First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Middle age food
49909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / So Cal
Offline
Posted 11/22/14

WeevilsWobble wrote:

There's a restaurant in SoCAL called Medieval Times, and they do the same thing(well they're a more focused on the entertainment side of things). How true they are to the times, I'm not sure, but I always thought the whole thing was so dang cheesy...plus overpriced. Those themed restaurants aren't too popular here in the U.S..

http://www.medievaltimes.com/buenapark/abouttheshow/billoffare.aspx



So authentic they serve Pepsi. It's not so much of a restaurant as it is a show. Don't go there expecting good food.
17761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 11/22/14
yeah, im not going to be a hypocrite. if i can eat cow, i can eat dog or cat or dolphin.
as long as its not human, ill eat it.
62171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Vancouver, BC, Ca...
Offline
Posted 11/22/14 , edited 11/24/14
I thought this thread was about the food choices made by people between the ages of 40 and 65...
9308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 11/22/14
tongue liver and kidney I have eaten quite a lot my granddad AND dad both used them so through my childhood I just kind of ate them its not as "disgusting as people think they are tasty when used in a stew mmmmhh HOWEVER I draw the line at stuff like....eyeballs testicles cock intestines ....YES PEOPLE EAT THIS "*%$....its sounds sooo bad lmaoo
5906 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / 38.2500° N, 85.76...
Offline
Posted 11/22/14 , edited 11/22/14
sure id eat it.

From where is the medieval food. English medieval food is different than what Ottomans had
1386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / The Infinite Noth...
Offline
Posted 11/22/14

furytime wrote:

Like a mutton? I'd try mutton/ a mutton. However you say it.


It's mutton dear. It does look good, I agree.
Posted 11/22/14

miotakare wrote:


furytime wrote:

Like a mutton? I'd try mutton/ a mutton. However you say it.


It's mutton dear. It does look good, I agree.


Thanks. I thought they called it "A" because people would hold them with the bones still on them. At least in some portrayals of the middle ages.
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 11/23/14


I'd love to try it, but it's not cheap on that place... It costs 495 SEK, 495 SEK is about 70 dollar.
35033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 11/23/14 , edited 11/23/14

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:

I'd love to try it, but it's not cheap on that place... It costs 495 SEK, 495 SEK is about 70 dollar.


There's no justification for that price no matter what their ambiance is. If you know any farmers, get tongue from them and prepare it according to a recipe you find online.
9769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Online
Posted 11/23/14 , edited 11/23/14

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:



I'd love to try it, but it's not cheap on that place... It costs 495 SEK, 495 SEK is about 70 dollar.


For the Christmas dinner? Yes. The cheapest feasts I've come across is 375 SEK ($50.22), for the Farmer's Guild and Leonardo da Vinci's Guild feasts. More within reason, but it's still an "ouch." Plus, it looks like you can order straight off of the menu, which would save more money. If you pick your food and drink wisely, you should be okay. For example, only ordering Matveterisotto (main course at 195 SEK/$26.09) and Strongbow Äppelcider (at 55 SEK/$7.36) is about 250 SEK/$33.48.
72836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Offline
Posted 11/23/14

narfington wrote:


AiYumega wrote:

I thought you meant food was halfway to its expiration date.

Or was going through a midlife crisis.


I thought he meant food for middle aged people.



This!
9200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 11/23/14

BlueOni wrote:


TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:

I'd love to try it, but it's not cheap on that place... It costs 495 SEK, 495 SEK is about 70 dollar.


There's no justification for that price no matter what their ambiance is. If you know any farmers, get tongue from them and prepare it according to a recipe you find online.


You know... I remember it used to appear in supermarkets too, but not anymore.. You MIGHT be able to get them to order it for you..

Not so crazy about ordering tongue myself.
9200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 11/23/14

miotakare wrote:


furytime wrote:

Like a mutton? I'd try mutton/ a mutton. However you say it.


It's mutton dear. It does look good, I agree.


WHY ARE THERE RAISINS IN MY MEAT!?!?!?!?!?!

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XP
Posted 11/24/14
Middle aged people should have to eat only healthy foods, so this is some ol' bullshit.
364 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Turn around
Offline
Posted 11/24/14
This had me VERY confused last night. Yep.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.