First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Should he have apologized?
Posted 11/20/14

pandrasb wrote:

I wonder what would have happened if he didn't.


Hmmm.. I see your point and that IS quite in interesting question. My guess would be that he'd just get attacked even more and it would be taken as proof of his being a "misogynist."

When I think about it in that way, perhaps it was a good thing he apologized even if he didn't have to. It prevented the situation from escalating even more.

Thanks for your input.
8386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 11/20/14

xDeadlyDollx wrote:



BlueOni wrote:



I would just like to point out to you that this man is a scientist; not a business man, not some corporate worker in Wall Street -- an actual scientist who spends most of his days cooped up in some lab, not in meetings trying to impress people. I'm not sure if you know many people in this line of work, but half the time they don't really care about appearances. The ones I know don't even own a suit. It's not important. Have you seen his sleeves? Clearly no one cares for appearances in this field. Heck, my own boss doesn't implement a dress code. I asked him once what he'd do if I showed up to work with pink hair and he said as long as I do the same good job teaching, he didn't care.

And just for your reference: http://sciencecareers.sciencemag.org/career_magazine/previous_issues/articles/2014_04_24/caredit.a1400104

People complained about the shirt because they know they can. They bullied this man to get an apology and prove a (pointless) point. There IS reason to hate "feminists" for this. They have gone too far. It's one thing to be offended personally, it's another to make a big deal out of it and rain on a person's parade just because you feel entitled to. "Feminists" acted in such poor taste regarding this issue and that apology was clearly undeserved. If anything it should be the other way around. In my opinion, these "feminists" owe Dr. Taylor an apology.


This x 10000000.



4544 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / somewhere on mars
Offline
Posted 11/20/14
That is just so stupid. I've seen worse shirts out there. The guy did nothing wrong and shouldn't have to apologise.
585 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 11/20/14
These so-called "Feminists" that are bullying this poor guy are nothing more than Feme-Nazis! They make the REAL feminists look bad. I, myself, see nothing wrong with this shirt. This guy wearing that shirt is not much different than me wearing a shirt that has the cast of Free! on it in nothing but their swimsuits.
2524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Out of sight (But...
Offline
Posted 11/20/14 , edited 11/20/14

anikevin wrote:

This is so stupid that makes me laugh. There is nothing wrong with his shirt. Don't we have freedom of expression?


Not if women are involved, we don't.
9200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 11/20/14 , edited 11/20/14
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2014/11/15/shirt-comet-girls-feminism-column/19083607/


Thus, what should have been the greatest day in a man's life — accomplishing something never before done in the history of humanity — was instead derailed by people with their own axes to grind. As Chloe Price observed: "Imagine the ... storm if the scientist had been a woman and everyone focused solely on her clothes and not her achievements."

Yes, feminists have been telling us for years that women can wear whatever they want, and for men to comment in any way is sexism. But that's obviously a double standard, since they evidently feel no compunction whatsoever in criticizing what men wear. News flash: Geeks don't dress like Don Draper.
24962 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Atlanta, GA, USA
Online
Posted 11/20/14
It's about time feminism died out. Being a woman isn't something to be proud of. It is not something sacred or worthy of respect. If womanly aesthetics are incorporated into a shirt design, so be it.

The ridiculous thing is, to make them happy, we'd have to pass a law... forbidding imagery of women being displayed in public? Some places have that and they are not nice places for women to live in.
26543 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/20/14 , edited 11/20/14


I honestly don't see anything wrong with the shirt. He didn't slap a woman with it. He didn't silence a woman with it. He wore it.
The shirt wasn't made by sex traffickers. The shirt wasn't made in a sweatshop, it was made by a close female artist.

If a woman wore the shirt, it would be a story about empowerment.

The argument about the shirt is like the argument over females in porn not being able to be feminists. There are groups of feminists against pornography. The argument is that porn degrades women. Even if the women like it and feel empowered by it, they're being objectified for men's pleasures. Anyone who participates in it, is supporting the patriarchy. Making their opinions null and void in the feminist community. Which by the way "feminists", is a form of oppression. Which completely goes against what feminism is about.

The shirt is a shirt. The woman, while attractive, has clothes on. There's nothing vulgar about it. It's safe for children's eyes.
They just want a reason to get pissed off and further support Misandry.
And it worked. He feels horrible and ashamed for wearing it. So much so, to the point of tears.

I honestly don't think he needed to apologize. But if it helps him feel better, that's okay.
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/20/14
What? I probably would have made it worse if it was me.

'I just landed a rocket on a comet! I can land one on your fat ass!'

Posted 11/20/14
This is a non issue to me. I don't care about either party. He's probably getting laid now by some woman who feels sorry for him.

Phersu wrote:

What? I probably would have made it worse if it was me.

'I just landed a rocket on a comet! I can land one on your fat ass!'



what? no penetration? :J
27273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 11/20/14
On one side, Gamergate. On the other side, THIS.



.............Some people are sub-human
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/20/14

severticas wrote:

what? no penetration? :J


Damnit Jim, I'm a doctor not a rocket technician.


nanikore2 wrote:

On one side, Gamergate. On the other side, THIS.

.............Some people are sub-human. Why doesn't Phersu just wipe us all out?


Hmmm....good idea.
Posted 11/20/14

Phersu wrote:

Damnit Jim, I'm a rocket technician not a doctor.




lol
50278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Phatuum Thani, Th...
Offline
Posted 11/20/14 , edited 11/20/14
The shirt isn't even that bad, sure it's kind of tacky, but wtf.
People need to stfu and stop bitching.

"oh boohoo, this guy had a shit with some women on it!"

THEY SELL APRONS WITH NAKED DUDES PRINTED ON THE FRONT, YOUR ARGUMENT IS F*CKING INVALID.

I seriously HATE people like this, this guy DOES shit for humanity, he contributes in ways that will last for decades, even possibly centuries, but these asswipes bitching and moaning that his apparel "offends" them, the f*ck have they done for anyone?

They're like the PETA of femminists.
"Pay attention to me, we're doing stuff!"
42447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 11/20/14


Thanks.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.