First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply What is your general view of the population?
Posted 11/9/14
Dumb.
7574 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Los Angeles, Cali...
Offline
Posted 11/9/14

IngramIV wrote:

Tons of NPCs


this...
7574 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Los Angeles, Cali...
Offline
Posted 11/9/14

Gh0st0vPerditi0n wrote:

WOTD: Sheeple. Exactly what it implies.

I look around and I see people that let their fear guide them. Namely, fear of being rejected by their fellow species. They'd rather wallow in their own self-misery and play victim to their fate, as long as someone else is there alongside them to figuratively pat their back, hold their hand, and reassure them "everything will be OK."

Every now and then I'll meet an individual that doesn't let their fear guide them. And 99/100 times, these individuals are interesting people that I enjoy keeping company with.

Sadly, they are few and far between.


YES! i feel you! i feel like im alone here in Los Angeles when everyone...i swear....is trying to go after the same hopeless "goal"...by everyone i mean friends that i currently have, who came to california because they wanted to believe their dream (of multimillion dollar movie industry) but didnt bother to do any research :p LA is a deadzone unless youre a tech genius...and even if you are you better be known in the ios app market otherwise you wont make any money ....i hate this shallow place...
78 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Chicagoland
Offline
Posted 11/9/14

the_spaceguy wrote:


Gh0st0vPerditi0n wrote:

WOTD: Sheeple. Exactly what it implies.

I look around and I see people that let their fear guide them. Namely, fear of being rejected by their fellow species. They'd rather wallow in their own self-misery and play victim to their fate, as long as someone else is there alongside them to figuratively pat their back, hold their hand, and reassure them "everything will be OK."

Every now and then I'll meet an individual that doesn't let their fear guide them. And 99/100 times, these individuals are interesting people that I enjoy keeping company with.

Sadly, they are few and far between.


YES! i feel you! i feel like im alone here in Los Angeles when everyone...i swear....is trying to go after the same hopeless "goal"...by everyone i mean friends that i currently have, who came to california because they wanted to believe their dream (of multimillion dollar movie industry) but didnt bother to do any research :p LA is a deadzone unless youre a tech genius...and even if you are you better be known in the ios app market otherwise you wont make any money ....i hate this shallow place...


I hear you loud and clear. I'm stuck out here in Chicagoland right now, and trying to find that individual to "connect" with is tough. I'm not looking to connect with someone "fearless" (because even I'm certainly not lol) and it doesn't even have to be a connection based on common interests; just someone with that drive to be different, with their own goals, you know?
Posted 11/9/14
cruel
Bavalt 
22029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 11/9/14
Population is a number.

I do believe that people are invariably selfish by nature, but the way that selfishness manifests is dramatically different from person to person. When it comes down to it, I don't like to say that "people" are good or bad, because in my mind, it dehumanizes them. Everyone has their own tendencies, priorities, and circumstances. I won't generalize unless it applies to everyone, so I leave it at "selfish", which only works because selfishness can be naturally inferred from the fact that we make decisions at all.
31300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / Earth
Offline
Posted 11/9/14
Self-destructive comes to mind and sort of ignorant
7574 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Los Angeles, Cali...
Offline
Posted 11/9/14
i had a bit of a cynical rant there earlier i apologize for that

but i would just like to find people that aren't afraid to be different...i wish i knew where i could go to meet people like that besides having to go online to find them :p just people that are generally interesting...
10060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Across the Narrow...
Offline
Posted 11/9/14

Bavalt wrote:

Population is a number.

I do believe that people are invariably selfish by nature, but the way that selfishness manifests is dramatically different from person to person. When it comes down to it, I don't like to say that "people" are good or bad, because in my mind, it dehumanizes them. Everyone has their own tendencies, priorities, and circumstances. I won't generalize unless it applies to everyone, so I leave it at "selfish", which only works because selfishness can be naturally inferred from the fact that we make decisions at all.


*Slow claps.*
563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/9/14
I think most of the people in the population are really stupid. If you keep up with some of the news there are a lot of stupid things people do. Whenever I meet someone for the first time I stay away a bit because you should always assume a person is annoying or will just piss off somehow. I also heard something pretty cool from a vegetarian friend. He said he's vegetarian because animals shouldn't have to die for people. If you take away all the ants the whole world dies, take away all the humans everything is still fine. Just something I wanted to share.
Frithy 
416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/9/14 , edited 11/9/14


That would contradict the Flynn Effect though. People are getting smarter.


I disagree people are not getting "smarter" they are getting more knowledgeable as information is readily available. As a society i believe we are becoming less intelligent. We continue to use valuable resources, we put in place stupid rules and laws which either work to make profits for 'higher ups' or to suppress people. And we just go along with it like mindless sheep.
25139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Beyond The Wall
Offline
Posted 11/9/14
Useless idiots, the whole lot of them
6980 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / where shit takes me
Offline
Posted 11/9/14
Critical of others... the comments on the post should be enough evidence, even im guilty of it
Posted 11/10/14
Lots of people.
2655 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Hell
Offline
Posted 11/14/14
Ugh.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.