First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Race Relations and Issues
Banned
334 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / The Beyond.
Offline
Posted 11/25/14 , edited 11/25/14
There is going to be massive rioting all over the country because of this.

Many people in American don't trust the government anymore. American government is corrupt to the core.
1534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 11/25/14 , edited 11/25/14

GrandmasterCoolio wrote:


wingsday wrote:
TL;DR: if you want to riot and loot, do it in your own @#$%^& town please.


Or better yet don't riot at all.


that would be ideal i guess


Unrelatedly:
You'll never guess what happend durring the rioting last night! Some guy got murdered. yes. really.
http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Suspicious-death-investigation-underway-in-Ferguson---283843331.html]
36990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 11/25/14

wingsday wrote:


GrandmasterCoolio wrote:


wingsday wrote:
TL;DR: if you want to riot and loot, do it in your own @#$%^& town please.


Or better yet don't riot at all.


that would be ideal i guess


Unrelatedly:
You'll never guess what happend durring the rioting last night! Some guy got murdered. yes. [url="http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Suspicious-death-investigation-underway-in-Ferguson---283843331.html"]really.


If he was black Al Sharpton and crew will probably claim he was assassinated or some shit. If he was white, they'll all just nod their heads in satisfaction.
1408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / The Cosmos
Offline
Posted 11/25/14 , edited 11/25/14
What's sad is that people seem to have this notion that "they're all black, they must ALL be protesting Brown's death."
That simply isn't true, People fail to put into account that some people will try to benefit themselves, even in a time of tragedy. To think that every person on the streets is a supporter of Brown is simple minded to say the least. The ACTUAL protesters, the ones marching, the one's holding signs, the ones speaking out, THOSE are the supporters, those are the people that really care.

Everyone else the so-called "monkeys" and
those aren't supporters, those aren't protesters. I'll bet those people could honestly care less about Michael Brown's death. Those people are out for their own individual come up, an actual chance to put their 'fuck the po-po" mentality into action. Because of them the people that are actually suffering, actually mourning, the people out there that really care about Brown, aren't able to get their voices across because it is being drowned out by violence and ignorance. And there's people (sadly, some of you even) that think everyone out there is doing all of that stuff solely for Michael Brown's cause.

All I'm saying is have an open mind about this stuff, the media portrays events to bee seen a certain way and it's obviously working. But instead of focusing on what needs to be focused on, they're classifying every black person in Ferguson as "Brown's Protesters" and that simply is not true




TL;DR There are protesters and there are criminals, learn how to differentiate the two
1534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 11/25/14

Balzack wrote:


wingsday wrote:


GrandmasterCoolio wrote:


wingsday wrote:
TL;DR: if you want to riot and loot, do it in your own @#$%^& town please.


Or better yet don't riot at all.


that would be ideal i guess


Unrelatedly:
You'll never guess what happend durring the rioting last night! Some guy got murdered. yes. [url="http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Suspicious-death-investigation-underway-in-Ferguson---283843331.html"]really.


If he was black Al Sharpton and crew will probably claim he was assassinated or some shit. If he was white, they'll all just nod their heads in satisfaction.

I'm trying to remember from the news cast I originally saw this on (note that not only am I trying to remember this, but it is also from a breaking news report, so bring your salt) but I think that he was black and he was also shot to death.

gotta love irony....
50278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Phatuum Thani, Th...
Offline
Posted 11/25/14

Shnooze wrote:

Well, considering they're rioting over this Michael fellow's death it seems a little bit silly.

And it seems silly because the kid was caught robbing a convenience store for cigarettes shortly before the encounter with the officer and not to mention the physical assault he made on the officer. He has been speculated as being a juvenile offender with a very touchy history with the illegal possession of firearms for the most-part, which coincides with the report of him initially grabbing for the officer's handgun after he'd attacked him into his cruiser, the wounds of where the officer clearly said the gun had shot the boy's hand as he kept trying to grab at it. What an incredibly odd depiction these people make of him, saying that he is a "Gentle" person and that he has "never caused any trouble". Don't even get me started on the presence of THC in his blood.

These people are just digging an even deeper hole for themselves by acting so childishly over something they know next to nothing about.

Instead of presuming innocence, why not actually weigh the probability of some things? I'll never understand what they expect of the "Justice" system.



With the THC thing, stop.
You have obviously never met people who were high on it, that is NOT how they act.
THC makes you passive as hell and lazy, complete opposite of what he would have done.
The owners of the store came out and said Michael Brown never robber their store.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwXwEWmAqvE
Apparently he was only guilty of jay walking.
So just stop.

EVEN if he DID assault a the cop, why? There is no reason to, unarmed, at a distance.
He was shot at 10 times and hit six times, this included a double tap to the head WHICH IS FUCKING ILLEGAL EVEN IN WAR.
Did you even look at the autopsy?
But yeah, that's what a fully trained cop had to do, right?
He had no choice but to gun down the kid?
Yeah, the justice system has been non existent for ages and it's funny how people try to pretend it isn't.

I can see FOX news is something you really enjoy...
2360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / The Bay
Offline
Posted 11/25/14
I never really cared about any of this stuff, and i doubt i will, but i was watching the streams from the ground yesterday and i don't understand how everyone could be so stupid. We have people going to the police, trying to basically piss them off, then getting angry cause they're being arrested. People shouting stuff about the KKK and every single fact that they state is wrong, like seriously do some research. Then i see the abusive cops slamming people down for looking at them funny, as they let the criminals burn everything down. Then you got all these people that are thinking the best way to express displeasure is to burn down the community and destroy all the few things that they have. Its either people want to start stuff when its unnecessary, or they're just plain stupid. It really bothers me when our country is tied events like this, it just gives people more reasons to insult us.
Posted 11/25/14

Balzack wrote:

I've been in massive arguments with people on Facebook over this today...


Minus the Facebook, and it's you and me both! I've been arguing with people about this for some time now.

Anyway...

My opinion is that I do agree with the outcome of the case.

Everyone seems to forget that this THUG -yes, that is 100% what he was- STOLE from a store, then ASSAULTED an OLDER MAN with arrogance and justification as well. This Thug's family too are a bunch of badly behaved people as well - his mama was caught up in a brawl recently over some petty nonsense. They had the story up on several websites, but as usual it was taken down so a more onesided view could appear.

This thug was going to college (how he got in is BEYOND ME) but for a young man off to uni, he sure made some SHIT choices to go and steal.

And about all the looting...

I cannot stand what those filthy savages are doing. Looting, burning, breaking, stealing, hurting people's businesses and stores...People who have NOTHING TO DO with the outcome of the case? Fuck you! You are making yourselves look like SHIT in front of the entire world - majority of whom agree with the outcome of the case and do NOT agree with your brutality!

What made this case escalate was the shitty social media - sites like tumblr or facebook - things where a lot of stupid young people blindly voted for the thug even before things were cleared up so they could be "non racist" and "liberal". Foolishness!

The forensic evidence did not lie.

People just don't like it because a BLACK was killed by a WHITE. Yeah? Well what about all the black on black violence that makes people not want to have anything to do with folks like you? What about the whites killed by blacks? There are a lot of stories like this, but the media-with-the-agenda doesn't focus on them.

This is JUST LIKE the shit riots that went on in the UK some time ago. People are utterly idiotic!

In this case, the cop was right, and the boy was wrong. Deal with it!

Posted 11/25/14
uhh what a fucking joke excuse of a forum this is.. a racist cop murdering an UNARMED INNOCENT black kid who was no smaller than him btw, and getting paid for it doesn't sicken you? i've felt sick all day seeing the reality of it. And before you try to condemn rioting understand that there's a heartbreaking amount of unity and peace about what they're doing, and look into past events of when blacks have been peaceful and been murdered then too.

cowardly fucking white people.
36990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 11/25/14

SoldierSangria wrote:



I sort of assumed all along that he would be indicted, but I was also a little bit worried that there would be too much political and social pressure to also convict. With the current climate of events I firmly believe that if the case could have swung one way unfairly it would have been in favor of Michael Brown NOT Darren Wilson.

So having strong enough physical evidence to overlook all the quite spotty testimony is likely a gigantic testament to Darren Wilson's innocence.

So what upsets me at this point is that people are unwilling to let it go and trust in the courts. Instead thinking that mob rule is the way to go since they apparently "know best."

I say FUCK THAT NOISE. The day we start judging and sentencing people based on mob rule is the day I move to Canada. That is NOT my America.

Am I crazy or is my take on this quite sensible? I've literally lost a friend over saying this. And I'm not race baiting or saying he "deserved to die" or anything. I'm just saying that people need to be more reasonable in how they view this outcome. Jesus Christ people are so up their own asses these days I really can't stand it.
51261 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 11/25/14
The grand jury did this on purpose. They knew there would a handful of agitators, they knew the police would overreact and punish everyone for the actions of a few just like they did back in August, and they knew for a fact that demonstrators were more active at night. They reached their decision early in the afternoon but they purposely waited until it was dark outside to announce that the murderer was innocent without needing a trial. This entire riot was planned out by their very own justice system.

A few people start throwing rocks at police and vandalizing police cars, thousands of people get tear gassed within minutes including reporters. A woman passed out and a few people were carrying her and screaming for help. The police threw tear gas at them. The police said earlier they wouldn't have tear gas or riot gear. They brought out riot gear before the announcement and denied claims of using tear gas even when it was being broadcasted live.

What I find the most offensive about last night is that the prosecutor lied for almost an hour about why Darren Wilson wasn't indicted. If you paid attention to the tone of his voice and his body language, you'd realize he was unsure of what he was saying. He didn't honestly believe what he said. He avoided going into detail when he realized he had no reasonable explanations to support Wilson's case. He was like "so then that happened because... oh wait that would discredit this decision. I'll just change the subject." He lied about the witnesses saying that every witness who supported Michael Brown was inconsistent (which wasn't true) and that they don't matter. The only witnesses that matter are the 8 black witnesses who support Wilson that most likely don't exist. "I personally don't believe the majority of witnesses because they support Michael Brown, therefore their arguments are invalid."

Btw, Wilson's testimony for the grand jury made no sense. I read it last night and it looked like a fairy tale written by a drunk guy. If that was his real testimony,there's no way the grand jury believed him unless they were drunk as well.
9781 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 11/25/14 , edited 11/25/14
What damn near pisses me off the most is that the "protesters" even tried to use rioting as blackmail. Regardless of why or how the overgrown "kid" was killed, I consider indiscriminate looting/rioting low and war-mongering, made all the worse by most of them not even being from Ferguson. If their goal is to destroy Ferguson economically and render it a waste hole, they're doing a good job. Same goes for where ever else the rioting may occur.
39464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M
Offline
Posted 11/25/14

GrandmasterCoolio wrote:
Even if the officer's actions were justified and proven to be in self-defense I would still want him fired -- perhaps not convicted but fired none the less. The common statement is that the officer panicked and that's why the bullets are fired but if so that's the exact reason why he shouldn't be a police officer. It's a tough fucking job and if you can't handle it without going gung-ho on an unarmed teenager because he resisted arrest you shouldn't be one. For God's sake, it's not a hard nut to crack. Either the officer is guilty of murder/manslaughter and should be convicted or he's not doing his job to enforce public peace correctly and should be fired. Want proof of that? Because of this officer's actions the entire town of Ferguson went insane and began rioting. If his actions in the line of duty are going to cause dangers to the society like this, even if indirectly, then he shouldn't be allowed to pursue this line of career-work.


Actually, the officer may have been doing his job perfectly. He approached a suspect who fit the description of the reported crime and was assaulted by the suspect. The suspect attempted to take his gun. If Mr. Brown had succeeded in taking the officer's weapon he would have been a potentially deadly threat to the officer and any bystanders. It was the officer's duty to pursue Mr. Brown after the initial struggle due to the assault and the suspected robbery. When Mr. Brown seemed ready to attack the officer a second time, the right thing to do for the peace and safety of the community was to put an end to the threat in the most reliable way possible. The officer's other options, pepper spray or club, are nowhere near as reliable against a larger, determined attacker when compared to a firearm.

I don't think that we can expect a police officer to use restraint to the point that it threatens his own life or the lives of others.

As far as the rioting is concerned, you may be correct. If the officer had not defended himself, there would have been no riots. Just one more dead cop. And nobody riots over that, right?
14748 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / ON, Canada
Offline
Posted 11/25/14 , edited 11/25/14

demo_Animation wrote:


Shnooze wrote:

Well, considering they're rioting over this Michael fellow's death it seems a little bit silly.

And it seems silly because the kid was caught robbing a convenience store for cigarettes shortly before the encounter with the officer and not to mention the physical assault he made on the officer. He has been speculated as being a juvenile offender with a very touchy history with the illegal possession of firearms for the most-part, which coincides with the report of him initially grabbing for the officer's handgun after he'd attacked him into his cruiser, the wounds of where the officer clearly said the gun had shot the boy's hand as he kept trying to grab at it. What an incredibly odd depiction these people make of him, saying that he is a "Gentle" person and that he has "never caused any trouble". Don't even get me started on the presence of THC in his blood.

These people are just digging an even deeper hole for themselves by acting so childishly over something they know next to nothing about.

Instead of presuming innocence, why not actually weigh the probability of some things? I'll never understand what they expect of the "Justice" system.



With the THC thing, stop.
You have obviously never met people who were high on it, that is NOT how they act.
THC makes you passive as hell and lazy, complete opposite of what he would have done.
The owners of the store came out and said Michael Brown never robber their store.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwXwEWmAqvE
Apparently he was only guilty of jay walking.
So just stop.

EVEN if he DID assault a the cop, why? There is no reason to, unarmed, at a distance.
He was shot at 10 times and hit six times, this included a double tap to the head WHICH IS FUCKING ILLEGAL EVEN IN WAR.
Did you even look at the autopsy?
But yeah, that's what a fully trained cop had to do, right?
He had no choice but to gun down the kid?
Yeah, the justice system has been non existent for ages and it's funny how people try to pretend it isn't.

I can see FOX news is something you really enjoy...


That or I just pay attention to Autopsies, not to mention FOX news is an American thing. Oh, and insulting someone right away with "You obviously haven't ______ " doesn't really get your point across, it only makes you appear to be aggravated over/by something. Perhaps you should settle down, lose the purple text, and have a rational discussion? Who knows why he did what he did, he's gone now, and he can't really speak for himself. All we can go on is the evidence of a struggle which seems to learn towards him being the aggressor at the start.

Posted 11/25/14

Acoleth wrote:


GrandmasterCoolio wrote:
Even if the officer's actions were justified and proven to be in self-defense I would still want him fired -- perhaps not convicted but fired none the less. The common statement is that the officer panicked and that's why the bullets are fired but if so that's the exact reason why he shouldn't be a police officer. It's a tough fucking job and if you can't handle it without going gung-ho on an unarmed teenager because he resisted arrest you shouldn't be one. For God's sake, it's not a hard nut to crack. Either the officer is guilty of murder/manslaughter and should be convicted or he's not doing his job to enforce public peace correctly and should be fired. Want proof of that? Because of this officer's actions the entire town of Ferguson went insane and began rioting. If his actions in the line of duty are going to cause dangers to the society like this, even if indirectly, then he shouldn't be allowed to pursue this line of career-work.


Actually, the officer may have been doing his job perfectly. He approached a suspect who fit the description of the reported crime and was assaulted by the suspect. The suspect attempted to take his gun. If Mr. Brown had succeeded in taking the officer's weapon he would have been a potentially deadly threat to the officer and any bystanders. It was the officer's duty to pursue Mr. Brown after the initial struggle due to the assault and the suspected robbery. When Mr. Brown seemed ready to attack the officer a second time, the right thing to do for the peace and safety of the community was to put an end to the threat in the most reliable way possible. The officer's other options, pepper spray or club, are nowhere near as reliable against a larger, determined attacker when compared to a firearm.

I don't think that we can expect a police officer to use restraint to the point that it threatens his own life or the lives of others.

As far as the rioting is concerned, you may be correct. If the officer had not defended himself, there would have been no riots. Just one more dead cop. And nobody riots over that, right?


do you read a fucking thing? he had his hands up when he was killed. The pig received hardly a graze from this "dangerous" 18 year boy who didn't break a single law.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.