First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Why no Action against Pirated Anime Streaming?
8311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/8/14
I seriously question because those pirated anime streaming are everywhere; yet, nothing is being done about it. It is easily accomplished by search engines for the anime.

It puzzles me that illegal streaming is out there, but nothing is being done to combat it.

Why?
18054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 11/8/14
What is illegal? And what is p2p?
Posted 11/8/14 , edited 11/8/14
search engines are fucked by their self-made rules. frankly, i don't really care.
8311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/8/14 , edited 11/8/14

onibrotonel wrote:

What is illegal? And what is p2p?


Illegal comes in many forms such as not authorized to stream it, bootleg copies, download movie files through torrent, etc.

p2p is paying to stream, supporting the anime industry, obtained license to stream, etc.


severticas wrote:

search engines are fucked by their self-made rules. frankly, i don't really care.


I read that Google is changing it search engine filter settings so one cannot view "Free" such as Free movies, free streaming, etc.
1606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Earth
Offline
Posted 11/8/14
You take one website down, a thousand more websites pop up. Plus, the Chinese.
13496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 11/8/14
We're built on piracy. While I do think that search engines should lead to legal sites first rather than illegal sites, I don't think that we should be destroying a major source of anime for new anime fans before legal streaming becomes good enough to become a viable replacement. We still have regional licensing ruining things and the fact that we don't have anime classics on crunchyroll. Until these issues are sorted out then taking reckless action against piracy is a dangerous thing.
8311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/8/14

LONGNAMEYOUWONTMISS wrote:

You take one website down, a thousand more websites pop up. Plus, the Chinese.


Similar to how the creator of Mega Upload was found in New Zealand, the same concept of how he was caught can apply. It's a battle they will have to fight and find solutions such as fighting against Bots in online gaming.
martod 
68167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 11/8/14
It's not that simple there are many petabytes of Illegal stuff and we don't have the time and money to take them down, plus most people have it saved somewhere like a extra hard drive, which we can't get to.

Oh and If we DO take the website down it's not that hard to re upload a file.
56932 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Planet Sanno
Offline
Posted 11/8/14

LONGNAMEYOUWONTMISS wrote:
Plus, the Chinese.


This. China is the piracy capital of the world, and prosecuting it there is almost impossible.
12032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Washington
Offline
Posted 11/8/14
It's a very hard thing to do. The internet is global and with that being said.... if someone is pirating anime they could live in a country where it's not illegal.
8311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/8/14

aListers wrote:

We're built on piracy. While I do think that search engines should lead to legal sites first rather than illegal sites, I don't think that we should be destroying a major source of anime for new anime fans before legal streaming becomes good enough to become a viable replacement. We still have regional licensing ruining things and the fact that we don't have anime classics on crunchyroll. Until these issues are sorted out then taking reckless action against piracy is a dangerous thing.


That is the company's fought on licensing policies. They created an unforeseen mess; therefore, it is their job to clean it up and create a new policy to fight against piracy. If they continue with their current policies, then piracy will continue to thrive on a company's weakness similar to a parasite. Classic anime, I wish Crunchyroll had some, but I believe they are limited by their income due to server upkeep and database management (Probably the highest cost).

Imagine, if piracy hits an all-time low and those who watched for free are subjected to paying to stream, then more income to support the industry.

Lastly, I hear and read the excuse of those under the age of 18 who cannot pay for streaming because they need their parent's credit card. If that is the case, then Crunchyroll can take action by creating gift card with a code.
Posted 11/8/14
It would likely cost the anime industry more to legally remove illegal streaming websites than it does to allow them to remain up.

Posted 11/8/14 , edited 11/8/14




aListers wrote:

Lastly, I hear and read the excuse of those under the age of 18 who cannot pay for streaming because they need their parent's credit card. If that is the case, then Crunchyroll can take action by creating gift card with a code.


I wish this would happen.
1931 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/8/14
Because removing something that exist is impossible, while creating something that doesn't exist isn't.
2408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Vancouver Canada
Offline
Posted 11/8/14

LONGNAMEYOUWONTMISS wrote:

You take one website down, a thousand more websites pop up. Plus, the Chinese.


Aaaand you just answered his question fully.

*Waves at admin* "This thread can be closed!"
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.