First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Favourite Sarcastic Solution to the Favourite Threads Epidemic
17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 11/18/14

Hairbelly wrote:

On Topic: castration.
(´◔౪◔)✂╰⋃╯
29118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
83 / F / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 11/18/14

FlyinDumpling wrote:


Hairbelly wrote:

On Topic: castration.
(´◔౪◔)✂╰⋃╯


Hahah... that is awesome.
9200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 11/18/14

zendude wrote:


Balzack wrote:

It's spam, and the mods need to deal with it. Otherwise I fail to even see a point in having moderators in the first place.

Sorry, but it's a simple enough issue (people spamming threads to be annoying) with a simple fix (nuking them). If you fail to see that then you don't have what it takes to moderate a forum.


Yes and no. The people are certainly saying something; something that the marketing department should figure out. It is the mods' job to find the kind of happy medium to remedy without sacrificing the activity that arised from this.

Is it spam or free marketing? Hmmm. As a person who helps people with marketing with events, I say free marketing.


I don't know which threads in particular are pissing people off, but in either case, if people are posting them and people are responding, and there's a lot of responses, then it's pretty obvious that either the majorty of users seem to want that type of post, or a core group of users finds them very useful.

As for marketing... ehhhh... you can gain insight as to the responses and know key words for your SEO, you can analyse it to know which products or types of shows might be missing but have a strong following, there's a lot of info there that you can mine, if you wish to and if you know how.
27451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA! USA! USA!
Offline
Posted 11/18/14 , edited 11/18/14

Balzack wrote:

It's spam, and the mods need to deal with it. Otherwise I fail to even see a point in having moderators in the first place.

Sorry, but it's a simple enough issue (people spamming threads to be annoying) with a simple fix (nuking them). If you fail to see that then you don't have what it takes to moderate a forum.



If it "is" spam or users looking for a little fun or discussion, I guess it's too bad there aren't threads where peeps can go to get those needs for having fun and discussion met-----


Oh wait.......I wonder what happens to threads like that?..........


http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-873877/2014-election-we-kicked-the-hippies-out-but-the-smell-is-still-there?pg=9


17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 11/18/14
I never had this problem in general discussions or extended, but in the anime forum section there are always these threads that have no discussion whatsoever. Topics are always about the hottest anime girl where people proceed to post ten rows of gigantic pictures where I have to take that excruciatingly 5 seconds to scroll through.

First world prob.
51295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 11/18/14
The "Best Guy" thread is still open and active every 45 seconds even though that contest ended centuries ago. Why isn't anyone talking about that?
17532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 11/18/14
I feel this is like any little kid wanting attention...if you ignore the threads they will eventually die down. or you join in and don't complain.
35286 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 11/18/14

AiYumega wrote:

As much as I love anime and being an anime fan, some of you people have no sense of humor or fun at all. Like it's almost pathetic sometimes how if something isn't strictly anti-fun, it's seen as "stupid" or "annoying".

People who've got no sense of humor and are fuddy duddies are the real stupid and annoying ones. You know the kind. Go to a party, and they sit in the corner crying alone because everybody is happy and having fun, and they shouldn't be because fun is for "normies".

A lot of times I sense a feeling of being jaded when it comes to people like this.


I have fun being serious tho....
9200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 11/18/14

maxgale wrote:


Balzack wrote:

It's spam, and the mods need to deal with it. Otherwise I fail to even see a point in having moderators in the first place.

Sorry, but it's a simple enough issue (people spamming threads to be annoying) with a simple fix (nuking them). If you fail to see that then you don't have what it takes to moderate a forum.



If it "is" spam or users looking for a little fun or discussion, I guess it's too bad there aren't threads where peeps can go to get those needs for having fun and discussion met-----


Oh wait.......I wonder what happens to threads like that?..........


http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-873877/2014-election-we-kicked-the-hippies-out-but-the-smell-is-still-there?pg=9




hmmmmmm....

you could sticky some of the "best" threads, and delete the redundants, but then you're going to have a LOOOOOOOOT of stickies as people will claim each one's "difference" and importance. Also, unlike the thread you posted, the mods will have to spend sooooooooo much time deleting them because of how quickly they sprout back up, that they really won't have much time for anything else and it will also piss a lot of people off.

I go back to my original plan of just posting bad furry art in all the threads XD
Guardian of A/M/P
65272 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 11/18/14


Mainly do guerrilla marketing in my area because the Hispanics are really slow with technology. Besides, word of mouth is these people's culture, so bare bones works best at the moment until the shift comes.

As for SEO, I personally do it for my site, but still, my market is still the local game, so different tactics are required.

I have personally experimented with crunchyroll and turning users into members, and it was pretty okay. Though, the game is long and the turn around rate is abysmal relatively, but it still got some results regardless.

Kiki's Customer Support Service
Kiki 
100410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Nova Scotia
Offline
Posted 11/19/14

FlyinDumpling wrote:


Hairbelly wrote:

On Topic: castration.
(´◔౪◔)✂╰⋃╯


This is probably the best post I've ever seen in these forums.
20894 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/19/14
Yes.
9200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 11/19/14

zendude wrote:



Mainly do guerrilla marketing in my area because the Hispanics are really slow with technology. Besides, word of mouth is these people's culture, so bare bones works best at the moment until the shift comes.

As for SEO, I personally do it for my site, but still, my market is still the local game, so different tactics are required.

I have personally experimented with crunchyroll and turning users into members, and it was pretty okay. Though, the game is long and the turn around rate is abysmal relatively, but it still got some results regardless.



I do some similar work as freelance. A lot of it seems like voodoo, but I tend to stick with whatever google says and use that. SEO and content marketing are always slooooooow and long term plans.

Regarding marketing locally, I try and work with my friends business to push a very non-profit, charity friendly face on the business. It's a very small business that doesn't make much money overall, but it's got a very strong loyalty to it, and it's always nice to show how you pump resources back into the community. Other than that, it's just advertising on a shoestring budget. Print ads suck, but if you can give something of value away and toss on a business card, target very precisely where you want to be and your audience, there's a better chance of success.. It just takes a lot of creativity.
Guardian of A/M/P
65272 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 11/19/14

serifsansserif wrote:

Regarding marketing locally, I try and work with my friends business to push a very non-profit, charity friendly face on the business. It's a very small business that doesn't make much money overall, but it's got a very strong loyalty to it, and it's always nice to show how you pump resources back into the community. Other than that, it's just advertising on a shoestring budget. Print ads suck, but if you can give something of value away and toss on a business card, target very precisely where you want to be and your audience, there's a better chance of success.. It just takes a lot of creativity.


I just talk to a lot of people, build relationships, and see with what sticks. "LAWL"

So far, it has been great. I got a lot of steady accounts from when I started a couple of years ago. I only really did AdWords for a week to test it out, and it worked great, but it's not a main strategy. I want to use it in the future when I feel a bit more confident and such with my services, but I'm more than floating at the moment.

Basically, my budget for advertising these couple of years is probably around $400. That's not so bad when I consider what I get in a regular basis.

Going forward, I want to use AdWords and better SEO tactics to just flush out the local market, but I have more or less of an incentive to do so when I'm already sitting kind of pretty. "LAWL"
9200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 11/19/14

zendude wrote:


serifsansserif wrote:

Regarding marketing locally, I try and work with my friends business to push a very non-profit, charity friendly face on the business. It's a very small business that doesn't make much money overall, but it's got a very strong loyalty to it, and it's always nice to show how you pump resources back into the community. Other than that, it's just advertising on a shoestring budget. Print ads suck, but if you can give something of value away and toss on a business card, target very precisely where you want to be and your audience, there's a better chance of success.. It just takes a lot of creativity.


I just talk to a lot of people, build relationships, and see with what sticks. "LAWL"

So far, it has been great. I got a lot of steady accounts from when I started a couple of years ago. I only really did AdWords for a week to test it out, and it worked great, but it's not a main strategy. I want to use it in the future when I feel a bit more confident and such with my services, but I'm more than floating at the moment.

Basically, my budget for advertising these couple of years is probably around $400. That's not so bad when I consider what I get in a regular basis.

Going forward, I want to use AdWords and better SEO tactics to just flush out the local market, but I have more or less of an incentive to do so when I'm already sitting kind of pretty. "LAWL"


I'm just starting to look into adwords. As for the code for SEO, even the most typical website building software tends to optimize you code well enough. That just leaves social media and content. Content is definitely king. I mean the more articles and more content you create that people seek out (and possibly link) the more google and such rank it higher. Plus it allows you to hit key words (as long as you do it legitimately, rather than try to be shady about it, because after all, if it's spammy, people wont link, and they won't visit). And social media is just an ideal way to get it out there.

in other words, if you write well about your subject, you can SEO.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.