibit in las vegas, and tell me if you still feel the same way.

abortion is murder, then ending of a human life.

if abortion is okay becasuse its not a functioning human, then why keep people alive in a coma, as they are not funtioning human either.


The only way abortion could be considered murder is if it is done late when the fetus is actually developed.

Does a video of this exhibit exist or some pictures?

Functioning is irrelevant they are still human, a fetus is just cells until properly developed.



and the jew were not human anyways, subhuman, so that was okay too.
1651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Mor Dhona
Offline
Posted 11/5/14

nemoskull wrote:
and the jew were not human anyways, subhuman, so that was okay too.


Ah yes, here comes Godwin. Since, you know, killing unconscious growths of cells is totally the same as killing sentient, independent people with lives and families.

If you ever get cancer, don't cut it out. It's alive too, you know.
55111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / West
Offline
Posted 11/5/14 , edited 11/7/14
Until you are in the position of what you would or wouldn't do , you will never know.
17777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 11/5/14 , edited 12/26/14

Genbu89 wrote:


nemoskull wrote:
and the jew were not human anyways, subhuman, so that was okay too.


Ah yes, here comes Godwin. Since, you know, killing unconscious growths of cells is totally the same as killing sentient, independent people with lives and families.

If you ever get cancer, don't cut it out. It's alive too, you know.


no, my point is both are redefining what is human to suit our tastes.

if i abort a fetus at 1 week its okay..

if i abort a fetus at 8 months, 3 weeks, its okay...

if i abort a fetus at 9 months, 1 week,(born) its not okay...

why?
19132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/5/14 , edited 12/26/14
"Should an unborn Fetus Be Considered A Person?"

Simply, no.

First we must define a living thing.

From Biology Online:

Living things are those that display the following characteristics

-an organized structure, being made up of a cell or cells
-requires energy to survive or sustain existence
-ability to reproduce
-ability to grow
-ability to metabolize
-ability to respond to stimuli
-ability to adapt to the environment
-ability to move
-ability to respire


#1- pass
#2- pass
#3- fail
#4- pass
#5- pass
#6- pass
#7- fail
#8- pass
#9- fail

An unborn fetus isn't considered a life form yet, but has the potential to become a life form. When it is born, that is when it becomes a living thing.

A fetus can't even be considered as a parasitic being because it cannot reproduce.
9163 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Des Moines, Iowa
Online
Posted 11/5/14
does it have documents yet?
1651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Mor Dhona
Offline
Posted 11/5/14 , edited 11/7/14

nemoskull wrote:

no, my point is both are redefining what is human to suit our tastes.

if i abort a fetus at 1 week its okay..

if i abort a fetus at 8 months, 3 weeks, its okay...

if i abort a fetus at 9 months, 1 week,(born) its not okay...

why?


To directly answer your question, because society (as a collective) has agreed that it is okay. Personal feelings on the matter are irrelevant. If society deems it unacceptable they will change the law to make it so. Always gonna be people who don't play by those laws, but there you have it.

Further, the definition of what it means to be human is nebulous. Are fetuses truly living life? Are people who are vegetative? Should human vegetables have the right to die, or should they be kept alive, regardless of the resources spent to do so and their quality of life? Should fetuses be kept alive even if doing so will, without a doubt, kill the mother?

The real world's not as simple as black and white. It's myriad shades of grey. And just for the record I don't agree with late-term abortions, but if the fetus cannot yet survive outside the womb, it should be the mother's choice. Telling women they must carry every pregnancy to term is, well... kind of infringing on personal rights, is it not?
Posted 11/5/14 , edited 11/6/14
It's not even conscious yet. At best, it is potential life.
50 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 11/5/14 , edited 12/26/14

Telling women they must carry every pregnancy to term is, well... kind of infringing on personal rights, is it not?
Not really planning to get too involved in this, but saying a baby infringes on a mothers personal rights is the equivalent of dragging someone on your property and then blaming them for being there.


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

It's not even conscious yet. At best, it is potential life.


Yes, potential life. Every human life and unborn human life and even undeveloped human life has the potential to experience.. life. How can anyone truly see a difference in taking that potential to experience life away from someone who is currently experiencing it (ie. developed/functioning human) and someone who has the potential (ie. unborn/undeveloped fetus, coma patients, people who are sleeping or are wasting away their lives doing nothing)?
Posted 11/5/14

nemoskull wrote:


MarkyD73 wrote:


nemoskull wrote:


MarkyD73 wrote:


nemoskull wrote:

dumbest question ever.


Why?


soemthing like a 1% chance of a stillborn, so there is a 99% chance of a live human, so a 99% chance you are ending a human life.

and if you want to go down this road, why is murder wrong? we all die anyways. if abortion is okay, then we don't we abort the elderly, or the terminaly ill.

go check out the bodies exhibit in las vegas, and tell me if you still feel the same way.

abortion is murder, then ending of a human life.

if abortion is okay becasuse its not a functioning human, then why keep people alive in a coma, as they are not funtioning human either.


The only way abortion could be considered murder is if it is done late when the fetus is actually developed.

Does a video of this exhibit exist or some pictures?

Functioning is irrelevant they are still human, a fetus is just cells until properly developed.



and the jew were not human anyways, subhuman, so that was okay too.


You lost the game. You mentioned nazism.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.