First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Is Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare fun?
3731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / イブキド
Offline
Posted 11/9/14
I haven't been a COD fan since BO2 but ive seen gameplay of it and it actually looks decent compared to the abomination that was Ghosts. To anyone that played the game or owns it, is it worth buying? Thanks.
cosham 
17063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / Sussex UK
Offline
Posted 11/9/14
Got it, not really played it yet, still hooked on destiny. But a mate at work completed the single player mode in a night.
37824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Sunny SoCal!!!
Offline
Posted 11/9/14 , edited 11/9/14
Out of all the Call of Duty games I have played it will never be as good Call of Duty 4. The new Call of duty adds a few new mechanics like the Exo suit which adds a double jump, air dash, side dash a long with a downward dash and the exo suit abilities and in my opinion is the only new thing they have to offer. The single player is good but really short just like in the past. The multiplayer is still the same except for how you throw grenades because they actually get shot out from a small cannon and again the Exo suit abilities, they also added a rarity system to the game which include weapons having different stats and a different skin color, also pieces of outfit that don't offer anything but being rare same with Exo suits. You get these rare items from supply packs that you get randomly for playing multiplayer which offer some good stuff and anything you get that you don't want or is a duplicate you can redeem for a set amount of xp depending on the rarity. Aside form all that the game looks great graphics are nice and is a well made Call of Duty so props on Sledghammer on that one. Finally, I wouldn't get this game at full retail price nor would I recommend my friends to get this now I say pick it up when it either goes on sale or if it's part a great deal like the one going on at Target with the Buy 2 get 1 free.

Pro tip: Add a silencer to any assault rifle and they become way accurate like op accurate.
5441 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Dover, Delaware
Offline
Posted 11/9/14
If at all possible, rent it first or borrow it from a friend before you buy it. Personally, I think they tend to all be pretty much the same with a few small changes that sometimes makes the game just ridiculous. I haven't played it yet but everyone I know who has, tells me that its more like Crysis than CoD.
20230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/9/14
I bought it and I would say that it is okay. I don't really think it is as good as MW2 or some of more popular titles but I think its better then Ghosts or MW3. The jet pack adds a new twist into things and that is pretty cool. However, I am guessing that sniping in multiplayer is difficult because you can just jet pack onto a building and kill the sniper. They also took out quick scoping, so if you are a big sniper you may want to give this a pass. I agree with Bob, the guy above me. I would not get the game at full price.
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / New Hampshire
Offline
Posted 11/9/14
I wouldn't get it at full price, however it seems like you could enjoy the multiplayer a tad bit more with the added incentives. Don't expect a radically different gameplay style though. It's still Call of Duty.
3731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / イブキド
Offline
Posted 11/10/14
I'll probably buy it off eBay for a cheaper price and then sell it if I don't like it. Thanks for the replies.
4020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Los Angeles, CA
Offline
Posted 11/10/14
Well I got it and played it, and yes you can beat it in a day even in veteran difficulty.

In my opinion the ending was disappointing, after the way it starts and how it ends, I'm sure they could have done a lot better.

Regardless I at least enjoyed it, I also noticed some glitches with textures and certain assets(props) flickering on and off, not sure if anyone else experienced it.

It is fun to play once and maybe twice but honestly I don't see it beating its predecessors.

I enjoy first person shooters and I do enjoy their cinematic style to their games, however not much new from previous games besides exo suits.

Posted 11/10/14

Mystogan-Jellal wrote:

I bought it and I would say that it is okay. I don't really think it is as good as MW2 or some of more popular titles but I think its better then Ghosts or MW3. The jet pack adds a new twist into things and that is pretty cool. However, I am guessing that sniping in multiplayer is difficult because you can just jet pack onto a building and kill the sniper. They also took out quick scoping, so if you are a big sniper you may want to give this a pass. I agree with Bob, the guy above me. I would not get the game at full price.


Not really true. I've seen it being done quite a bit in the matches I have played.


Personally I am not a huge CoD fan but I played ghosts with my brother and enjoyed it and I play this one and enjoy it. The exo suits did change things a lot, for me who doesn't play them much, when it comes to the vertical aspect. People just seem to be all over the place a lot more than before. In the end I like it and will continue to play it.
20230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/10/14

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


Mystogan-Jellal wrote:

I bought it and I would say that it is okay. I don't really think it is as good as MW2 or some of more popular titles but I think its better then Ghosts or MW3. The jet pack adds a new twist into things and that is pretty cool. However, I am guessing that sniping in multiplayer is difficult because you can just jet pack onto a building and kill the sniper. They also took out quick scoping, so if you are a big sniper you may want to give this a pass. I agree with Bob, the guy above me. I would not get the game at full price.


Not really true. I've seen it being done quite a bit in the matches I have played.


Personally I am not a huge CoD fan but I played ghosts with my brother and enjoyed it and I play this one and enjoy it. The exo suits did change things a lot, for me who doesn't play them much, when it comes to the vertical aspect. People just seem to be all over the place a lot more than before. In the end I like it and will continue to play it.


Ah sorry about that, that is what I get for just trusting my friend without trying it out for myself. I apologize for the misinformation >.<

Posted 11/10/14

Mystogan-Jellal wrote:



Ah sorry about that, that is what I get for just trusting my friend without trying it out for myself. I apologize for the misinformation >.<



Not really a big deal to me but figured I would correct it for those who do quick scoping. There is a lot of people/articles/videos claiming it is gone so it's understandable to think it is. I don't personally do it ever and so I don't know for sure but maybe it just requires certain perks/attachments in order to make it work again. I just know I see it being done to me all the time in kill cams.
20230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/10/14

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


Mystogan-Jellal wrote:



Ah sorry about that, that is what I get for just trusting my friend without trying it out for myself. I apologize for the misinformation >.<



Not really a big deal to me but figured I would correct it for those who do quick scoping. There is a lot of people/articles/videos claiming it is gone so it's understandable to think it is. I don't personally do it ever and so I don't know for sure but maybe it just requires certain perks/attachments in order to make it work again. I just know I see it being done to me all the time in kill cams.


Yea thanks for correcting that. I do not want to give people wrong info ^^
That could be, maybe its a perk you get later on in the level system. Either that or they took the sleight of hands perk out but people still quick scope. I remember that they took out the perk that let people do faster quick scoping on Black Ops but it was still possible to quick scope it was just a much more difficult thing to do. ^^
261 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Winter Park, FL
Offline
Posted 11/10/14
I got the game and it is obviously way better than ghost. As of right now, the BAL is the only gun used within multiplayer, but I can see it getting nerfed so that the other ARs and SMGs could have some showtime. The Exo abilities really make this game more unique and more fun. Overall, its a good game. I would recommend borrowing the game from a friend or renting it before deciding on buying it.
13321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / EVERYWHERE
Offline
Posted 11/10/14 , edited 11/10/14
I'm enjoying multiplayer a lot I dont know if it's the addition of the exo suit which encourages you to move around a lot but i haven't come across many campers yet and if you get tired of all the jumping about you can play some of the multiplayer game modes in classic mode which removes exo abilities for more traditional style gameplay.
I say it's worth getting but thats just my opinion.
3576 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 11/10/14
Ughhhh I guess it's kinda subjective

I play with a bunch of people and we play competitively during clan wars, so it's fun for us. However its a lot less fun than the previous games, especially since Modern Warfare 2, that was, in my opinion, the best CoD to come out
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.