First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Nihon Animator Mihonichi ONA Discussion
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 12/12/14
Guys i can't find the subbed version of ME!ME!ME! i tried to do as you said but it still comes as unsubbed like bestpsychosean said i tried different browsers and stuff but still unsubbed.
43650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 12/13/14 , edited 12/20/14
The 5th one is a collage comparing key animation to finished products. Nice, I guess, but not ground-breaking.



The 6th one is pretty great!
20min Walk From Nishi-Ogikubo Station, 2 Bedrooms, Living Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, 2mos Deposit, No Pets Allowed
But beware, nudity (but not lewd, so it didn't bug me too much)
http://animatorexpo.com/ (And then click the red "EN" in the upper right corner)

By the way, there was a thread for this Expo by Stark earlier /forumtopic-872411, but there's just the one opening post, and there's been more work put into this one.

Edit of my last post, since no one has posted anything new in a week...

Episode 7: Until You Come to me. (Evangelion tie-in)

The reason for the title lies in the lyrics from Oh Danny Boy, the tune is Londonderry Air.

Oh, Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side.
The summer's gone, and all the roses falling,
It's you, it's you must go and I must bide.
But come ye back when summer's in the meadow,
Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow,
It's I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow,
Oh, Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I love you so!

But when ye come, and all the flowers are dying,
If I am dead, as dead I well may be,
You'll come and find the place where I am lying,
And kneel and say an Ave there for me.
And I shall hear, though soft you tread above me,
And all my grave will warmer, sweeter be,
For you will bend and tell me that you love me,
And I shall sleep in peace until you come to me!

There's another rendition of lyrics for Londonderry Air:

When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;
When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.
You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up… To more than I can be.

There is no life - no life without its hunger;
Each restless heart beats so imperfectly;
But when you come and I am filled with wonder,
Sometimes, I think I glimpse eternity.
You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up… To more than I can be.

But since I can't resist puns, my favorite lyrics on the theme are these ones for "London Derriere": Spoilered because NSFW, plus the new short isn't really humorous. But I can't hear that melody without thinking these words (and now you won't, either).

The Judge
23478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / traveling
Offline
Posted 1/20/15
These are all great to watch!! My latest favorite is #9 DENKOUCHOJIN GRIDMAN boys invent great hero. #10 is coming in just a couple days!





Featured Thread
Recognized for contributing to community involvement in the forums


To see more featured threads visit:

Forum Picks in Contest-Hime's Contest Corner



43650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 1/22/15
#10 Yamadeloid, basically a one-song AMV. Some really nice still artwork in the early minutes, next
38909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/24/15
YAMADELOID was awesome—super great style and a cool song to go with it. It's really a shame it seems not many people are watching these; the last five, especially, have all been very good.

I've been doing little write-ups for each short on my blog. If you're not sure if you want to be keeping up with Animator Expo— you should be. If you don't want to watch all of the shorts (well, that's kind of silly because they aren't very long), my write-ups, hopefully, can kind of guide you in the right direction.

"Tomorrow from there" is exquisite and is my favorite by far to this point.

Blog Posts: Part 1 (First 5), Part 2 (Second 5)
43650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 1/30/15
Episode 11 Power Plant No. 33:
An environmental and resource statement by studio Trigger. Mix of CGI for the big stuff and traditional drawing, not perfectly blended, but not all that bad, either. Nice ending I thought.
9561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/1/15
All of these look good. I've watched Me! Me! Me! great commentary on Internet addiction if you can get past the nudity. *suddenly this thread is back in the year*
40 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/1/15

cuttlefiishculler wrote:

All of these look good. I've watched Me! Me! Me! great commentary on Internet addiction if you can get past the nudity. *suddenly this thread is back in the year*


...What? The video establishes that the lead is an otaku, not that he's addicted to the net. I have no idea how you can come to the conclusion that it's about internet addiction.
9561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/5/15 , edited 2/5/15

redsilversnake wrote:


cuttlefiishculler wrote:

All of these look good. I've watched Me! Me! Me! great commentary on Internet addiction if you can get past the nudity. *suddenly this thread is back in the year*


...What? The video establishes that the lead is an otaku, not that he's addicted to the net. I have no idea how you can come to the conclusion that it's about internet addiction.


Everyone comes to a different conclusion. Did you watch the other episodes?
40 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/5/15
There are no different conclusions; it distinctly shows evidence that he's an otaku, while nothing indicates internet addiction.

And yes, I've seen most of the other shorts.
43650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 2/7/15 , edited 4/4/15
Episode 12: evangelion: Another ImpactA CGI tour-de-force of mecha and post-apocalyptic devastation. Seriously, just go watch it for the "wow" factor.

Friday, March 13.
Episode 13: Kanon It's Punishment. TL;DW?


Friday March 20
Episode 14: Sex and Violence with Machspeed. Um, yeah, ok... Well, it's by Trigger, so watch it I guess? If Panty and Stocking did Kill la Kill at the speed of Teekyu. WTF did I just watch? Also, do I really need to warn anyone this is NSFW?

Friday March 27
Episode 15: Obake-chan cute animated 4-coma collection of the adventures of Little Ghost Girl. Watch out for the power of milk! Also, ghost photobombs during ending credits. See if you can spot them before they zoom in.

Friday April 3
Episode 16:Tsukikage no Tokio ~Tokio of the Moon's Shadow~ All this happens in about 7 minutes, barely enough time to say WTF Japan:

104083 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 4/5/15 , edited 4/5/15

asharka wrote:

Episode 12: evangelion: Another ImpactA CGI tour-de-force of mecha and post-apocalyptic devastation. Seriously, just go watch it for the "wow" factor.

Friday, March 13.
Episode 13: Kanon It's Punishment. TL;DW?


Friday March 20
Episode 14: Sex and Violence with Machspeed. Um, yeah, ok... Well, it's by Trigger, so watch it I guess? If Panty and Stocking did Kill la Kill at the speed of Teekyu. WTF did I just watch? Also, do I really need to warn anyone this is NSFW?

Friday March 27
Episode 15: Obake-chan cute animated 4-coma collection of the adventures of Little Ghost Girl. Watch out for the power of milk! Also, ghost photobombs during ending credits. See if you can spot them before they zoom in.

Friday April 3
Episode 16:Tsukikage no Tokio ~Tokio of the Moon's Shadow~ All this happens in about 7 minutes, barely enough time to say WTF Japan:



Thank you for updating the good people on this. I have been banned for the past while. The help is much appreciated.
56915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 4/5/15

AnimeKami wrote:
Thank you for updating the good people on this. I have been banned for the past while. The help is much appreciated.


I have been updating people in the contest thread, just not here.
43650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 4/5/15

AnimeKami wrote:
Thank you for updating the good people on this. I have been banned for the past while. The help is much appreciated.


NP It was a labor of love.


sonic720 wrote:
I have been updating people in the contest thread, just not here.

Link? I usually skip most of those because traffic is too high to them.
56915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 4/5/15 , edited 4/5/15
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.