First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
How often are you mistaken for someone else?
Posted 11/25/14 , edited 11/25/14


I don't know.
I just felt like doing something I'd get in trouble for so I met half way and emptied by buddies list.
I don't even want to restock it.

I kind of agree with green and silver.
everyone is unique, not just with twins having different finger prints but in the most controlled way, two mentally similar people will still be different because they can never occupy the exact same place so their views and experiences will always be at least slightly different.

and people will still classify them by star sign, blood type, fashion etc
10128 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / San Diego, CA
Offline
Posted 11/25/14
I don't ever get mistaken for someone else.
Posted 11/25/14

Sir_jamesalot wrote:



I don't know.
I just felt like doing something I'd get in trouble for so I met half way and emptied by buddies list.
I don't even want to restock it.

I kind of agree with green and silver.
everyone is unique, not just with twins having different finger prints but in the most controlled way, two mentally similar people will still be different because they can never occupy the exact same place so their views and experiences will always be at least slightly different.

and people will still classify them by star sign, blood type, fashion etc


So don't. How thick are you? They don't matter.

Also, uniqueness in experience is a fact, but overall it does not matter unless the experiences themselves are unique in nature.
4662 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / The Shire, England
Offline
Posted 11/25/14
People always mistake me for my brother, sometimes they're joking but sometimes serious. My french teacher almost everyday calls me my older brother who is way taller than me.
924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Pretoria, South A...
Offline
Posted 11/25/14
sometimes, I'm mistaken for my cousin.. o.o but ironically he's never been mistaken for me.. Oh Well.
Posted 11/26/14

SeaweedPrincess wrote:


So don't. How thick are you? They don't matter.

Also, uniqueness in experience is a fact, but overall it does not matter unless the experiences themselves are unique in nature.


I will be the one to decide how much I need an audience.
And I think XP is unique in nature because perspective always influences how much information is taken from them and how much is seen is influenced by XP in turn. Of course the use of stereotypes implies not using either.
233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / cali
Offline
Posted 11/26/14
People always mistake me for a girl in my school??? I look nothing like her though, we just have the same hair.
Posted 11/26/14

Sarah_Blight wrote:

Note: This is not a thread about bullying, but the consequences of it and the trend it sets.

Does this ever happen to you? I find this really annoying, and in my experiences its usually only online, without video or headsets, and its becaue someone shares similar interests or behaves in a similar fashion, tendencies, flaws, nuances, etc.. But people like their checklists and putting people in boxes, and I'll agree some people are seemingly made with cookie-cutters, but how commonplace is this "narrowing of the eyes Batman" paranoia , and should people have to pay for the sins of other people? Ever wonder, who stole my identity, WTF is going on , and why are people so insecure, ignorant and paranoid when they know that is just what whoever victimised them wants? Its a vicious cycle of creeps victimising victims victimising victims victimising victims. It makes you think about how not we should handle creeps by becoming creeps ourselves. Anyway, what do you think? Please do not be mean or silly, this is a serious poll.


You've become a victimizing paranoid creep then, haven't you? Don't start a thread like this, leave me a large message accusing me of being someone I'm not, threaten to report me, and then block me before I get to reply to all the drivel you left me with. You little hypocrite. How embarrassing can you get? LOL
Posted 11/26/14

Sir_jamesalot wrote:


SeaweedPrincess wrote:


So don't. How thick are you? They don't matter.

Also, uniqueness in experience is a fact, but overall it does not matter unless the experiences themselves are unique in nature.


I will be the one to decide how much I need an audience.
And I think XP is unique in nature because perspective always influences how much information is taken from them and how much is seen is influenced by XP in turn. Of course the use of stereotypes implies not using either.


An audience isn't much of an audience if they can't appreciate.

Lol you have a good point there. Some people witness the death of their parents and turn into Batman, while others bury the tragedy as far back as possible in order to live a normal life. I just can't find it in me to blame others for being skeptical or jaded, though. You meet large groups of people that are carbon copies of each other, and it makes you turn into the presumptuous judgmental prick you are today.
Posted 11/26/14

Sarah_Blight wrote:


SeaweedPrincess wrote:


Sarah_Blight wrote:

Note: This is not a thread about bullying, but the consequences of it and the trend it sets.

Does this ever happen to you? I find this really annoying, and in my experiences its usually only online, without video or headsets, and its becaue someone shares similar interests or behaves in a similar fashion, tendencies, flaws, nuances, etc.. But people like their checklists and putting people in boxes, and I'll agree some people are seemingly made with cookie-cutters, but how commonplace is this "narrowing of the eyes Batman" paranoia , and should people have to pay for the sins of other people? Ever wonder, who stole my identity, WTF is going on , and why are people so insecure, ignorant and paranoid when they know that is just what whoever victimised them wants? Its a vicious cycle of creeps victimising victims victimising victims victimising victims. It makes you think about how not we should handle creeps by becoming creeps ourselves. Anyway, what do you think? Please do not be mean or silly, this is a serious poll.


You've become a victimizing paranoid creep then, haven't you? Don't start a thread like this, leave me a large message accusing me of being someone I'm not, threaten to report me, and then block me before I get to reply to all the drivel you left me with. You little hypocrite. How embarrassing can you get? LOL


Not as embarrassing as you can get, LOL.


Hey, feel free to whine to the mods. They can help you get your head out of your ass. Just because I disagree with your views on a forum does not make me one of your hate parade groupies. My god.
Posted 11/26/14
No fighting,
hugs all around.

by the time you've read this it's too late to escape and no matter how long you spend crying in the corner of a cold shower, it will never wash off because this is the internet and this post stays here forever.
Posted 11/26/14
Careful there James. OP might start using her wild deductive skills and figure you're her schizo ex from another dimension, based on evidence from all of two, polite, standard forum posts. Y'all better watch out.
26821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Chicago, IL
Offline
Posted 11/26/14
It's nice for me to have my own doppelganger. At least like Dark Pit from Kid Icarus Uprising.
Posted 11/26/14 , edited 11/26/14
When I was a sophomore in high school, there was a girl who used to get mistaken for me all the time. Our last names both started with M and we were in the same class so we sat close to each other. She used to get upset about receiving letters addressed to me or being called my last name by other people. Lol.. I don't really think we looked alike though so I'm never sure where the confusion came from. I actually assumed they knew her more than they knew me since I was a transfer student at the time. *shrug* It was a very odd thing.
Posted 11/26/14

SeaweedPrincess wrote:

Careful there James. OP might start using her wild deductive skills and figure you're her schizo ex from another dimension, based on evidence from all of two, polite, standard forum posts. Y'all better watch out.


I like you but I also like OP so stop picking on her and have tea with me.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.