First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Post Reply Log Horizon 2: A big disappointment?
LokiLB 
41574 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/23/14 , edited 11/26/14
I haven't liked the Akatsuki plot line as much as past plot lines. Not because it's objectively any worse or better than season one, but because it's covering topics that annoy me. Romance and girly time are not something I enjoy. Neither is romance angst of the triangle/polygon variety. Dedicated 'girl power' episodes/plot lines also annoy me. Just have the girls kick butt with everyone else. You don't need to call attention to it like it's something strange and unusual.

But there's also been some nice set up in this season. The entire plot line with the Kunie is interesting and bound to get even more so. The flavor text and Crusty's disappearance are definitely going to have an interesting impact. And now that the defenses for Akihabara are down, that opens up all kinds of possibilities.
6403 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 11/23/14
I don't see it as any different than the first season, or at least not significantly. I like that they keep bringing in new mmo style things like Raids, while also evolving the things already in place instead of leaving them stagnant. Most anime introduce x-thing then that thing stays as it was introduced throughout, LH however shows that the world is evolving. Not to mention I like Akatsuki so I like seeing some development on her, though I wouldn't go so far as to say she's the only one.

tl;dr its still the same series I love with the same characters I love.
8737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / MI
Offline
Posted 11/23/14 , edited 11/23/14
There's nothing too different so far from the first season so I can't say I'm disappointed. Then again I wasnt a fan of the first season either... I just don't see the draw of this show. The story is boring so far, there are way too many characters, there aren't any interesting characters, the animation is shoddy, at best, and the content is just too technical to be enjoyable.

To put It in one sentence, it just feels like a show made by engineers rather than artists.
55609 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/23/14
It has been kind of disappointing so far.

But only because of the focus on Akatsuki and the Princess so far.H

Akatsuki's "developememt" was just vague and unclear nonsense. No to mention whatever stuff that was clear was really cliche and boring. Honestly the show tries to make her seem speacial when she isnt. Like the Princess, she doesnt really have that much of a personality either imo.
19132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/23/14
ummmm

no, it hasn't been a big disappointment for me. I think this stuff isn't unexpected from LH. LH isn't very action-y like most other series; you should expect a lot more dialogue and a lot more inner workings than actual fighting.
4728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 11/23/14 , edited 11/23/14

ThisWasATriumph wrote:

There's nothing too different so far from the first season so I can't say I'm disappointed. Then again I wasnt a fan of the first season either... I just don't see the draw of this show. The story is boring so far, there are way too many characters, there aren't any interesting characters, the animation is shoddy, at best, and the content is just too technical to be enjoyable.

To put It in one sentence, it just feels like a show made by engineers rather than artists.


Engineers you say, well that's a good things, as this anime is a true to life anime adaptation of the better, more complex MMOs out there(Specifically, It's largely based off of RO, you can tell the creator is a big fan of RO, that's for sure), and it covers all the issues that exist in a MMO, and It's damn spot on at that.

Naturally, if you're not a fan of the better MMOs out there, you're not likely to like this anime that much(nor are you fully gonna beable to grasp everything in the series). This anime assumes you played MMOs(and great ones at that, not POS WOW).

In short, this anime is really for people who have played such MMOs, and have gone though/witnessed such going on them selves. The fact It's so technical, is one of the best things about this anime(repeat after me, worl building, and strategy is a good thing).

The animation is good enough, and the char art is great, so cut them slack on that geez, you're starting to sound like your nitpicking now as far as that goes.


1773 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 11/23/14 , edited 11/23/14
This godamn series is a dissappointment. I forced myself to watch season 1 and well it was boeing. Season 2 starts and I have hope for action but it is still boring. SAO is flawed but at least is better than this crap.
8737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / MI
Offline
Posted 11/23/14

Zoltor wrote:


ThisWasATriumph wrote:

There's nothing too different so far from the first season so I can't say I'm disappointed. Then again I wasnt a fan of the first season either... I just don't see the draw of this show. The story is boring so far, there are way too many characters, there aren't any interesting characters, the animation is shoddy, at best, and the content is just too technical to be enjoyable.

To put It in one sentence, it just feels like a show made by engineers rather than artists.


Engineers you say, well that's a good things, as this anime is a true to life anime adaptation of the better, more complex MMOs out there(Specifically, It's largely based off of RO, you can tell the creator is a big fan of RO, that's for sure), and it covers all the issues that exist in a MMO, and It's damn spot on at that.

Naturally, if you're not a fan of the better MMOs out there, you're not likely to like this anime that much(nor are you fully gonna beable to grasp everything in the series). This anime assumes you played MMOs(and great ones at that, not POS WOW).

In short, this anime is really for people who have played such MMOs, and have gone though/witnessed such going on them selves. The fact It's so technical, is one of the best things about this anime.

The animation is good enough, and the char art is great, so cut them slack on that geez, you're starting to sound like your nitpicking now as far as that goes.


Speaking as an engineer, it wasn't a compliment But no, I've never been a huge MMO player since getting burned out grinding on the legendarily crappy Runescape many years ago... So obviously actual MMO players are going to enjoy this more than the average viewer, I suppose. But that would be more true if it actually stuck to that identity. Unfortunately though, they're attempting to add some really poorly written romance, and what appears to be an attempt at drama.
51985 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Oakland, CA
Offline
Posted 11/23/14 , edited 11/23/14

extremekid3708 wrote:

This godamn series is a dissappointment. I forced myself to watch season 1 and well it was boeing. Season 2 starts and I have hope for action but it is still boring. SAO is flawed but at least is better than this crap.


Honestly I think this is the issue for folks.

People want in anime CLEAR GENRE shows, in this case SAO shonen action, maybe a bit more mature.

Log Horizon is a weird show, and it's weird that it got adapted for TV at all, because it's simply not like the standard fare, whether in theme, or in pacing, or in general characterization.
4728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 11/23/14 , edited 1/18/15

extremekid3708 wrote:

This godamn series is a dissappointment. I forced myself to watch season 1 and well it was boeing. Season 2 starts and I have hope for action but it is still boring. SAO is flawed but at least is better than this crap.


SAO is the biggest abomination in the history of the written word, there's no story to speak of, the romance has no meaning, due to there being no relationship development at all, after the time skip(which exists for no other reason then the it that dares call himself a writer, wanted to publish something, without needing to write a legitimate story, there's no main story plot/progression at all after the time skip, ect.


This Isn't a pos, punch random morons out, and call it a day anime either, if you don't like LH, you must not like MMOs(or at very least, you have never played any of the actual high quality MMOs out there). This anime assumes you have real first hand knowledge/experience of the more complex MMOs, and the issues that are in such(both social wise, as well as trying to figure new content out).


Anyone who says It's boring, must be among the people who don't like to use their brains, It's pretty sad when people are complaining that the anime requires thinking, to enjoy such.
52893 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 11/23/14 , edited 11/23/14
There it is.

the LH vs SAO debate is about to start.

Again....... great.
51985 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Oakland, CA
Offline
Posted 11/23/14

Zoltor wrote:


SAO is the biggest abomination in the history of the written word, there's no story to speak of, the romance has no meaning, due to there being no relationship development at all, after the time skip(which exists for no other reason then the it that dares call himself a writer, wanted to publish something, without needing to write a legitimate story, there's no main story plot/progression at all after the time skip, ect.


I think it was xxJing who came up with the comparison, but it's a good one;

SAO is Twilight for boys. It's carefully crafted to hit all the right buttons to be a hit, really a pretty impressive piece of technical work when you look at it that way :p

~~~

LH is not "Crafted" in that sense, it's idiosyncratic and not megatuned/megaproduced. That's not something a lot of people like
30793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Fraxinus
Offline
Posted 11/23/14

extremekid3708 wrote:

This godamn series is a dissappointment. I forced myself to watch season 1 and well it was boeing. Season 2 starts and I have hope for action but it is still boring. SAO is flawed but at least is better than this crap.


Well, I think season one should have served as a fair warning to you that you'd be getting more of the same. You didn't honestly expect them to completely change up how they've been going about this, did you? This doesn't prioritise needless, over the top fight scenes over more critical story elements, and I think you're watching the wrong series if that's what you wanted out of this.
4728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 11/23/14

windsagio wrote:


extremekid3708 wrote:

This godamn series is a dissappointment. I forced myself to watch season 1 and well it was boeing. Season 2 starts and I have hope for action but it is still boring. SAO is flawed but at least is better than this crap.


Honestly I think this is the issue for folks.

People want in anime CLEAR GENRE shows, in this case SAO shonen action, maybe a bit more mature.

Log Horizon is a weird show, and it's weird that it got adapted for TV at all, because it's simply not like the standard fare, whether in theme, or in pacing, or in general characterization.



I honestly can't decide what genre you would label LH, perhaps, you think that's a problem. They really need to make "story driven" a genre for cases like this.

However I would say it fits "Slice of Life", with a touch of drama pretty well, since it deals with MMO life, and the MMO world has become real, so yea.
30793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Fraxinus
Offline
Posted 11/23/14 , edited 11/24/14

cay032692 wrote:

There it is.

the LH vs SAO debate is about to start.

Again....... great.


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.