First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Why is it so hard to find people in real life who enjoy anime
6007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/7/14
I got the notification =)
30016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Québec
Offline
Posted 11/7/14 , edited 11/7/14
Probably because several of them are like me (by that i'm not suggesting any stereotype kinda thing, just personnal observation) :

I prefer doing my own things by myself,
I am very selective in who I am friends with
I don't really go out.

So yeah, I have 1 friend who actually listens as much anime as me.
123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / Florida, USA
Offline
Posted 11/7/14
Way back when I was a young'n in Gainesville, Fl, there were three anime clubs at UF. Anime seems so much more popular now than it was then. I would think there were even more meet-ups going on nowadays.

I'm a RPG'er. I know most of the game stores in my current town sell manga and anime and collectibles. Often, at these same stores, they have bulletin boards with folk doing some sort of get together. Try these kind of places. OH! We also have an insanely popular used book store that sells manga, and they have meet up boards for all sorts of groups.

Not every fan buys all their goodies online. Find the sources, and you will find the fans.

I'm lucky. Even though my friends and I disagree on which genre is our fave, all of us like anime.

I wish you much luck.


OH, and as a quick aside. My friends and I have known each other for a lil over 25 years. We met because I was holding a game one of the employees wanted to play. He came over and started talking to me about it, and two others came into the conversation. These were to prove to be life long friends in my best and worst times. Be brave, see someone that "may" be a fan and speak to them :)

27639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / F / Reading, PA
Offline
Posted 11/7/14

moonlightnightt wrote:

I find it very difficult for me to find people in my area who enjoy anime. It's nearly impossible. I have friends but not on of them would be interested in Anime. I just wish I knew more people around my area. I need to talk ANIME. AND THERES NO ONE. Anyone else have this problem D:

-Moonlight


I agree! It is hard to find people who enjoys anime. The people I know are younger than me!
It would be nice to have someone around my age who is into anime.
1651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Mor Dhona
Offline
Posted 11/7/14 , edited 11/7/14
Anime is a niche hobby outside Japan, so naturally there isn't going to be a lot of people interested in it. Compounding this is the fact adults are told animated entertainment is for children, and you have people unwilling to admit they like anime because it's foreign (weird) animated (childish) entertainment.

There are people out there... but they're underground or in the closet about it. Rather keep their hobbies secret than be shamed for them. I play Magic, and my parents think I'm weird because of it... but since I've been going to a card shop and playing, I've realized it's not so weird, and I've come into my own in multiplayer games. Still quiet and withdrawn, but that helps sometimes.
2459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Michigan
Offline
Posted 11/7/14
Go to an anime convention. Just go do et. Meet people. I mean, there's sure to be anime fans there.
5082 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Tulsa, Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 11/8/14

moonlightnightt wrote:

I replied to this under the forum but not sure if you got a notification about it xD.. fuck Im such a newbie.



Yep, I got a notification. Not sure as to how, given that you didn't quote my text, but I got it!
Posted 11/8/14
Why do you need to specifically look for people who like/watch anime? That doesn't guarantee you'll get along with them.
22353 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Holland
Offline
Posted 11/8/14 , edited 11/8/14

bleh09 wrote:


HuastecoOtaku wrote:

look on facebook for anime groups in your area. I found an active group of anime fans in my state this way.


not gonna lie but that is a really good idea that you had. thanks.


I know right? I feel kind of dumb right now. Never tried that before.
13496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 11/8/14
Go to university, you'll find plenty.
2408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Vancouver Canada
Offline
Posted 11/8/14 , edited 11/8/14

moonlightnightt wrote:

I find it very difficult for me to find people in my area who enjoy anime. It's nearly impossible. I have friends but not on of them would be interested in Anime. I just wish I knew more people around my area. I need to talk ANIME. AND THERES NO ONE. Anyone else have this problem D:

-Moonlight


My life in a nutshell lol. I know like 2 or 3 people who -kind of- like anime. I have never met a fellow otaku.


aListers wrote:

Go to university, you'll find plenty.


Spend around $10,000/year just to talk to people about anime... I spent $7/month on CR and it works just fine.
36990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 11/8/14
I thought I finally found a local friend to share anime interest with. But all she does is watch the same sports anime over and over for the sake of shipping made up yaoi pairings. That shit doesn't interest me in the slightest.

So now my quest is to find someone who shares my interest in anime and actually likes anime for the same reasons I do...though I have my doubts on it ever happening.
13361 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/8/14
RED SOX FTW :D

seriously its so easy to find anime lovers near me, we even have a society :D

do you speak about anime alot? sometimes when im chilling with people who i dont think watch anime, and i mention it like 60% of them watch it too.
29868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 11/8/14
It's not hard for me, but then again, I'm from New Jersey. I know maybe like 3-4 people who like anime.
25189 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/8/14

aListers wrote:

Go to university, you'll find plenty.


yup yup, thats a great point. in fact im not sure if i would get along with anyone on this site regardless if we like the same animes
but hey, it would be cool right?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.