First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Polygyny: In the US, do you think men should be able to have more than one wife?
9200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 11/18/14

KarenAraragi wrote:

First went I say idiot I meant as you should know what are you talking about ! No need to take offence <_<. Two I did't call her idiot ! I meant to feminist nazi ! 3 I have never say she is a feminist Nazi other than she come off to me like she is. That is.. 3 There different kind of asexual people. I have never felted my sexuality being attack If she want to believe that BS of her that fine by me but I will express disagreement with that narrow view of the world -_- By the way I did't forget you is just you come of as a troll when you say. Did she hit a nerve ? So I'm just ignoring you that all >_> I also find it immoral went people seen to think they have a say in somebody else relation @_@ And about the asexual thing. Like I say there different kinds of asexual. For example while I do have preference in girls body type amongs others thing in a girls . Theirs personalty can easily turn me off faster than a bullet.


Mmmmm....

The reason I'm celibate is because I cannot shake the idea that people feed on conflict in relationships... And they can last for quite a long time and still have these conflicts. I'm just incredibly conflict avoidant, and although I want a relationship, I think about the conflict involved and it just is incredibly off putting, and I just instantly no longer want anything to do with it. I've found that I can be happy and feel fine alone. I miss some aspects, but there's other things I learn and appreciate by stepping outside of the situation I suppose. I think it's the intimacy I miss the most. (And for me the intimacy is born of the exclusivity). It's just the arguing, and the meeting of someone else's demands, and constantly "proving" your love, and the fighting for their attentions, and then the probing (was guilty of that. got my answers, am satiated, but now I see what an ass that made me when I see others question every little thing).... Like I said, it's conflict. People feed on conflict. And the neediness for self assurance. I just can't seem to bring myself to do it again yet.
Posted 11/18/14 , edited 11/19/14

serifsansserif wrote:

Mmmmm....

The reason I'm celibate is because I cannot shake the idea that people feed on conflict in relationships... And they can last for quite a long time and still have these conflicts. I'm just incredibly conflict avoidant, and although I want a relationship, I think about the conflict involved and it just is incredibly off putting, and I just instantly no longer want anything to do with it. I've found that I can be happy and feel fine alone. I miss some aspects, but there's other things I learn and appreciate by stepping outside of the situation I suppose. I think it's the intimacy I miss the most. (And for me the intimacy is born of the exclusivity). It's just the arguing, and the meeting of someone else's demands, and constantly "proving" your love, and the fighting for their attentions, and then the probing (was guilty of that. got my answers, am satiated, but now I see what an ass that made me when I see others question every little thing).... Like I said, it's conflict. People feed on conflict. And the neediness for self assurance. I just can't seem to bring myself to do it again yet.


I have to agree with you in this. While I open to a relation with somebody I will not go out of my way to get a relation for the reasons you mention. The hole idea of dealing with all that crap turn me off. Especially when people want you to find a girl and marry. Has of right now I rather avoid those kind of relations for now. Since they seen like a job and hassle, than anything else.
5658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 11/18/14
Nay
41126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / VaIn aNd lOsT woRlD
Offline
Posted 11/19/14

tenchi22 wrote:

One woman can make you crazy. Why would you want take on gangs of them?


this is quite logical, lol. Good question.
41126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / VaIn aNd lOsT woRlD
Offline
Posted 11/19/14

KarenAraragi wrote:


shehulk wrote:

"You realize you can fall in love with more than one person do you?" No, but you can lust after multiple people and love and lust are two different things. Do you know anything about true polygamy or polygyny culture? Go read about this topic and find facts and stats before you even try to say this is about love. It is not love for old, rich men to hoard young GIRLS as possessions and younger men are not to even date them, these women are controlled and despite what reality tv shows these unions are not harmonious.
"Children, too, appear to suffer in polygamous cultures. Henrich examines a study comparing 19th-century Mormon households, 45 of them headed by wealthy men, generally with multiple wives, and 45 headed by poorer men, generally with one wife each. What’s surprising is that the children of the poorer men actually fared better, proving more likely to survive to age 15. Granted, this is a small study, but it’s consistent with other studies, including one from Africa showing that the children of monogamous households tend to do better than those from polygynous households in the same communities. Why? Some scholars suspect that polygyny may discourage paternal investment. Men with lots of children and wives are spread too thin, and to make things worse, they’re compiling resources to attract their next wives instead of using it on their existing families." (Doublex, WHAT WOMEN REALLY THINK ABOUT NEWS, POLITICS, AND CULTURE. Libby, Copeland. 2012).
http://www.childbrides.org/canada_TP_sexual_abuse_at_US_polyg_community_court_hears.html Yeah child brides and power hungry men..that is loving.

"The hole idea that you can't truly love more than one individual is truthfully arrogant close minded way of thinking" The whole idea depends on each person's perspective, upbringing, and spiritual belief...so NO it is not TRUTHFULLY ARROGANT to believe one way or the other. Your intolerance of monogamous philosophy is though. Your opinion could NEVER be truthful to except you and those who agree...and I do not. Get over it.


First all lust and love are two different things. Unless you can prove why scientifically can't you love 2 people a the same time I suggest you learn what opinion is Versus facts. That way you look like intelligent human being. Secondly This is not about those people over the other side of the world but the people over here. 3 I never say is arrogant to believe your own belief. What I say is arrogant to expect everybody to think like you or anybody else for that matter. Please try to control your feminine side. You are coming off as a feminist nazi. And to make clear this to you and other people about what I think about polygamy. This are my thous on the matter. If two individual or more want to marry another individual is theirs choice not yours nor the public decision. No man, women or god has any kind of decision in the matter. Is nobody business what individual or group of people marry to who. And please do provide links to those study's that are from legitimate sources for research and is from unbiased study. Including from a recognize institution and 100 percent accurate study. Before you go thinking he a guy that way he think like that I must inform you that I'm bisexual and asexual. Sex or lust is not even in my head when thinking about this subject.



Whoa...do not label me as a feminist Nazi because I am passionate about a subject that is important to every woman (feminist or not). Your grammar is not so great. You cannot prove each individual's definition of love and relationships scientifically because...it is in FACT subjective. Any single person may have a totally different view or opinion of love based on religious beliefs, upbringing, and experiences. LIKE I SAID BEFORE, IT DEPENDS ON ONE'S OWN PERSPECTIVE!!! I think I made it clear that opinions are not fact. You must have not read my post. Nobody can call their personal opinion on such matters facts. Science can probably prove that YOU can NOT be asexual and bisexual. Asexual means that you do not desire sex from anyone...yet you like both sexes? I did not make this about sex because a majority of polygamists do make it about sex and I was just bringing it to the forefront in my post. It does not matter what links or studies I provide you with you with continue to believe whatever you want to. I can use .edu and .org references, but you are benighted in your very own mire..where you will stay even though love is a philosophical topic not just "scientific"
This meme is not related..it is just for you


file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/usecule/My%20Documents/Downloads/9780387259239-c2.pdf

http://english.shatil.org.il/polygamy-causes-suffering-among-women-study-finds/

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/jun/30/usa.julianborger

http://www.pdcnet.org/pdc/bvdb.nsf/purchase?openform&fp=philtopics&id=philtopics_2009_0037_0002_0109_0122

SINCE YOU BROUGHT UP SCIENCE, HERE YOU GO
http://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/males-monogamy-can-have-evolutionary-benefits-f6C10789538

This book has some great stuff in it..that you will never read http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.3200/SOCP.148.6.745-764#.VGzKNdLF-Do

Look at p.5 of this pdf if you want to see some differences between children's self image who were brought up in a polygamist environment vs. a monogamist http://www.pjprnip.edu.pk/pjpr/index.php/pjpr/article/view/203/177

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/relationships/the-power-of-monogamy-10-surprising-claims-regarding-modern-love/article16099482/
41126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / VaIn aNd lOsT woRlD
Offline
Posted 11/19/14

serifsansserif wrote:


shehulk wrote:

"You realize you can fall in love with more than one person do you?" No, but you can lust after multiple people and love and lust are two different things. Do you know anything about true polygamy or polygyny culture? Go read about this topic and find facts and stats before you even try to say this is about love. It is not love for old, rich men to hoard young GIRLS as possessions and younger men are not to even date them, these women are controlled and despite what reality tv shows these unions are not harmonious.
"Children, too, appear to suffer in polygamous cultures. Henrich examines a study comparing 19th-century Mormon households, 45 of them headed by wealthy men, generally with multiple wives, and 45 headed by poorer men, generally with one wife each. What’s surprising is that the children of the poorer men actually fared better, proving more likely to survive to age 15. Granted, this is a small study, but it’s consistent with other studies, including one from Africa showing that the children of monogamous households tend to do better than those from polygynous households in the same communities. Why? Some scholars suspect that polygyny may discourage paternal investment. Men with lots of children and wives are spread too thin, and to make things worse, they’re compiling resources to attract their next wives instead of using it on their existing families." (Doublex, WHAT WOMEN REALLY THINK ABOUT NEWS, POLITICS, AND CULTURE. Libby, Copeland. 2012).
http://www.childbrides.org/canada_TP_sexual_abuse_at_US_polyg_community_court_hears.html Yeah child brides and power hungry men..that is loving.

"The hole idea that you can't truly love more than one individual is truthfully arrogant close minded way of thinking" The whole idea depends on each person's perspective, upbringing, and spiritual belief...so NO it is not TRUTHFULLY ARROGANT to believe one way or the other. Your intolerance of monogamous philosophy is though. Your opinion could NEVER be truthful to except you and those who agree...and I do not. Get over it.


I think I have a platonic crush on you... XD

Just thank you for this.


Lol, thank you, I am flattered :D

Posted 11/19/14 , edited 11/19/14

shehulk wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:


shehulk wrote:

"You realize you can fall in love with more than one person do you?" No, but you can lust after multiple people and love and lust are two different things. Do you know anything about true polygamy or polygyny culture? Go read about this topic and find facts and stats before you even try to say this is about love. It is not love for old, rich men to hoard young GIRLS as possessions and younger men are not to even date them, these women are controlled and despite what reality tv shows these unions are not harmonious.
"Children, too, appear to suffer in polygamous cultures. Henrich examines a study comparing 19th-century Mormon households, 45 of them headed by wealthy men, generally with multiple wives, and 45 headed by poorer men, generally with one wife each. What’s surprising is that the children of the poorer men actually fared better, proving more likely to survive to age 15. Granted, this is a small study, but it’s consistent with other studies, including one from Africa showing that the children of monogamous households tend to do better than those from polygynous households in the same communities. Why? Some scholars suspect that polygyny may discourage paternal investment. Men with lots of children and wives are spread too thin, and to make things worse, they’re compiling resources to attract their next wives instead of using it on their existing families." (Doublex, WHAT WOMEN REALLY THINK ABOUT NEWS, POLITICS, AND CULTURE. Libby, Copeland. 2012).
http://www.childbrides.org/canada_TP_sexual_abuse_at_US_polyg_community_court_hears.html Yeah child brides and power hungry men..that is loving.

"The hole idea that you can't truly love more than one individual is truthfully arrogant close minded way of thinking" The whole idea depends on each person's perspective, upbringing, and spiritual belief...so NO it is not TRUTHFULLY ARROGANT to believe one way or the other. Your intolerance of monogamous philosophy is though. Your opinion could NEVER be truthful to except you and those who agree...and I do not. Get over it.


First all lust and love are two different things. Unless you can prove why scientifically can't you love 2 people a the same time I suggest you learn what opinion is Versus facts. That way you look like intelligent human being. Secondly This is not about those people over the other side of the world but the people over here. 3 I never say is arrogant to believe your own belief. What I say is arrogant to expect everybody to think like you or anybody else for that matter. Please try to control your feminine side. You are coming off as a feminist nazi. And to make clear this to you and other people about what I think about polygamy. This are my thous on the matter. If two individual or more want to marry another individual is theirs choice not yours nor the public decision. No man, women or god has any kind of decision in the matter. Is nobody business what individual or group of people marry to who. And please do provide links to those study's that are from legitimate sources for research and is from unbiased study. Including from a recognize institution and 100 percent accurate study. Before you go thinking he a guy that way he think like that I must inform you that I'm bisexual and asexual. Sex or lust is not even in my head when thinking about this subject.



Whoa...do not label me as a feminist Nazi because I am passionate about a subject that is important to every woman (feminist or not). Your grammar is not so great. You cannot prove each individual's definition of love and relationships scientifically because...it is in FACT subjective. Any single person may have a totally different view or opinion of love based on religious beliefs, upbringing, and experiences. LIKE I SAID BEFORE, IT DEPENDS ON ONE'S OWN PERSPECTIVE!!! I think I made it clear that opinions are not fact. You must have not read my post. Nobody can call their personal opinion on such matters facts. Science can probably prove that YOU can NOT be asexual and bisexual. Asexual means that you do not desire sex from anyone...yet you like both sexes? I did not make this about sex because a majority of polygamists do make it about sex and I was just bringing it to the forefront in my post. It does not matter what links or studies I provide you with you with continue to believe whatever you want to. I can use .edu and .org references, but you are benighted in your very own mire..where you will stay even though love is a philosophical topic not just "scientific"
This meme is not related..it is just for you


file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/usecule/My%20Documents/Downloads/9780387259239-c2.pdf

http://english.shatil.org.il/polygamy-causes-suffering-among-women-study-finds/

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/jun/30/usa.julianborger

http://www.pdcnet.org/pdc/bvdb.nsf/purchase?openform&fp=philtopics&id=philtopics_2009_0037_0002_0109_0122

SINCE YOU BROUGHT UP SCIENCE, HERE YOU GO
http://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/males-monogamy-can-have-evolutionary-benefits-f6C10789538

This book has some great stuff in it..that you will never read http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.3200/SOCP.148.6.745-764#.VGzKNdLF-Do

Look at p.5 of this pdf if you want to see some differences between children's self image who were brought up in a polygamist environment vs. a monogamist http://www.pjprnip.edu.pk/pjpr/index.php/pjpr/article/view/203/177

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/relationships/the-power-of-monogamy-10-surprising-claims-regarding-modern-love/article16099482/


I did't call you feminist nazi. I say you come off like that to me. Did you have brain fart ? Also again this not about women but people individual choices. Criticizing my grammar does't mean you are right. Also stop trying to distract the conversation by making this about about women when is't about them. Including people from another country.Also I will check those link but if is bullshit or even close to it I will call you on it. I really hope you did't just put the first thing that you Google ?
Posted 11/19/14 , edited 11/19/14

shehulk wrote:

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/usecule/My%20Documents/Downloads/9780387259239-c2.pdf

http://english.shatil.org.il/polygamy-causes-suffering-among-women-study-finds/

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/jun/30/usa.julianborger

http://www.pdcnet.org/pdc/bvdb.nsf/purchase?openform&fp=philtopics&id=philtopics_2009_0037_0002_0109_0122

SINCE YOU BROUGHT UP SCIENCE, HERE YOU GO
http://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/males-monogamy-can-have-evolutionary-benefits-f6C10789538

This book has some great stuff in it..that you will never read http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.3200/SOCP.148.6.745-764#.VGzKNdLF-Do

Look at p.5 of this pdf if you want to see some differences between children's self image who were brought up in a polygamist environment vs. a monogamist http://www.pjprnip.edu.pk/pjpr/index.php/pjpr/article/view/203/177

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/relationships/the-power-of-monogamy-10-surprising-claims-regarding-modern-love/article16099482/


Some the stuff here is valid while other is clear as day BS. That thing about suffering about women in polygamy. Has nothing to do with the conversation or the question being ask. But I will have objective opinion on it. If the women involve can't handle it, then they should't have gotten in that kind of relation in the first place.
61 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 11/19/14
I would say no.

As humans today, there's too much emotion that goes into a relationship. Jealously and possessiveness along with competition for one single person can be too much to handle. Men and woman alike are better off with one person they can dedicate time to without the stress.

2461 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Minnesota, USA
Offline
Posted 11/19/14
Yeah....one wife is more than enough crazyness for most men. Now if it went the way of the harem Anime I'd feel different. And it's very unlikely a woman could get multiple husbands because most men are not wired to even remotely accept that [unless they are massively submissive men].
3614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 11/20/14
Voted Hell No
Why? Multiple WIVES would probably increase the male suicide rate exponentially

35933 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / Hawai'i
Offline
Posted 11/20/14 , edited 11/21/14
One group that was really against same-sex marriages was the Mormon church. Lately, they've quietly backed off(the biggest sign was them OKing gay boy scouts) that stance. Why? Now that same-sex marriage been all but shoved down the public's throats, its energies are probably better suited to getting polygamy legalized using a lot of the same tactics LGBT groups used.
5447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / Tacoma, WA. wind...
Offline
Posted 11/20/14
Not to split hairs too much but most of the guys I know are divorced . . . so they've already had more than one wife.
72866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Offline
Posted 11/21/14
...I believe that anything of a consensual decision People make in their Lives, they should be able to do as they please as long You're not infringing upon another.
30775 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Fraxinus
Offline
Posted 11/21/14
Adults. Consenting. Live and let live. Next poll.

(Though, of course, if that's the case, women should be able to have more than one husband)
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.