First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Harems
104017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Online
Posted 11/24/14

xxJing wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


Toradora.


That was borderline harem but tipping to the non-harem side. After all we didn't really know about Minori's feelings until the end. And the other chick was more like close friends than anything.


I question a lot of things.
mnmike 
19131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/24/14
Personally, I would say that an MFF love triangle isn't a harem. In my mind, to be a harem requires that there be at least three girls (or guys), so MFFF or FMMM (or more). If every love triangle were a harem, the term would start to encompass virtually every romance show ever made. And I think we can agree that Full Metal Panic!, Valkyria Chronicles, and Maid-Sama don't belong in the harem genre.

This rule would exclude Golden Time. (Perhaps there were two overlapping love triangles in that show--Banri, Linda, and Kouko, and Yana, Oka, and Linda--but there were two guys involved as well, so no harem.) It also prevents something like Kimikiss: Pure Rouge from being a harem. (A MFF love triangle that overlapped with an FMM love triangle, plus a separate MFF love triangle).

Toradora, I think is an odd case, although I disagree a little bit with xxJing about the reason:
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 11/24/14 , edited 11/24/14

cay032692 wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:


cay032692 wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:

Hell, college is basically high school but bigger anyway.


.......................Rito......W/e college you went to, petition for your money back, that is awful. =/


Say what you want, college is just bigger high school. With drinking.


IB<->CalTech , nope I just don't see it buddy D: , again, Petition!

CalTech? Bro, not everyone can afford to go to your fancy schools.



AnimeKami wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:

It is AK, it is. Or at least it was. 3 is a harem. It just later dissolves down to 1.


It was the worst harem I have seen.


You might not like it but it was a harem


xxJing wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


Toradora.


That was borderline harem but tipping to the non-harem side. After all we didn't really know about Minori's feelings until the end. And the other chick was more like close friends than anything.


Taiga
Minami
Ami (heavily implied that she wasn't just playing around with Ryuji)
3 aka not a love triangle aka harem
104017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Online
Posted 11/24/14

Rito2Ru wrote:
You might not like it but it was a harem


Well...

Perhaps the joke was a bit more hidden then it appeared.

Forgive me.
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 11/24/14

AnimeKami wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:
You might not like it but it was a harem


Well...

Perhaps the joke was a bit more hidden then it appeared.

Forgive me.


I'm bad at picking up jokes through the internet
104017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Online
Posted 11/24/14

Rito2Ru wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:
You might not like it but it was a harem


Well...

Perhaps the joke was a bit more hidden then it appeared.

Forgive me.


I'm bad at picking up jokes through the internet


I forgive you.
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 11/24/14

AnimeKami wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:
You might not like it but it was a harem


Well...

Perhaps the joke was a bit more hidden then it appeared.

Forgive me.


I'm bad at picking up jokes through the internet


I forgive you.


88 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Miami Florida
Offline
Posted 11/24/14
Tenchi myuo,persona 4 (Chie for the win XD) and 3, if you can get away with it in 3 (And I have. Twice.), Aizawa-san Zoushoku, Fujimura-Kun Meitsu,Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou, Hidan No Aria, Seitokai Yakuindomo, To Love Ru Darkness, Wall flower,
and the one that started it all for me Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou. Sai Akuto is the true Demon king.
7829 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/26/14
High School DXD although it might be the slowest growing harem ever: roughly one girl every six episodes. Issei actually wanted a harem from episode one, and all the girls in said harem actually want to take his virginity.

I have a soft spot for Omamori Himari. I really liked Himari and adore Shizuku. Seriously she's one of my favorite anime characters. Wonder if all the hate for it is because the male lead five-man-bands out as the chick.

Loving Trinity Seven , and I'll buy it if it gets disked. Not sure if Twin Tails or No Game No Life count at this point. Others: Rosario + Vampire, Sekirei, Cat Planet Cuties, Shuffle, Rail Wars.

Kamigami no Osobi is the only reverse harem I've liked so far.
55915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / NY
Online
Posted 11/26/14

Rito2Ru wrote:
3 is a harem. It just later dissolves down to 1.



29741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Fraxinus
Offline
Posted 11/26/14
I get the people saying that most harems are bad, but whoever watches harems for the rich, engaging stories isn't doing it right.

As for my best harem... Pftt... I don't know. Just because I love it so much, and I think all the girls are great, and a couple of my favourite girls come from it, I might just have to say Seitokai no Ichizon
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 11/26/14

sonic720 wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:
3 is a harem. It just later dissolves down to 1.





Touko is into some kinky shit.
104017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Online
Posted 11/26/14

Frenzify wrote:

I get the people saying that most harems are bad, but whoever watches harems for the rich, engaging stories isn't doing it right.

As for my best harem... Pftt... I don't know. Just because I love it so much, and I think all the girls are great, and a couple of my favourite girls come from it, I might just have to say Seitokai no Ichizon


There is a counter to this.
29741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Fraxinus
Offline
Posted 11/26/14

AnimeKami wrote:


Frenzify wrote:

I get the people saying that most harems are bad, but whoever watches harems for the rich, engaging stories isn't doing it right.

As for my best harem... Pftt... I don't know. Just because I love it so much, and I think all the girls are great, and a couple of my favourite girls come from it, I might just have to say Seitokai no Ichizon


There is a counter to this.


You have my attention.
104017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Online
Posted 11/26/14

Frenzify wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


Frenzify wrote:

I get the people saying that most harems are bad, but whoever watches harems for the rich, engaging stories isn't doing it right.

As for my best harem... Pftt... I don't know. Just because I love it so much, and I think all the girls are great, and a couple of my favourite girls come from it, I might just have to say Seitokai no Ichizon


There is a counter to this.


You have my attention.


Define rich for me.

In your own words.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.