First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Xbox One app really broken..?
19520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 11/18/14
So yep I'm just wondering if I'm the only one that can't use the app at all? I managed to play exactly one episode beginning to end but then the app shut on me and hasn't worked once since then. Every time I open it it freezes up either at the main menu, or my queue.. and then quits. This happens without fail.
Not sure if this is just my console.. or my connection.. or what. :/
3118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 11/18/14 , edited 11/18/14
Same here trying to fix it right now.( Also is it just me or is it really hard to use)
Edit: Got it working, Terribly, buffering every 5 seconds for 20 sec
3007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/19/14
same for me. I can log in, browse my queue and search for titles however I cannot play a thing. it starts to buffer then I get a black screen, no video and no audio. i can exit the back screen and again search menus etc but that is all. For info I am on a 150Mb connection from Virgin media and my home is fully wired with CAT6 cabling so I am not using wifi at all for this.

I'm perplexed as to how a company can launch such a broken app without proper testing.
58666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 11/19/14

kagemushan7 wrote:

I'm perplexed as to how a company can launch such a broken app without proper testing.


I'm sure there were tests done, but that doesn't mean they can test all network types in a development environment.
21010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / USA, Brooklyn, NY
Offline
Posted 11/19/14
Had the same Problem with the app try uninstalling it from the system and then re-install it this worked for me.
19520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 11/20/14 , edited 11/20/14

redzero192 wrote:

Had the same Problem with the app try uninstalling it from the system and then re-install it this worked for me.


Hmm.. That seems to have "fixed" my problem. Though I don't want to hold my breath because it might be completely temporary haha Thanks a lot though, whether it worked or not at least it's some sort of solution. :l

23049 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/27/14

killer360xx wrote:

So yep I'm just wondering if I'm the only one that can't use the app at all? I managed to play exactly one episode beginning to end but then the app shut on me and hasn't worked once since then. Every time I open it it freezes up either at the main menu, or my queue.. and then quits. This happens without fail.
Not sure if this is just my console.. or my connection.. or what. :/


Just installed the app and watched one episode to full completion. Since then just like you the app freezes then crashes on the main page and my queue without fail. This is really depressing since I've waited a full year to finally get this app on Xbox One.

19520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 11/27/14

HeavensDemise wrote:


killer360xx wrote:

So yep I'm just wondering if I'm the only one that can't use the app at all? I managed to play exactly one episode beginning to end but then the app shut on me and hasn't worked once since then. Every time I open it it freezes up either at the main menu, or my queue.. and then quits. This happens without fail.
Not sure if this is just my console.. or my connection.. or what. :/


Just installed the app and watched one episode to full completion. Since then just like you the app freezes then crashes on the main page and my queue without fail. This is really depressing since I've waited a full year to finally get this app on Xbox One.



Hey I uninstalled and reinstalled it and it seems to work fine now. Try that and see if it works hopefully that will fix your problems too.

Really have to thank redzero192 again for suggesting that lol It seems like a simple solution but it's surprisingly not something I thought about doing at all.
58666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 11/27/14

killer360xx wrote:


HeavensDemise wrote:


killer360xx wrote:

So yep I'm just wondering if I'm the only one that can't use the app at all? I managed to play exactly one episode beginning to end but then the app shut on me and hasn't worked once since then. Every time I open it it freezes up either at the main menu, or my queue.. and then quits. This happens without fail.
Not sure if this is just my console.. or my connection.. or what. :/


Just installed the app and watched one episode to full completion. Since then just like you the app freezes then crashes on the main page and my queue without fail. This is really depressing since I've waited a full year to finally get this app on Xbox One.



Hey I uninstalled and reinstalled it and it seems to work fine now. Try that and see if it works hopefully that will fix your problems too.

Really have to thank redzero192 again for suggesting that lol It seems like a simple solution but it's surprisingly not something I thought about doing at all.


If that alone doesn't work, you may also want to deactivate/unlink your device, and delete any CR related files from your console after uninstalling the app.
23049 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/28/14
Uninstalled the app then reinstalled. It worked the first time after reinstalling but as soon as I exited the app and went back to it later the freezing and crashing started again. No way am I going to uninstall and reinstall every time I want to use this damn thing.
40202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 12/2/14
I uninstalled and tryed to re-install. The app said it was unavailable :'(
22007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/21/14
I was having the same problem. Then I changed my dns like the support email said to and now it seems to be working.
16005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 12/21/14

cow87654 wrote:

I was having the same problem. Then I changed my dns like the support email said to and now it seems to be working.


ive been having the same problem and havent been contacted by support about my issue since i emailed them. I found out that when i take my iphone off wifi videos will load but everything but my 360 works perfectly fine. maybe with the update u need to portforward? it was working fine for about a month since the app came out then nothing works.

Can u post the steps that they gave u to resolve ur issue?
58666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 12/21/14

Cannon04 wrote:


cow87654 wrote:

I was having the same problem. Then I changed my dns like the support email said to and now it seems to be working.


ive been having the same problem and havent been contacted by support about my issue since i emailed them. I found out that when i take my iphone off wifi videos will load but everything but my 360 works perfectly fine. maybe with the update u need to portforward? it was working fine for about a month since the app came out then nothing works.

Can u post the steps that they gave u to resolve ur issue?


You may need to change your DNS settings to use either Google's Public DNS or OpenDNS.
https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using
https://www.opendns.com/home-internet-security/opendns-ip-addresses/
22007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/22/14
Ya thats it right there just follow the steps and hopefully it will help you. Thx eyeofpain
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.