First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
Post Reply Should We Genetically Engineer Catgirls?
29118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
83 / F / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 11/20/14
Wake me up when they find a skull on Mars.
4243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Smash Bros Mansion
Offline
Posted 11/20/14

twintiger12 wrote:

Did you want to be a wolf girl before you were born?


No...though I wouldn't mind becoming one now, is what I mean. Forcing the mutation upon someone who hasn't been born yet is wrong and it'd be better if the child had grown up before becoming one (providing they want to, of course).

58970 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 11/20/14
Hey, think about both sides. It would surely be less giving for one of them.

1090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 11/20/14
Knowing the people in this earth, that would be way too much
9380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 11/20/14 , edited 11/20/14
Well if we did, there would definitely be some downsides. For one their poop would stink a lot more than a regular girl's. Plus their tongues would probably be sand papery like a cat's too. So hope you weren't planning on making out with them or something of that nature. Not to mention all the things that would be knocked of your shelves and tables and stuff. So yeah, you may want to think before you proceed with this science project. Chances are it won't just be a bunch of fulfilled wet dreams.
5072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 11/20/14 , edited 11/21/14
Well it's fine with me.

Although the placement of the tail was always a mystery to me
Posted 11/20/14
What's the point? What purpose will cat girls serve?
Posted 11/20/14

thestars201 wrote:

What's the point? What purpose will cat girls serve?


catching mice.
35035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 11/20/14 , edited 11/22/14
Mega Man, I'm getting the sense that people don't want to talk about public finance, patent law, the role of science in society, the ethics of genetic engineering, and perceptions of science in society at large. Well, except for Loomy (kinda).
Posted 11/20/14

GayAsianBoy wrote:


thestars201 wrote:

What's the point? What purpose will cat girls serve?


catching mice.




18602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/20/14

thestars201 wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:


thestars201 wrote:

What's the point? What purpose will cat girls serve?


catching mice.






GIANT mice
Posted 11/20/14 , edited 11/21/14

Lowlights wrote:

GIANT mice






8830 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 11/20/14

GayAsianBoy wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:
Why? Is it a bad thing to want catgirls, or to wish for fantasy thing that will never exist? People usually discriminate against nerds because they're strange, but that is never a good reason to discriminate against anyone. Unless it is threatening strange, but you know what i mean.


Yes, it is bad.

Unless it's Makoto Tachibana, then it's ok, because he's male, and it's not sexist to objectify men.




Oh please shut up I love catgirls, I love there are so many of them at every convention I go to, they're fun to pet (if they agree to it off course, but I have met, like 0 catgirl cosplayers who did not like to have their ears petted, that's what they are for XD ) ^.^ Catgirls aer awesome!, catgirl cosplayers are awesomer! (so kawaii, much fluffy!), and real catgirs would be the best!!

SCIENCE, get on this! Ima sugu!
8830 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 11/20/14

eragon2890 wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:
Why? Is it a bad thing to want catgirls, or to wish for fantasy thing that will never exist? People usually discriminate against nerds because they're strange, but that is never a good reason to discriminate against anyone. Unless it is threatening strange, but you know what i mean.


Yes, it is bad.

Unless it's Makoto Tachibana, then it's ok, because he's male, and it's not sexist to objectify men.




Oh please shut up I love catgirls, I love there are so many of them at every convention I go to, they're fun to pet (if they agree to it off course, but I have met, like 0 catgirl cosplayers who did not like to have their ears petted, that's what they are for XD ) ^.^ Catgirls aer awesome!, catgirl cosplayers are awesomer! (so kawaii, much fluffy!), and real catgirs would be the best!!

SCIENCE, get on this! Ima sugu!


(oh, and no, I don't really care what anyone else thinks, I have always loved cute catgirls and catboys, always will, end of story!)

46359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / End of Nowhere
Offline
Posted 11/20/14 , edited 11/22/14
I am not sure what the fuss is. It should be technically almost within our capability right now. I mean, assuming no one is talking about actually crossing feline genes with human genes and hoping they get something that resembles a catgirl.

Really, it is less even genetic engineering and more just simple cosmetic surgery.

Human ancestors once had prehensile tails. We know this because many in the monkey family have them. Occasionally humans are even born with vestigial tails. It should be possible to isolate those genes and create a working tail that can be grafted to a human. Same deal with the ears. Assuming they do not need to be auditory functional (and I fail to see why they would have to be) you should be able to isolate the genes from a cat that create their ears and simply grow just ears in a lab and then surgically attach them.

These are a bit more advanced than our current capability, but not much. And certainly easier than trying to genetically manipulate a new organism. It also creates for all intents and purposes a catgirl without dealing as much with the idea of whether they are a new organism or not. They are simply human with some new parts stuck on. Similar to a surgically altered transgendered person.

I figure, maybe 10 years out? If that? They can already create human ears, it should not be that much more difficult to create say feline ears.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.