Created by KennyZha
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Abortion
2459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Minnesota, USA
Offline
Posted 11/19/14
Looks like the majority of CR likes killing babies, that makes me sad :'( but omg save the puppies and kittens!
2459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Minnesota, USA
Offline
Posted 11/19/14

jtjumper wrote:


GrateSaiyaman wrote:

Personally, I find abortion somewhat distasteful but I also think that you shouldn't have to pay for a mistake you made all of your life.
Personally, I can't get pregnant, so how I feel about it is rather moot.

It is far more dangerous to go through childbirth than to go through an abortion.
If there were enough people out there that were interested in taking care of a child once born, the issue might be a bit more clearer.
There are over 100,000 kids that aren't being adopted as I type this, so that is a moot argument to make against abortion.

The same people that are against abortion are also the ones that vote against offering aid to families in need and making sure they have medical care.
In countries that ban abortion they have more abortions than in countries that have almost no prohibitions on abortion.

That zygote that is floating around the womb of a pregnant woman is life but it is totally unaware of anything and totally void of conscience until further along in the pregnancy, beyond the allowable time for an abortion as far as I've been able to ascertain.

Something about partial birth abortions....
http://www.npr.org/2006/02/21/5168163/partial-birth-abortion-separating-fact-from-spin

Personally if someone told me that my daughter being knocked up because uncle Joe couldn't keep it in his pants was "God's will," I'd beat the crap out of them and say "It was God's will too."

It isn't my choice....
It isn't yours either, unless you are pregnant.


Who in the history of ever has said that rape is God's will?


Bingo, well said, let the ignorance of the masses flow forth!
34925 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / Hawai'i
Offline
Posted 11/20/14
The poll question still baffles me. Anyone who doesn't know abortion(at least here in the US) is legal has probably lived a very sheltered life or been living in a cave with no connection to world for the last 40 some years.

What everyone is arguing about here is whether its right or wrong which is not what the question is.
12636 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Marshall, Michigan
Offline
Posted 11/20/14

GrateSaiyaman wrote:


jtjumper wrote:


GrateSaiyaman wrote:


Richard Mourdock candidate for U.S. Senate comes to mind....


No, he didn't say rape was God's Will. [see http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/23/richard-mourdock-abortion_n_2007482.html]
He claimed abortion was murder, and that for him rape doesn't justify murder and that rape victims must carry the child to term.


http://crooksandliars.com/scarce/richard-mourdock-conception-rape-gods-will

He said it. Here's the Video...

He back-peddled after.....


Wrong. He was saying that the life was what God intended to happen.
24577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Your Cookie Jar
Offline
Posted 11/20/14
There's other decisions a woman can make besides abortion ... seriously. Well what about when a woman is raped? Its not child's fault... if you don't want it give up the child. Don't erase them from ever existing in the world, give them a chance to live..

I hate it when peeps say its the woman's choice but when its not always true. A woman can get pressured into getting into a abortion from someone else like a family member or a f*cked up boyfriend. I say that cause my step mom was pressured into abortion by her own mom, saying it would be a hard life with a child. But even if it would have been hard my step mom regrets getting an abortion and wonder what her child would have been like how. Imagine living with that regret? Also when my mom was pregnant with me her boyfriend wanted her to get a abortion so then they get married and get money from his parents. Lucky for me... my mom told him to go f*ck himself and had me. And to think if she gave in to him I would have never existed or be typing this =p

And also when is it enough? There was this woman who gotten about 7 abortions in such a short period of time...
2483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/20/14 , edited 11/20/14
I think people should be punished for killing humans, even if that human is not even 1 yet. That's all.
5447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / Tacoma, WA. wind...
Offline
Posted 11/20/14 , edited 11/20/14

jtjumper wrote:


GrateSaiyaman wrote:


jtjumper wrote:


GrateSaiyaman wrote:


Richard Mourdock candidate for U.S. Senate comes to mind....


No, he didn't say rape was God's Will. [see http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/23/richard-mourdock-abortion_n_2007482.html]
He claimed abortion was murder, and that for him rape doesn't justify murder and that rape victims must carry the child to term.


http://crooksandliars.com/scarce/richard-mourdock-conception-rape-gods-will

He said it. Here's the Video...

He back-peddled after.....


Wrong. He was saying that the life was what God intended to happen.


God intended a woman to get raped in order to create a life?

Mourdock said,
“I’ve struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize that life is that gift from God. And even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen.”

You are trying to split hairs. Because of his beliefs about life beginning at conception and it being, Always, God's will, you cannot separate one from the other....
It's still rape! It is not God's will. Bad things happen because people do not follow God's will, rape is Man's will at work, not God's.
Read the Ten commandments, the golden rule(s), there is nothing there that says you should rape people to create life.

That is what war criminals do, creating life and fear with rape, using sex as a weapon. All you have to do is watch the news, the ethnic cleansing and terrorism in Africa.... just for starters...
YOU are wrong and we will never agree on this.

Something to think about, Numbers 5....

72856 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Online
Posted 11/21/14
---REDACTED---
30759 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Fraxinus
Offline
Posted 11/21/14
Oh... boy... I'll take a backseat on this one
12636 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Marshall, Michigan
Offline
Posted 11/21/14 , edited 11/21/14

GrateSaiyaman wrote:


God intended a woman to get raped in order to create a life?

Mourdock said,
“I’ve struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize that life is that gift from God. And even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen.”

You are trying to split hairs. Because of his beliefs about life beginning at conception and it being, Always, God's will, you cannot separate one from the other....
It's still rape! It is not God's will. Bad things happen because people do not follow God's will, rape is Man's will at work, not God's.
Read the Ten commandments, the golden rule(s), there is nothing there that says you should rape people to create life.

That is what war criminals do, creating life and fear with rape, using sex as a weapon. All you have to do is watch the news, the ethnic cleansing and terrorism in Africa.... just for starters...
YOU are wrong and we will never agree on this.

Something to think about, Numbers 5....


Come on. We both obviously agree that rape is sinful and not good and never proper as a way to create life. If you think that I think rape is o.k, you are terribly mistaken. You have no need to convince that rape is bad. That is obvious.

As for Mourdock, we can agree disagree as to what he meant (and this doesn't mean I even agree with him). Anyway, I'm done defending any more of his statements.

As for Numbers 5, that contains a curse. Curses and judgments of God can harm innocent people.

When I asked "Who thinks that rape is God's will?" I should have just pointed this out:
It is not the position of the Catholic Church, Orthodox, any major church or any other good church, that rape is o.k.

Something to think about: Are children of rape victims and incest less deserving of life than other children? Can the means of a person's existence make them unworthy of life?
Sailor Candy Moderator
200584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 12/24/15
"Year-end cleanup. Closing threads with no activity since 2014."
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.