First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Troops are fighting for your freedumb
2372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Chicago
Offline
Posted 11/17/14 , edited 11/17/14

FlyinDumpling wrote:


SoldierSangria wrote:

I this.

People bash Americans but will not hesitate to use American websites, search engines, inventions, cell phone, internet...Watch movies, listen to American music, culture, come here as refugees, come here illegally, come here for medical treatment etc. etc...

Keep it up buttercup

Yup. America has its problems, absolutely. Yet again, as a person who travels globally a lot, has lived outside of the States and has family living outside of the States...Let me tell you, America's still one of the best places to live. People love to stereotype (and some stereotypes are true) Americans, but most are wrong - and these stereotypes are used to improve their own country, and help cover their own country's problems.

The government and the majority of its foreign policies suck hard. The country and the people don't.

I've notice a lot of utterly idiotic Americans who complain about their own country have not traveled they just digest and regurgitate news from self-diagnosed teen fem-nazi run websites (TUMBLR) and think their country is the worst thing on earth due to silly commentary.

Absolutely idiotic.

And I how this thread keeps going, yet threads about other countries problems/past problems get locked. Racism in Europe, Japanese War Crimes, problems overseas...etc. Shut down almost as soon as they are started.

Wonder why ♥♥♥

Final note my darlings :

I ESPECIALLY WHEN PEOPLE BASH AMERICA ON CRUNCHYROLL, AN AMERICAN MADE WEBSITE.

LOLZ HOW I LOVE YOUR HYPOCRISY ♥♥♥
Who are you even trying to argue with?


According to SoldierSangria, to be a proper American I have to love it unconditionally and goosestep down Pennsylvania Avenue. Heil meine Obama.

Well hell, the internet was produced in the US. You poor sods around the world, Al Gore shale rule your lives and you'll like it. Oh yes, you will like it.

The true hypocrisy here is complaining about the first amendment being used.

33355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Offline
Posted 11/17/14 , edited 11/17/14

HuastecoOtaku wrote:


pandrasb wrote:







Then I shall follow Jesus' example
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 11/17/14 , edited 11/17/14
How is it touchy?

America's foreign policy is bad, I think most people agree with that, which is what OP specifies. The question was simply what do you think when people say "I'm fighting for your freedom". It's clearly an opinion question but no one seems to be able to answer it, instead they go on a rail on "criticism about America's military is bad". Could it be that it's because they can't answer it? they don't want to? I don't know

And I never said I disagree with the meaning behind it, I do think it's dumb that solders are being stationed in as many countries as possible to protect freedom when it's probably unnecessary to be in most of them
I wasn't trying to incite a conversation about Okinawa. The person I was speaking to could have been anywhere around the world, because US is literally all around the world. The reason why I removed it was because it made people neglect the other 150 countries that US is in.

Back ground story on this, if you really wanted to know what's the original post.


So was was talking to someone who was presumably stationed in Okinawa and the conversation when something like this "citizens are stupid, we are risking our lives to fight for your rights to say all the things you want to say"
17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 11/17/14 , edited 11/17/14

bmoreravens25 wrote:

This thread is pointless, he is obviously just trying to stir up conflict. At least here I can leave the page unlike some similar schemed lectures.
It worked! My master plan to discuss about people's opinions--- and having my thread's goals unmet! SUCCESS!
15406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Empire of Walker
Offline
Posted 11/17/14 , edited 11/17/14
Individuals who HAVE NOT been in a combat zone for AT LEAST eighteen months should choke themselves. All of them.
17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 11/18/14

ghostwarrior88 wrote:

Individuals who HAVE NOT been in a combat zone for AT LEAST eighteen months should choke themselves. All of them.
I'm glad you brought this up. What about the rest of the countries US is in that are not part of combat, and their citizens?
15406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Empire of Walker
Offline
Posted 11/18/14

FlyinDumpling wrote:


ghostwarrior88 wrote:

Individuals who HAVE NOT been in a combat zone for AT LEAST eighteen months should choke themselves. All of them.
I'm glad you brought this up. What about the rest of the countries US is in that are not part of combat, and their citizens?


I guess in that statement I'm talking about the dickheads who blab about how great they are for not caring about soldiers dying, or flapping their gums about some fucky reason why the Airborne NEEDS to die for you.

I'm in the same camp as Moonhawk81, most of the scumbags American Armed Forces personnel are volun-told to fight and possibly be killed for aren't worth their weight in dog shit. The question isn't whether I think the U.S. should have soldiers in dumpistan, I don't believe they are deserving of the protection or potential sacrifice.

11700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Online
Posted 11/18/14 , edited 11/26/14
11091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/18/14
Well they said that they're protecting freedom of speech, and democracy. but the real reason why people joined the military, its for their careers on his/her's major. For instance, joining the air force to become an aeronautical engineer or a getting a military degree on computer technician is what mostly everyone who passed the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery test would do. But those who didn't pass mostly ended up in the front lines shouting Merica' at the top of there lungs every time they see that plane that fart all the time when it shoots. To put that in emphasis the ones who used that escape goat "I join to protect freedom of speech and democracy" are suffering from a very high case of PTSD. It sums everything up, the true reason why people would join the military, is for the person's individual career.
15406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Empire of Walker
Offline
Posted 11/18/14

the_sos_brigade_for_otakus wrote:

Well they said that they're protecting freedom of speech, and democracy. but the real reason why people joined the military, its for their careers on his/her's major. For instance, joining the air force to become an aeronautical engineer or a getting a military degree on computer technician is what mostly everyone who passed the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery test would do. But those who didn't pass mostly ended up in the front lines shouting Merica' at the top of there lungs every time they see that plane that fart all the time when it shoots. To put that in emphasis the ones who used that escape goat "I join to protect freedom of speech and democracy" are suffering from a very high case of PTSD. It sums everything up, the true reason why people would join the military, is for the person's individual career.


Bullshit like this is why I think no one in the U.S. is really worth the blood of soldiers anymore. How many concussions have you had? Were you born this dumb and ignorant?
Posted 11/18/14 , edited 11/18/14

AliceLilit_ wrote:


FlyinDumpling wrote:


SoldierSangria wrote:

I this.

People bash Americans but will not hesitate to use American websites, search engines, inventions, cell phone, internet...Watch movies, listen to American music, culture, come here as refugees, come here illegally, come here for medical treatment etc. etc...

Keep it up buttercup

Yup. America has its problems, absolutely. Yet again, as a person who travels globally a lot, has lived outside of the States and has family living outside of the States...Let me tell you, America's still one of the best places to live. People love to stereotype (and some stereotypes are true) Americans, but most are wrong - and these stereotypes are used to improve their own country, and help cover their own country's problems.

The government and the majority of its foreign policies suck hard. The country and the people don't.

I've notice a lot of utterly idiotic Americans who complain about their own country have not traveled they just digest and regurgitate news from self-diagnosed teen fem-nazi run websites (TUMBLR) and think their country is the worst thing on earth due to silly commentary.

Absolutely idiotic.

And I how this thread keeps going, yet threads about other countries problems/past problems get locked. Racism in Europe, Japanese War Crimes, problems overseas...etc. Shut down almost as soon as they are started.

Wonder why ♥♥♥

Final note my darlings :

I ESPECIALLY WHEN PEOPLE BASH AMERICA ON CRUNCHYROLL, AN AMERICAN MADE WEBSITE.

LOLZ HOW I LOVE YOUR HYPOCRISY ♥♥♥
Who are you even trying to argue with?


According to SoldierSangria, to be a proper American I have to love it unconditionally and goosestep down Pennsylvania Avenue. Heil meine Obama.

Well hell, the internet was produced in the US. You poor sods around the world, Al Gore shale rule your lives and you'll like it. Oh yes, you will like it.

The true hypocrisy here is complaining about the first amendment being used.



Did you not read what I said? I said nothing about loving it unconditionally, nor did I imply that - considering I mention that America is obviously not perfect and has it problems, especially with its government.

What I did say was that I find it amusing that people bash America - yet make use of all its products/etc., and also bash America using American-made websites. I find that amusing - they hate the country, yet gladly make use of things it has to offer. Irony.



That is what I said.
Posted 11/18/14
Freedom is Anarchy and since that's not what they're fighting for, I think they should really stop lying to people.
39464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M
Offline
Posted 11/18/14
I agree with the early post about projection of power. The whole purpose of government, going back to the point where mult-family hunter/gatherer bands got together, is to secure the safety of people and property. By expanding our power around the world, our forces (and their diplomatic counterparts) can usually deal with foreign problems and threats before they reach to our shores. The stability, economic boost, and humanitarian aid our forces provide to host nations and their neighbors is a fringe benefit.
55107 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / West
Offline
Posted 11/18/14
What if we just changed it to Servicemen/women "not fighting for" but providing a service to "maintain our freedoms" .

Would that be more satisfactory to your senses if a troop said that?
Posted 11/18/14


10/10
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.