SAO anime art V. LN art
4571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 11/13/14
Which do you personally prefer?
(can post pics of the LN art if needed)
I like the art in the LN, it seems to capture the characters more in my eyes.
104115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Online
Posted 11/13/14
I have this like you see... It is on Sinnon.

my friend aiden can back me up on this, but that link is good.
4571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 11/13/14

AnimeKami wrote:

I have this like you see... It is on Sinnon.

my friend aiden can back me up on this, but that link is good.


?
104115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Online
Posted 11/13/14

metalshiflet96 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

I have this like you see... It is on Sinnon.

my friend aiden can back me up on this, but that link is good.


?


Do not mind me. I speak 99% code 100% of the time.
8733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / MI
Offline
Posted 11/13/14
Have you ever seen the *really* early concept art?



I, for one, am glad for the progress they've made since then.

Although I kind of liked Agil's original design
4571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 11/13/14

ThisWasATriumph wrote:

Have you ever seen the *really* early concept art?



I, for one, am glad for the progress they've made since then.

Although I kind of liked Agil's original design


The art doesn't match the story as it is, what is currently in the LN probably matches best. The original art looks awesome, but not as fitting.
8733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / MI
Offline
Posted 11/13/14 , edited 11/13/14

metalshiflet96 wrote:

The art doesn't match the story as it is, what is currently in the LN probably matches best. The original art looks awesome, but not as fitting.


They based the anime very closely off the LN art. Many of the frames are reproduced perfectly.

For example:


(This was a panning shot so I had to splice 2 frames together)


I think they did a fairly decent job, personally.
4571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 11/13/14

ThisWasATriumph wrote:


metalshiflet96 wrote:

The art doesn't match the story as it is, what is currently in the LN probably matches best. The original art looks awesome, but not as fitting.


They based the anime very closely off the LN art. Many of the frames are reproduced perfectly.

For example:


(This was a panning shot so I had to splice 2 frames together)


I think they did a fairly decent job, personally.


I do notice those places, but sometimes I prefer the novel, it's kinda softer (not sure if that makes sense)
I'll show an example when i get home.
8160 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / 4-dimensional Euc...
Offline
Posted 11/13/14
This video is a compilation of light novel art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enRoI52wqdA
36990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 11/13/14
I don't see enough of a difference to notice/care. My only real beef with what A1 has done with the anime is the unnaturally elevated amount of fanservice that got thrown in. Especially for arcs like GGO where there was very little in the way of ecchi stuff- yet now it'll probably mainly be remembered for the Sinon ass shots.
8733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / MI
Offline
Posted 11/13/14

TrialError wrote:

This video is a compilation of light novel art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enRoI52wqdA


Well I couldnt read any of the Japanese of course, but it looked cool.


Balzack wrote:

I don't see enough of a difference to notice/care. My only real beef with what A1 has done with the anime is the unnaturally elevated amount of fanservice that got thrown in. Especially for arcs like GGO where there was very little in the way of ecchi stuff- yet now it'll probably mainly be remembered for the Sinon ass shots.


Yep. Thats my problem. Well that, and some of their choices as to what they included and left out, like the Jotunheim Arc.
Posted 11/13/14
I personally don't notice those ass shots.
I feel people are exaggerating.
Ofc, I haven't finished the arc yet.
Sailor Candy Moderator
200577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 12/27/15
"Year-end cleanup. Closing threads with no activity since 2014."
You must be logged in to post.