First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
U.S. Immigration issues
4153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/9/14
1. yes, illegal immigrants are a problem yet they do the work that americans dont and wont do....
4153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/9/14

TheGreatHoneyBun wrote:


J-POP187 wrote:

Yeah my family has always worked the oil fields and that's the main source of jobs for the town I live in, all the family pitched in and 7 thousand dollars and 1 lawyer later it sped the process up if not they probably still be in line My cousin works on the rigs and they had to abandon the rig twice since they heard gunfire coming towards them. A bullet actually hit the rig and finally his company decided to move up north to avoid the hassle of hiring security for all there locations. I used have fun going to Mexico for the weekend but now I haven't been there since I was 18.


I've gone to Mexico once in the past 4 years. According to my dad who goes every week sometimes it's peaceful and sometimes it's a warzone.


it depends to where you go.... you can go to Tijuana or some stereotypical mexican town and you will find the typical mexican in a poncho, a place full of drug cartels, etc...

or you can go to a big city like Monterrey, Guadalajara or the capital and you will find a place with good economy
13372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 11/9/14

Siawo wrote:


TheGreatHoneyBun wrote:


J-POP187 wrote:

Yeah my family has always worked the oil fields and that's the main source of jobs for the town I live in, all the family pitched in and 7 thousand dollars and 1 lawyer later it sped the process up if not they probably still be in line My cousin works on the rigs and they had to abandon the rig twice since they heard gunfire coming towards them. A bullet actually hit the rig and finally his company decided to move up north to avoid the hassle of hiring security for all there locations. I used have fun going to Mexico for the weekend but now I haven't been there since I was 18.


I've gone to Mexico once in the past 4 years. According to my dad who goes every week sometimes it's peaceful and sometimes it's a warzone.


it depends to where you go.... you can go to Tijuana or some stereotypical mexican town and you will find the typical mexican in a poncho, a place full of drug cartels, etc...

or you can go to a big city like Monterrey, Guadalajara or the capital and you will find a place with good economy


I was taking more about border towns. Once you enter bigger cities like Mexico City and Monterrey, it's like a totally different place.
23126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 11/9/14 , edited 11/9/14
Immigrants are not a problem.... period! We are all human and borders are just imaginary lines drawn on a map.

Anyone on american soil who is not a native american is basically an illegal immigrant, if that is how you choose to look at things.

This is the real problem -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPKKQnijnsM&list=LLck50iEUF3Bdk4VCEji-T1Q&index=3


We should all be thinking about how to help each other out of this economical mess, not who is an immigrant and who is not.
1651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Mor Dhona
Offline
Posted 11/9/14

xNuSeNsE wrote:

Immigrants are not a problem.... period! We are all human and borders are just imaginary lines drawn on a map.

Anyone on american soil who is not a native american is basically an illegal immigrant, if that is how you choose to look at things.

This is the real problem -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPKKQnijnsM&list=LLck50iEUF3Bdk4VCEji-T1Q&index=3


We should all be thinking about how to help each other out of this economical mess, not who is an immigrant and who is not.


Hey now, stop trying to distract people with more far-reaching issues!
4153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/9/14

TheGreatHoneyBun wrote:


Siawo wrote:


TheGreatHoneyBun wrote:


J-POP187 wrote:

Yeah my family has always worked the oil fields and that's the main source of jobs for the town I live in, all the family pitched in and 7 thousand dollars and 1 lawyer later it sped the process up if not they probably still be in line My cousin works on the rigs and they had to abandon the rig twice since they heard gunfire coming towards them. A bullet actually hit the rig and finally his company decided to move up north to avoid the hassle of hiring security for all there locations. I used have fun going to Mexico for the weekend but now I haven't been there since I was 18.


I've gone to Mexico once in the past 4 years. According to my dad who goes every week sometimes it's peaceful and sometimes it's a warzone.


it depends to where you go.... you can go to Tijuana or some stereotypical mexican town and you will find the typical mexican in a poncho, a place full of drug cartels, etc...

or you can go to a big city like Monterrey, Guadalajara or the capital and you will find a place with good economy


I was taking more about border towns. Once you enter bigger cities like Mexico City and Monterrey, it's like a totally different place.


oh well
Posted 11/9/14 , edited 11/9/14
We should secure the borders. We don't want criminals or terrorists slipping in unnoticed. As for the illegal immigrants already here, some sort of comprehensive reform would probably be the best solution. And now for my rant:



End of rant.
32077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Los Angeles, CA
Offline
Posted 11/9/14
I would just deport the ones who are criminals and keep the ones who are productive members of society. Actually, do this to both citizens and illegal immigrants- just get rid of all criminals and keep the good people here. If you are law abiding and productive member of our society, I would welcome you with open arms even if you came here illegally. If you are a criminal then I would like to deport you to the middle of the ocean, I don't care if you are a citizen or not.
12032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Washington
Offline
Posted 11/9/14
I'm sorry but if they want in then they should do it legally. My grandparents immigrated from Argentina back in a time where the government was really really bad. They came here legally and when they got here they tried their darn hardest to fit in. They did not know one ounce of English so they read the newspapers and listened to the radio to learn and survive in this country. Like it's not fair to them that illegal immigrants come to the us and have anchor babies so they get government assistance like food stamps and public housing. If they want to live in this country fine... do it right though and don't live off the government especially if you don't want to even attempt English. I really don't want to pay for them and it's an insult to my family.
Posted 11/9/14
I'm too conflicted on this issue...

Personally believe this earth is free for everyone, but I get that one country can't possibly fit everyone in.

You can't just say, "oh do it the legal way", this isn't like watching anime ya know? U can't immigrate the legal way if u don't have money or can't speak English. Even on humanitarian visas, it's not those who needed most get those visas, it's those who are somewhat already wealthy.

_______________

I think the best way is to fix the corrupted country in the first place, and I'm not just talking about Mexico/USA, it goes for any other countries.
A revolution or two.
Posted 11/9/14 , edited 11/9/14
Well I am an immigrant, my parents brought me over to America when I was 1 year old. I've been living in America for over 20 years now and because of the circumstances I'm still illegal. According to INS I have to leave America, go back to my home country for a couple of years and then return to be eligible to become an American, but that contradicts with the Deferred action that Obama put in a couple years back that does NOT allow me to leave America.
So here I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. Should I leave the country for a couple of years to my home country that I don't even know? Or stay in America and never have the possibility to become an American?
14934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 11/9/14
I would like to see jus solis (that means that you're an American citizen if you're born on US soil) revoked. It should be determined by your parents' nationality as it is in mos countries. I feel that a child should only be a US citizen upon birth if at least one of their parents is a US legal permanent resident (green card holder) or US citizen AND can prove it upon receipt of the birth certificate. If not, the child reverts to whatever citizenship it's parents are. In other words, I'd like to see citizenship being determined how it is in most first world nations.

One of the majors problems we have with immigration are the amount of people that come here solely to give birth because we confer citizenship to anyone born in the US. It's called birth tourism, and it's very popular amongst Chinese, Taiwanese, Central American and African people. The problem is that the majority of the women who come here to give birth never pay to have their child here, and instead US taxpayer money is used to pay for these services.

I think that, once you eliminate jus solis, you'll elimainate a good chunk of people that are coming to the U.S. for economic reasons.
Posted 11/9/14
The legalization system needs to be overhauled. When not even a lot of Americans can pass the test there is no reason to have someone else pass to get in. Just make sure they can speak enough English and have a good background where they will be a benefit and not a detriment and let that be it. Right now it is expensive and has too many unnecessary hoops to jump through.


I am also in favor of police actually doing their jobs. Democrats or republicans, I don't care who created the problem but the criminals need to be dealt with in a way other than just setting them free. http://www.livetradingnews.com/local-jails-refusing-hold-illegal-immigrant-offenders-forcing-feds-track-77826.htm#.VGBmhfnF90Y
17771 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 11/9/14
the only way your going to secure the border is a berlin wall style thing. there is just too much desperation from alot of folks to not try and cross.
Posted 11/10/14
I'd much rather have mexicans overrunning my country.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.