First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Middle age food
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 11/22/14

aeb0717 wrote:

Yes, as long as they made sure to improve upon the safety (naturally), and that the horses don't have a history of steroids. You know, simple things like that. Besides, many countries already feature throwbacks from the Middle Ages. Alot of it will likely just be local UK food, like haggis and mince pie.

Mind giving me a link to personally check out the menu, please?


I don't live in a English speaking country and as such the information won't be provided in English. However, if you want the link to their Christmas (current) menu then here http://www.sjattetunnan.se/meny/julbord-2014/. With that said, you can probably use Google translate or something similar to translate the website. The downside to Google translate is that I don't know if the translations will be properly translated.
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 11/22/14


Hah what?
35017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 11/22/14
Tongue is actually a very tasty, tender cut. It's very good, and you should definitely try it.
9760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 11/22/14

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:


I don't live in a English speaking country and as such the information won't be provided in English. However, if you want the link to their Christmas (current) menu then here http://www.sjattetunnan.se/meny/julbord-2014/. With that said, you can probably use Google translate or something similar to translate the website. The downside to Google translate is that I don't know if the translations will be properly translated.


I checked it out, Google did alright, and... Going from the menu, I highly recommend it, as long as your wallet can handle the prices. Most everything isn't particularly strange. As I expected, alot of it is actually pretty typical European cuisine, but with a Medieval flair. The food is more traditional and rustic than anything. The more "out there" dishes appear to be far and few between. In fact, I go so far as to say that they went out of their way to avoid the more "icky" Medieval foods.
Posted 11/22/14
do we have to cosplay as medieval people, too?

7956 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/22/14
No way would I eat it willingly.

I'd have to be pretty hungry.
Posted 11/22/14
I love cow tongue. Liver too.
Sogno- 
45650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/22/14

narfington wrote:


AiYumega wrote:

I thought you meant food was halfway to its expiration date.

Or was going through a midlife crisis.


I thought he meant food for middle aged people.



i can't stop laughing

(cuz i thought the same thing)
23469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Iowa >.>
Offline
Posted 11/22/14
I wouldn't mind trying it, I like trying new things
36527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 11/22/14
If I could go to a place with a kitchen staff that replicates cuisine from medieval times and the dark ages and such, I would definitely try the food there.
13735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Inglewood,CA
Offline
Posted 11/22/14 , edited 11/22/14
There's a restaurant in SoCAL called Medieval Times, and they do the same thing(well they're a more focused on the entertainment side of things). How true they are to the times, I'm not sure, but I always thought the whole thing was so dang cheesy...plus overpriced. Those themed restaurants aren't too popular here in the U.S..

http://www.medievaltimes.com/buenapark/abouttheshow/billoffare.aspx

Posted 11/22/14
Posted 11/22/14 , edited 11/22/14

HuastecoOtaku wrote:

My parents eat that stuff once a week. The other day my mother cooked beef toungue with pork kidney.


Same with my parents. They also eat duck blood and blood cubes (its frozen blood but they heat it after and shaped like a cube..don't know what animal its from though).
It's looks pretty disgusting.

49909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / So Cal
Offline
Posted 11/22/14 , edited 11/22/14

furytime wrote:

Like a mutton? I'd try mutton/ a mutton. However you say it.


Sheep or lamb.
48419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 11/22/14

thestars201 wrote:


HuastecoOtaku wrote:

My parents eat that stuff once a week. The other day my mother cooked beef toungue with pork kidney.


Same with my parents. They also eat duck blood and blood cubes (its frozen blood but they heat it after and shaped like a cube..don't know what animal its from though).
It's looks pretty disgusting.



I've seen blood cubes at my local Asian market.
Pork blood is very popular in Mexico where it is made into a sausage. Gross.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.