First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply How to handle a friend you suspect to be gay?
Posted 11/24/14

qualeshia3 wrote:


justanotherguy_2005 wrote:



From my understanding it breaks down to simply pansexual = all genders/sexes while poly is just many of them but not really all of them.


How? I still don't get it.


How what? Pansexual will love or like anyone regardless of what gender they identify with. Polysexuals love or like a lot of genders that people could identify with but not really all of them. It's just numbers. There are a crazy amount of genders people can identify with. Say there are 50 of them. A pansexual can fall in love with all 50. A polysexual might only like 40 or 46 of them or 20. At least if I understand it all correctly. I could be wrong. It's a pretty complicated thing.
4251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 11/24/14

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:



What is the difference between polysexual and pansexual?


From my understanding it breaks down to simply pansexual = all genders/sexes while poly is just many of them but not really all of them.


Also, since it seems this thread won't be closed despite it being a personal thread I will go ahead and throw in my 2 cents.

The possibility of him being gay is completely irrelevant and I don't think you are ok with it as much as you claim because you feel the need to bring it up. Don't bother trying to put a reason as to why he is so attached to you into it because you don't know anything for sure. The reason doesn't matter if the only problem is that he is too clingy. Man up and simply tell him he isn't giving you enough space. Don't bother bringing any other crap into it and just leave it at that. If he tries to laugh it off as a joke then you take responsibility and forcefully distance yourself from him until he gets the point. It's not that difficult of a problem as to needing help from others.



Yeah.. To put it simple (being pansexual myself) from what I have found, it seems as if pan sexuality is more of not really seeing gender as a main object of attraction.. While polysexual may have specific genders they are specifically attracted to.

42489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 11/24/14

GayAsianBoy wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:
How? I still don't get it.


From my understanding, pansexual means attraction to all people regardless of gender, race or appearance.

This is why I love pan sexual people, because they're the only ones who think I'm attractive besides my mum.


Polysexual doesn't make sense to me.
42489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 11/24/14

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:


justanotherguy_2005 wrote:



From my understanding it breaks down to simply pansexual = all genders/sexes while poly is just many of them but not really all of them.


How? I still don't get it.


How what? Pansexual will love or like anyone regardless of what gender they identify with. Polysexuals love or like a lot of genders that people could identify with but not really all of them. It's just numbers. There are a crazy amount of genders people can identify with. Say there are 50 of them. A pansexual can fall in love with all 50. A polysexual might only like 40 or 46 of them or 20. At least if I understand it all correctly. I could be wrong. It's a pretty complicated thing.


I have a hard time trying figure both words.

Posted 11/24/14
Just because you think he may be gay doesn't mean he is. Don't assume things.
48597 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 11/24/14
Maybe he has never had a close male friend?
14992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 11/24/14 , edited 11/24/14

MissMagicNoodles wrote:

Just because you think he may be gay doesn't mean he is. Don't assume things.


I'm not allowed to assume that he's gay? That's a new one...
20904 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/24/14
Do a background front check
Ask if he could donate blood to a blood bank
He wears tight clothes¡?
How often do he speak of girls? can you or he start that kind of conversation about chiks preference?
Others classmates point of view may be helpful ?
As him if have been discharge of Military Service? was it honorably discharge?
he Goes to church?
At any given moment he may referred to himself as she?

If it that he is gay or you have a major hint, shield yourself with
Religion
Girlfriend
Scientifics stuff
You are blood donor
A lie that you are willing to enter active duty

Some people could be that they are not that kid of people yet they manes of being risen by too many females in house tend to throw them like that. Or he could be having some attention deficit.

14992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 11/24/14 , edited 11/24/14

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:



What is the difference between polysexual and pansexual?


From my understanding it breaks down to simply pansexual = all genders/sexes while poly is just many of them but not really all of them.


Also, since it seems this thread won't be closed despite it being a personal thread I will go ahead and throw in my 2 cents.

The possibility of him being gay is completely irrelevant and I don't think you are ok with it as much as you claim because you feel the need to bring it up. Don't bother trying to put a reason as to why he is so attached to you into it because you don't know anything for sure. The reason doesn't matter if the only problem is that he is too clingy. Man up and simply tell him he isn't giving you enough space. Don't bother bringing any other crap into it and just leave it at that. If he tries to laugh it off as a joke then you take responsibility and forcefully distance yourself from him until he gets the point. It's not that difficult of a problem as to needing help from others.


It's easy to say what to do when you're not in my situation. Seems like you would easily be able to deal with it, must be nice.
I believe i clearly said i wasn't ok with it. And I don't mind gay people, but when that affection is aimed towards me, it's different.
Posted 11/24/14

Ryuouka wrote:


justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:



What is the difference between polysexual and pansexual?


From my understanding it breaks down to simply pansexual = all genders/sexes while poly is just many of them but not really all of them.


Also, since it seems this thread won't be closed despite it being a personal thread I will go ahead and throw in my 2 cents.

The possibility of him being gay is completely irrelevant and I don't think you are ok with it as much as you claim because you feel the need to bring it up. Don't bother trying to put a reason as to why he is so attached to you into it because you don't know anything for sure. The reason doesn't matter if the only problem is that he is too clingy. Man up and simply tell him he isn't giving you enough space. Don't bother bringing any other crap into it and just leave it at that. If he tries to laugh it off as a joke then you take responsibility and forcefully distance yourself from him until he gets the point. It's not that difficult of a problem as to needing help from others.


It's easy to say what to do when you're not in my situation. Seems like you would easily be able to deal with it, must be nice.
I believe i clearly said i wasn't ok with it. And I don't mind gay people, but when that affection is aimed towards me, it's different.


You don't even know if he is gay or not. You are just assuming it which, no, it isn't really ok to just assume something like that. Therefore you don't even know for sure if he is really showing you the kind of affection you think he is. You already know what you have to do to fix the situation and that is to confront him and let him know you need your space. It is easy to say and as far as I am concerned it is easy to do because you don't need to drag all that other drama into it. You seem intent on doing that so you are the one making it more difficult.
16354 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 11/24/14

Ryuouka wrote:


ReadingTheStars95 wrote:


Ryuouka wrote:


Lekayl wrote:

Make it clear that you like the ladies..If you talk strictly about girls he may leave you alone. Just stay away from conversations that may give him the wrong idea.


That's the thing, he talks about girls the most in the class, but i think that's his denial. I might be wrong though.


Are you sure he isn't bi/poly/pansexual?


He might be.


Whatever he may be a direct approach of setting a boundary line should work...People who cross that line once they are told what it is deserve the douchebaggary treatment as I call it...
1424 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / The Cosmos
Offline
Posted 11/24/14
wtheck is pansexual
10198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/24/14
I'd just ask him to back off a little, regardless of the reason he's acting that way you're not comfortable with that amount of attention. So yeah, don't say anything about him maybe being gay and let him know that you need him to back off a little. See what happens.
10198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/24/14 , edited 11/24/14

IShouldBeStudying wrote:

wtheck is pansexual



Pan means All. Basically it means that the person can be attracted to anyone regardless of genitals.
Posted 11/24/14
"How to handle a friend that might be gay." I believe it has already been said before, but your issue seems to be your need to set up personal boundaries with what you are comfortable with , rather than make homophobic excuses.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.