First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Race Relations and Issues
Posted 11/25/14
in short, racists will find any way to excuse this murder... HE STOLE SOMETHING, HE WAS OVER 6 FOOT... .. wow, get a conscience!
35017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 11/25/14

Raimu4 wrote:

More like, black kid assault cops and monkeys burn and loot everything they can.
#PantsUpDontLoot

inb4 he wuz a good boy he didn do nuffin!


Yes, surely the most constructive way to assert one's position on the moral high ground on matters of race, and further to express solidarity with a police officer who was ultimately vindicated of accusations that he'd engaged in excessive, potentially racially motivated violence is to fling racial epithets and stereotypes about.

I'm sure the pro-police side of this discussion appreciates your "help" very, very much.
17761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 11/25/14
i love the 9 white 3 black jury. sure, thats a trial by peers, assuming you white.
Posted 11/25/14
Posted 11/25/14

noka_ wrote:

uhh what a fucking joke excuse of a forum this is.. a racist cop murdering an UNARMED INNOCENT black kid who was no smaller than him btw, and getting paid for it doesn't sicken you? i've felt sick all day seeing the reality of it. And before you try to condemn rioting understand that there's a heartbreaking amount of unity and peace about what they're doing, and look into past events of when blacks have been peaceful and been murdered then too.

cowardly fucking white people.


Unarmed innocent?

Unarmed he may be, innocent he was most certainly not. This boy

1) robbed a store for a pack of smokes

2) assaulted a much older man

3) acted like he owned the store and that he had every right to do what he did while the older man was wrong to call him out

4) threatened the older man as well

From his actions here, and the sheer arrogance he showed in the recording with the refusal to back down - I'm pretty sure he didn't back down from the cop when asked to. We saw that he threatened the older man with callus, imbecilic arrogance. The cop said that the boy did the same thing to him and did not listen. From his actions just a few minutes prior, I'm inclined to agree with the cop.

Innocent kids off to college do not act like this young man. He was not innocent.

And had he lived, he would have been just another cog in the machine that is the ghetto. Sooner than later he would have gone to jail regardless. Look at his actions. Look at the behavior of his family. Look at the way he carried himself. Look at how he spoke. Look at how he acted. He was sentenced from the start. He sentenced himself.

Don't believe that only whites are against this fella. Wrong. There are whites, some blacks even (especially in other countries), Asians, Indians...etc. etc. who agree with the cop.

The boy was a thug.

Black on black violence is the number one thing which kills blacks in this country, yet people like to pretend it isn't so. All those people protesting should instead protest the violence of the inner city where blacks are shot dead by their own kind every day. Every. Single. Day.

What blacks need to do more than ever, is strive just like other immigrants who came to this country.

They need to stop the victim mentality and work hard. Study hard, attain proper mannerisms, no slang, no "ghetto qualities". Go to college without a stereotypical football/sports scholarship, get good jobs, become productive members of society.

They are not the only ones who have had racism in this country. Asians, Indians have too. Now they're the highest earners in this country.

If blacks improved themselves sometime in the future all these negative images would fade more and more, and people would not be so apprehensive about them.

They need to build themselves up instead of putting others down.
3349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Ente Isla
Offline
Posted 11/25/14 , edited 11/25/14

Acoleth wrote:


GrandmasterCoolio wrote:
Even if the officer's actions were justified and proven to be in self-defense I would still want him fired -- perhaps not convicted but fired none the less. The common statement is that the officer panicked and that's why the bullets are fired but if so that's the exact reason why he shouldn't be a police officer. It's a tough fucking job and if you can't handle it without going gung-ho on an unarmed teenager because he resisted arrest you shouldn't be one. For God's sake, it's not a hard nut to crack. Either the officer is guilty of murder/manslaughter and should be convicted or he's not doing his job to enforce public peace correctly and should be fired. Want proof of that? Because of this officer's actions the entire town of Ferguson went insane and began rioting. If his actions in the line of duty are going to cause dangers to the society like this, even if indirectly, then he shouldn't be allowed to pursue this line of career-work.


Actually, the officer may have been doing his job perfectly. He approached a suspect who fit the description of the reported crime and was assaulted by the suspect. The suspect attempted to take his gun. If Mr. Brown had succeeded in taking the officer's weapon he would have been a potentially deadly threat to the officer and any bystanders. It was the officer's duty to pursue Mr. Brown after the initial struggle due to the assault and the suspected robbery. When Mr. Brown seemed ready to attack the officer a second time, the right thing to do for the peace and safety of the community was to put an end to the threat in the most reliable way possible. The officer's other options, pepper spray or club, are nowhere near as reliable against a larger, determined attacker when compared to a firearm.

I don't think that we can expect a police officer to use restraint to the point that it threatens his own life or the lives of others.

As far as the rioting is concerned, you may be correct. If the officer had not defended himself, there would have been no riots. Just one more dead cop. And nobody riots over that, right?


Using force is different from continuously firing bullets past the point where Michael Brown would have been dead. He panicked and thus he failed his duty. Furthermore, what evidence do you have that Michael Brown attempted to take his gun? Again, that's just speculation and what the police say happened -- contrary to witness testimonies. Even if he had done so that still doesn't warrant shooting him that many times. He had gone past the point where the suspect was dealt with and was clearly either aiming to kill or panicking on the job. And no, he didn't attempt to use restraint as far as we know. Under the police's story he immediately dealt with the situation by opening fire on the unarmed civilian.

It's an officer's duty to risk his life in the line of duty. It's a shame but that's a part of the job description. If you aren't willing to do that then don't become a police officer. And, again, from what we see in the video I just linked the witnesses were reacting in a way that implied that Michael was not violent at ALL. As far as I'm concerned that's far more evidence than the word of the officer who shot him.

It's not undeniable fact that Michael Brown assaulted him. Stop trying to make it out to be such and instead provide an explanation as to why you BELIEVE he was assaulted instead of just stating that he was when it isn't 100% proven in the slightest.
51203 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 11/25/14

Acoleth wrote:


GrandmasterCoolio wrote:
Even if the officer's actions were justified and proven to be in self-defense I would still want him fired -- perhaps not convicted but fired none the less. The common statement is that the officer panicked and that's why the bullets are fired but if so that's the exact reason why he shouldn't be a police officer. It's a tough fucking job and if you can't handle it without going gung-ho on an unarmed teenager because he resisted arrest you shouldn't be one. For God's sake, it's not a hard nut to crack. Either the officer is guilty of murder/manslaughter and should be convicted or he's not doing his job to enforce public peace correctly and should be fired. Want proof of that? Because of this officer's actions the entire town of Ferguson went insane and began rioting. If his actions in the line of duty are going to cause dangers to the society like this, even if indirectly, then he shouldn't be allowed to pursue this line of career-work.


Actually, the officer may have been doing his job perfectly. He approached a suspect who fit the description of the reported crime and was assaulted by the suspect. The suspect attempted to take his gun. If Mr. Brown had succeeded in taking the officer's weapon he would have been a potentially deadly threat to the officer and any bystanders. It was the officer's duty to pursue Mr. Brown after the initial struggle due to the assault and the suspected robbery. When Mr. Brown seemed ready to attack the officer a second time, the right thing to do for the peace and safety of the community was to put an end to the threat in the most reliable way possible. The officer's other options, pepper spray or club, are nowhere near as reliable against a larger, determined attacker when compared to a firearm.

I don't think that we can expect a police officer to use restraint to the point that it threatens his own life or the lives of others.

As far as the rioting is concerned, you may be correct. If the officer had not defended himself, there would have been no riots. Just one more dead cop. And nobody riots over that, right?


That's not what happened at all. Wilson approached Michael Brown for jaywalking and had no idea a crime took place or that Brown was a suspect. The police chief admitted this a long time ago before their story started changing and getting inconsistent. The physical evidence shows that Brown was the one being assaulted at the car. That's why it's his blood that was found everywhere and why Wilson barely had a scratch on him. Wilson basically saw a young black guy jaywalking and decided he should be excuted on the spot. This murderer and his boss have been using the evidence and twisting it to make it sound like he acted in self defense and sadly, a lot of people fell for that trick. The overwhelming witness testimony says Brown was surrendering or that he was falling, probably both. There are no witnesses that support Wilson's side except for 8 imaginary black witnesses and a friend of Wilson who wasn't even there.
Posted 11/25/14

SoldierSangria wrote:


noka_ wrote:

uhh what a fucking joke excuse of a forum this is.. a racist cop murdering an UNARMED INNOCENT black kid who was no smaller than him btw, and getting paid for it doesn't sicken you? i've felt sick all day seeing the reality of it. And before you try to condemn rioting understand that there's a heartbreaking amount of unity and peace about what they're doing, and look into past events of when blacks have been peaceful and been murdered then too.

cowardly fucking white people.


Unarmed innocent?

Unarmed he may be, innocent he was most certainly not. This boy

1) robbed a store for a pack of smokes

2) assaulted a much older man

3) acted like he owned the store and that he had every right to do what he did while the older man was wrong to call him out

4) threatened the older man as well

From his actions here, and the sheer arrogance he showed in the recording with the refusal to back down - I'm pretty sure he didn't back down from the cop when asked to. We saw that he threatened the older man with callus, imbecilic arrogance. The cop said that the boy did the same thing to him and did not listen. From his actions just a few minutes prior, I'm inclined to agree with the cop.

Innocent kids off to college do not act like this young man. He was not innocent.

And had he lived, he would have been just another cog in the machine that is the ghetto. Sooner than later he would have gone to jail regardless. Look at his actions. Look at the behavior of his family. Look at the way he carried himself. Look at how he spoke. Look at how he acted. He was sentenced from the start. He sentenced himself.

Don't believe that only whites are against this fella. Wrong. There are whites, some blacks even (especially in other countries), Asians, Indians...etc. etc. who agree with the cop.

The boy was a thug.

Black on black violence is the number one thing which kills blacks in this country, yet people like to pretend it isn't so. All those people protesting should instead protest the violence of the inner city where blacks are shot dead by their own kind every day. Every. Single. Day.

What blacks need to do more than ever, is strive just like other immigrants who came to this country.

They need to stop the victim mentality and work hard. Study hard, attain proper mannerisms, no slang, no "ghetto qualities". Go to college without a stereotypical football/sports scholarship, get good jobs, become productive members of society.

They are not the only ones who have had racism in this country. Asians, Indians have too. Now they're the highest earners in this country.

If blacks improved themselves sometime in the future all these negative images would fade more and more, and people would not be so apprehensive about them.

They need to build themselves up instead of putting others down.


every part of this is so humilating that we're both probably white i want to rip my skin off.
39464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M
Offline
Posted 11/25/14

noka_ wrote:
do you read a fucking thing? he had his hands up when he was killed. The pig received hardly a graze from this "dangerous" 18 year boy who didn't break a single law.


So, are you claiming to be an eyewitness...or did you read and believe certain accounts and disregard all other accounts that disagreed with you original assumptions?

What I did was read as many accounts as I could (I have too much time on my hands), and then I thought about which accounts seemed most credible and were supported by the physical evidence that's been released. Then I thought about the officer's culpability based on the most credible accounts.

But if you were there, then I'll take your word for it.
Posted 11/25/14
We need a few good riots anyway, w.e the reason.
51203 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 11/25/14

SoldierSangria wrote:


noka_ wrote:

uhh what a fucking joke excuse of a forum this is.. a racist cop murdering an UNARMED INNOCENT black kid who was no smaller than him btw, and getting paid for it doesn't sicken you? i've felt sick all day seeing the reality of it. And before you try to condemn rioting understand that there's a heartbreaking amount of unity and peace about what they're doing, and look into past events of when blacks have been peaceful and been murdered then too.

cowardly fucking white people.


Unarmed innocent?

Unarmed he may be, innocent he was most certainly not. This boy

1) robbed a store for a pack of smokes

2) assaulted a much older man

3) acted like he owned the store and that he had every right to do what he did while the older man was wrong to call him out

4) threatened the older man as well

From his actions here, and the sheer arrogance he showed in the recording with the refusal to back down - I'm pretty sure he didn't back down from the cop when asked to. We saw that he threatened the older man with callus, imbecilic arrogance. The cop said that the boy did the same thing to him and did not listen. From his actions just a few minutes prior, I'm inclined to agree with the cop.

Innocent kids off to college do not act like this young man. He was not innocent.

And had he lived, he would have been just another cog in the machine that is the ghetto. Sooner than later he would have gone to jail regardless. Look at his actions. Look at the behavior of his family. Look at the way he carried himself. Look at how he spoke. Look at how he acted. He was sentenced from the start. He sentenced himself.

Don't believe that only whites are against this fella. Wrong. There are whites, some blacks even (especially in other countries), Asians, Indians...etc. etc. who agree with the cop.

The boy was a thug.

Black on black violence is the number one thing which kills blacks in this country, yet people like to pretend it isn't so. All those people protesting should instead protest the violence of the inner city where blacks are shot dead by their own kind every day. Every. Single. Day.

What blacks need to do more than ever, is strive just like other immigrants who came to this country.

They need to stop the victim mentality and work hard. Study hard, attain proper mannerisms, no slang, no "ghetto qualities". Go to college without a stereotypical football/sports scholarship, get good jobs, become productive members of society.

They are not the only ones who have had racism in this country. Asians, Indians have too. Now they're the highest earners in this country.

If blacks improved themselves sometime in the future all these negative images would fade more and more, and people would not be so apprehensive about them.

They need to build themselves up instead of putting others down.


When a black person kills a black person, they go to jail. When a white officer kills a black person, they get a paid vacation. Clearly this system is perfect, right?
1400 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/25/14 , edited 11/25/14

Balzack wrote:

I feel like, as a white male I would expect to be shot as well if I heavily assaulted a police officer. And I'm only 6'3 190 lbs. Practically a waif compared to Michael Brown. I don't know why this is a race issue. There's a reason I'm compliant and polite when I've dealt with police in the past- they are armed.


I'm sorry to say this, but that's exactly the kinds of things that anger people. You're white and male.
Facts prove that the police stop people of color at a rate much higher than whites; and that's just due to suspicion.
Black people are three times more likely to be stopped than whites.
And in such cases, 85% of people of color are frisked as opposed to only a mere 8% of whites.

And you say "heavily assaulted," I'd like to add that Michael Brown was unarmed as where the police were. Any kind of take down in such cases shouldn't have resulted in what happened. Now I'm not approving of the fact that he attacked a police officer, because that is a crime as well and he should've been brought in for that, but killing an unarmed 18 year old boy doesn't seem to be what should've resulted in this case.
I'm not saying he wasn't guilty because yeah, he surely is for assaulting an officer and robbing a store if that is what he did, but I'm saying he didn't deserve to die.

You can say these people are overreacting and this shouldn't be a racial problem, but it's not just this one case. It's years of it. Years of seeing discrimination on your streets, in your homes, at school, at work, and all around you. The Michael Brown case was a sort of gasoline to the spark of fire that was already growing.

Of course, there are multiple accounts and many sides to the story that the public will never know, but the facts are that as a white man, you are less likely to ever run in with the law not because of who you are, but because of the color of your skin.
5654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 11/25/14 , edited 11/25/14
Because justice...
50278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Phatuum Thani, Th...
Offline
Posted 11/25/14 , edited 11/25/14
Even police calling out Darren's BS.
51203 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 11/25/14

endallchaos wrote:

Because justice...


Don't put the protesters and the looters in the same category. The looters weren't there for justice. Some of the protesters and local residents were trying to stop these looters.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.