First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
White People for Michael Brown in Canada...Or Not?
68845 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / St. Louis, Misery
Offline
Posted 11/28/14 , edited 11/28/14

PhantomGundam wrote:


Dubnoman wrote:

I read they did a poor job in this case (as in, stacked it against Brown). For one, they didn't present all the evidence until after a verdict. I read that they presented some evidence, withheld some, jurors made a verdict, and then they presented the rest of the evidence afterwards (and they got to choose what to withhold).

I also read that the lawyers were very selective with their witnesses, and chose witnesses in such a way that it would surely cause doubt amongst jurors (on whether or not to indict Wilson).

Also, you don't need all jurors to agree for this verdict. Just 3 out of 4.


Now it makes sense. The majority of evidence and witnesses indicate Wilson attacked Brown so I just assumed the jurors pretended to ignore all of it. If it's true that they didn't know about much of the evidence and were only presented certain witnesses, than that makes the prosecutor (who is VERY friendly with the Ferguson police department) an even worse person than I thought. After all, he's the one who was in charge of giving the grand jury everything. On Monday's press conference when he was announcing the verdict, he said the reason he ignored the rules and gave the grand jury all the evidence was because he wanted to be transparent with the public. This is the same person who said later in that same press conference that he didn't want to tell the public everything because it's against the rules... Throughout that entire press conference, he lied about pretty much everything. He made no effort to hide it. You can tell from the tone of his voice and his body language that he didn't really believe what he was saying and he was struggling to look calm in front of the cameras. He avoided questions that had to do with evidence and changed the subject. "Oh, the sky is blue because... because... hey, that's a cute puppy." He completely discredited every single witnesses that said Wilson attacked Brown and said only the few who said Brown attacked Wilson were credible. His made up excuse? The majority of witnesses were inconsistent while the few who supported Wilson were consistent, despite not matching up with the evidence or the majority of witnesses. He didn't even explain what he meant. All he said was "pro-Brown witnesses are wrong. Pro-Wilson witnesses are right."

Btw, isn't it convenient how they only needed 3/4 of the jurors to agree on a decision and 3/4 of the grand jurors were white?


onibrotonel wrote:

Would these reactions happen when an asian guy get shot and killed?




Only if the guy who killed him is a cop and gets off the hook.


I think he misread it... They said they withheld some evidence to the public after the verdict. The Grand Jury of course saw every bit of evidence. The "witnesses" that say he was shot in the back execution style were proven to be lies by the forensic evidence. MB suffered 6 FRONTAL shots. Once you are caught lying as a witness, you are no longer credible in anything you say, especially in a court of law.
75430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 11/28/14
I don't see why the Jury didn't vote to indite. They weren't there to determine guilt or innocence they were there to see if there was enough evidence to be worth a trial.

But that's beside the case. The OP wasn't talking about Micheal Brown per se, but about a vigil in Canada whose organizers sent a mixed message by including race based instructions for a protest against racism.
Posted 11/28/14
Some people are boycotting Black Friday, and I don't get it. Is corporate America somehow responsible for the actions of the police?
Posted 11/28/14 , edited 11/28/14

dragontackle wrote:
If my family member was dumb enough to think it was okay to assault a cop and think he wasnt going to catch a body, then I wouldnt give a crap


Wait a moment, do you actually believe what the media and Wilson say...that Brown attacked him? what happened in Ferguson is not a joke like you said, and I better quote someone else who kindly responded to someone like you because I don't think I could control myself here anymore...so much ignorance it hurts...




TIME TO GET EDUCATED AND I AM NOT FOOLING AROUND.

First of all, Michael was not much bigger than Darren. Both of them were the same height, with Michael being perhaps eighty pounds heavier . Now, I understand that is a significant weight difference. However, Michael Brown was walking down the street, he was unarmed, and he was killed 148 ft away from Darren’s SUV. . And also, did you see Darren’s " injuries? " He literally had shaving cut on his chin and claimed that he had been charged at by Michael, and that they had gotten in a “large fight.” I literally have received worse injuries falling down the stairs than what Darren had. Darren has a history of harassing other people and racial profiling (x , x , x , x .) The police in Ferguson are extremely racist and involved with the KKK. // Darren Wilson might be involved with the KKK . What do I expect a police officer to do? I expect him to act lawfully and file a police report. Oh, but wait, he went against protocol and did not. In addition, it would be nearly impossible to grab Darren’s gun out of the holster. . Also, oh my god!! He robbed the store! here is a video of Michael paying for his cigars/cigarettes. In addition, the store owner said no one called the police and nothing was stolen. Intoxicated on marijuana? That means Michael could not have even been able to react quickly to be violent.Marijuana causes dizziness, shallow breathing, and slowed reaction time. // Darren Wilson literally arrested a man just for being filmed. // The autopsy found that Darren shot Michael in his arm while Michael had his arms up, then continued to shoot him as he fell to the floor. In addition, Michael was far away from harming Darren .// Ferguson protestors have been peacefully protesting, however cops opened fire on them with rubber bullets. This is actually against the first amendment, which allows freedom of speech and the right to assemble. Just in case you are unaware,rubber bullets can easily be lethal and/or cause serious injury. Really, all the eyewitnesses have sided with Darren? Not from all of this evidence (x , x .) No. People of color are killed by officers and face much more discrimination. In fact, they face seven times more discrimination by police officers than whites // NYPD profiling and targeting LGBTQ people of color. // Black students are given much worse punishments in school and in the criminal justice system. // Albany Police: SWAT uses a poor black neighborhood to train in because it is “realistic.” // A black man holding a wallet is more likely to be shot than a white man holding a gun. Really? Blacks kill blacks? Every twenty-eight hours an African American is extrajudicially executed in the US, almost one African American killed everyday by law enforcement, security guards, and/or vigilantes.

Please read up on all of these articles for better education and for anything I missed. (x , x , x , x .)

I have been doing my research and keeping up with everything that has been happening. Racism is alive and we cannot keep pretending it is not a problem little one. I hope these articles help you out with the misinformation you have been given.

Also, we can't ignore what's happening...do you know how wrong that sounds? do you know what is happening? innocent people are getting killed. a murderer is walking free and gaining popularity. people are literally walking down the street, little kids are carrying toy guns, and getting shot by police just because of their skin color.
i will not sit here and do nothing and pretend it is not happening. this should not be causing “drama.” this is literally about fighting for human rights and equality and fighting against racism. i do not understand why you would think this is causing drama little one. people in ferguson are protesting because they are constantly facing discrimination in their lives, and they are tired of it. they are tired of being stepped on and being killed for no reason. you and i have the privilege of turning off the tv, turning off our computers, and shoving our heads in the sand. these people do not. their existence is literally relying on this.
kids younger than me that should be enjoying time with their families, laughing, just be kids, are literally having to go to protests and hold up signs saying their lives matter, just because of their skin color. don’t you think that is really messed up? as a white person i cannot do much to help, but i do know that just sitting here pretending it is not happening for fear of “drama” is a horribly wrong thing to do. i want people to know that this is very important. please educate yourself little one. doing nothing and saying nothing changes nothing.




I agree with her of course....RACISM IS ALIVE and it exists everywhere but the people has to start to change somewhere, this is what the protests are all about...I wish white people would stop taking all this against them(the ones who say they also face discrimination or that not all white people are evil) this is not about YOU or ME but about the ones SUFFERING. I'm white and the woman above is white and we hate what it is happening, we want justice and not the corrupt, racist and outdated justice...please educate yourselves before believing what the media says.



I agree my good sir. Handful of deaths by white cops; 1000's from black on black crime... which is the issue that needs to be fixed? Now I'm not saying White cops don't harass black people... but its not like every day they are just shooting them all willy-nilly like... I live 20 mins from Ferguson.... when this story first broke (in August) I was heartbroken when I saw the looters on TV rampaging through their own community, WITH THEIR CHILDREN IN TOW! The picture that stuck in my mind was these 2 little boys (ages 10-14) smiling like they are having the time of their lives just stealing and burning shit with what I assume were their parents/legal guardians. Way to show your kids the righteous path.


Sooo... just because blacks kill blacks nothing should be done against the police who kills for no reason and gets away with it? just because a few black people with bad intentions took this opportunity to steal you have to put every black person in a box? Don't let a few bad apples spoil the bunch.
29840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 11/28/14

AzazelOfNexium wrote:

I live in a Country with 92% majority being black and only 3 of the remaining percent being white. There are 2 white cops on my island. 2 out of the 600 or so. I have gotten pulled over and searched for cocaine (Because im white and apparently only white people do coke. I have been nearly arrested twice on false charges but they left after a friend of mine on the police force told them to stop fucking around to meet their quotas.

Trust me, I fucking know what it feels like to be the person discriminated against.

People seem to think North America is the entirety of the world and don't realize shit isn't the same every where else; I'm simply getting sick and fucking tired of this white hate and this pathetic generalization of whites being the only racists people. Everyone race has racists. Except the people being discriminated against are the ones who are not in control of the government.

It seems that when a black person kills a white kid, no one bats an eye, but if its the other way around, theirs riots in the streets where people are vandalizing innocent peoples businesses.

I dont discriminate against others, and im not racist, but it seems like, if i dont agree with people in thinking all white people are bad, then i'm a racist.


preach
20192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Heroes Associ...
Offline
Posted 11/28/14
Posted 11/28/14 , edited 11/28/14


I don't know what you want to gain by posting that...Hispanics, whites, blacks and people of all color have been killed by the police. Shouldn't those examples you gave be used against the police instead of being used against their skin color?

The one about Taylor...


On the footage Taylor can be heard saying “Nah, fool.”

Taylor quickly raised his left hand from inside his waistband, lifted his shirt level with his armpit and quickly brought out his right hand.

At that time Officer Cruz shot Taylor twice.

Police were originally called to the convenience store in South Salt Lake to check reports of a person with a gun.

Officials said Taylor’s blood alcohol level was .18 percent when he was shot, well above the .08 legal limit.


There is no excuse for killing, of course not, but from the article it is clear that this boy was suicidal AND he made it all look like he had a gun...you also have to take into consideration that important fact. The first one the boy was on drugs, still not a reason for killing but I don't see how the racist card fits in there. With Brown racism fits perfectly and you should inform yourself better about what happened before judging.

I agree that sadly nothing was done with those cases but that was then and this is now. "Do not tell the oppressed how to react to their oppression" just because nothing was done with those incidents you posted above, it doesn't mean that nothing should be done with what's happening now.



20192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Heroes Associ...
Offline
Posted 11/28/14


Thats the exact reason im posting them; ".Hispanics, whites, blacks and people of all color have been killed by the police. Shouldn't those examples you gave be used against the police instead of being used against their skin color? "

I posted it because everyone tries to turn it into a race thing when it involves anyone that isn't white. But if its a white person who is the victim, no one bats an eye. I just find it hypocritical that society only cares when it involves a black person.

I have stated in my previous posts (if you read them) its not a race problem, its a problem with the government and law enforcement agencies, but everyone tries to turn it into a race problem. I posted those to show that it happens to white people to. Its not about a "white" cop getting off. Its about a COP getting off. Black cops get off the hook too.

Cops need to be protected from false accusations and are not thrown in jail until a full and thorough investigation has been done.

Posted 11/28/14 , edited 11/28/14

AzazelOfNexium wrote:

Thats the exact reason im posting them; ".Hispanics, whites, blacks and people of all color have been killed by the police. Shouldn't those examples you gave be used against the police instead of being used against their skin color? "

I posted it because everyone tries to turn it into a race thing when it involves anyone that isn't white. But if its a white person who is the victim, no one bats an eye. I just find it hypocritical that society only cares when it involves a black person.

I have stated in my previous posts (if you read them) its not a race problem, its a problem with the government and law enforcement agencies, but everyone tries to turn it into a race problem. I posted those to show that it happens to white people to. Its not about a "white" cop getting off. Its about a COP getting off. Black cops get off the hook too.

Cops need to be protected from false accusations and are not thrown in jail until a full and thorough investigation has been done.



Which is why the jury didn't indict Darren Wilson? because he was not guilty? wrong. Please see this and tell me the jury made the right decision: http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/watch/shocking-mistake-in-darren-wilson-grand-jury-364273731666

Did you read the first post I made? I read yours and while I agree with you about the government and law enforcement agencies, I do not agree with you about this not being a race problem. From my first post, I linked to some of those problems.

Thanks to all evidence against Darren Wilson and the people who didn't remain quiet, the FBI are conducting an investigation of the grand jury that didn't indict Wilson.

Not a race problem?
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/anonymous-ferguson-killer-cop-darren-wilson-linked-kkk-ghoul-squad-1475953
68845 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / St. Louis, Misery
Offline
Posted 11/28/14 , edited 11/28/14


I agree my good sir. Handful of deaths by white cops; 1000's from black on black crime... which is the issue that needs to be fixed? Now I'm not saying White cops don't harass black people... but its not like every day they are just shooting them all willy-nilly like... I live 20 mins from Ferguson.... when this story first broke (in August) I was heartbroken when I saw the looters on TV rampaging through their own community, WITH THEIR CHILDREN IN TOW! The picture that stuck in my mind was these 2 little boys (ages 10-14) smiling like they are having the time of their lives just stealing and burning shit with what I assume were their parents/legal guardians. Way to show your kids the righteous path.



Sooo... just because blacks kill blacks nothing should be done against the police who kills for no reason and gets away with it? just because a few black people with bad intentions took this opportunity to steal you have to put every black person in a box? Don't let a few bad apples spoil the bunch.


I'm not throwing "all black people" in a box. You cannot deny that most untimely black deaths are caused by other black people.

You misunderstand me. I'm not saying that it shouldn't be fixed as well... just which one would have a more lasting impact on the community. No one really knows what really happened besides Darren Wilson and maybe one witness that was at the scene (Michael Browns friend). But his friend stated he was shot in the back with his hands up, which the forensic evidence shown was not the case. Once you lie about one piece of evidence as a witness, you are no longer credible... meaning no one should believe what you say at all since you have proven yourself to be a liar.

After the forensic evidence showed he was shot in the front, all those witnesses refuted their statements and changed there mind about what happened.

The media and society are the real criminals here... So many people jumped up and claimed to be "witnesses" for there 15 seconds of "Fame", that the real story of what happened was lost forever. This led to Darren Wilson, which his statements all had evidence to back him up, being the only credible witness of what happened which led to him not being indicted.
51114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 11/28/14
Looks like people in this thread are still comparing apples to oranges. Black guy kills black guy. Killer goes to jail. System works. White cop kills defenseless black teen. Killer walks away without trial. System fails. You can't compare the two. They're two completely different situations. In one case, we have a system that works. In another case, we have a system that's corrupt.

To all the people who believe Michael Brown assaulted Darren Wilson and say he deserved to die after that:

Why are you listening to the murderer instead of the majority of witnesses? Wilson's entire story contradicts itself. What makes him alone more credible than the majority of witnesses? Some of the witnesses say they saw Brown shot from behind. Even if that wasn't the case, Wilson still shot Brown while he was running. Brown then turned. It looked as though he was shot. Why are the witnesses no longer credible after one small and simple mistake when almost everything else they say lines up with the evidence? Why are they not credible but the murderer who constantly lies is credible? Can someone please explain this lack of logic?
75430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 11/28/14
Thread, lost.
Posted 11/28/14

cronozj wrote:



I agree my good sir. Handful of deaths by white cops; 1000's from black on black crime... which is the issue that needs to be fixed? Now I'm not saying White cops don't harass black people... but its not like every day they are just shooting them all willy-nilly like... I live 20 mins from Ferguson.... when this story first broke (in August) I was heartbroken when I saw the looters on TV rampaging through their own community, WITH THEIR CHILDREN IN TOW! The picture that stuck in my mind was these 2 little boys (ages 10-14) smiling like they are having the time of their lives just stealing and burning shit with what I assume were their parents/legal guardians. Way to show your kids the righteous path.



Sooo... just because blacks kill blacks nothing should be done against the police who kills for no reason and gets away with it? just because a few black people with bad intentions took this opportunity to steal you have to put every black person in a box? Don't let a few bad apples spoil the bunch.


this led to Darren Wilson, which his statements all had evidence to back him up, being the only credible witness of what happened which led to him not being indicted.


Your first post contradicts the second one. I would have ignored you if you'd have said what you just said first because clearly, you are not complaining about the kids or those people who took this opportunity to steal(as I thought at first) but for you this is just another incident where a black person dies and nobody should care.There is a lot of evidence to back up that Brown didn't deserve to die the way he did and that Darren is a racist liar....you don't think that no one knows the truth....you think that Darren has the truth!!! which is another contradiction to what you said before about no witnesses while disregarding the friend completely just because he said "back" instead of "front" and what about Darren's lies? ( those are truly music to your ears). But whatever, people like you do nothing and will never achieve nothing, keep complaining about the media and society while sitting on your ass at home.
Posted 11/28/14

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

Thread, lost.


Like always, right?
Posted 11/28/14 , edited 11/28/14

kirika202 wrote:


dragontackle wrote:
If my family member was dumb enough to think it was okay to assault a cop and think he wasnt going to catch a body, then I wouldnt give a crap


Wait a moment, do you actually believe what the media and Wilson say...that Brown attacked him? what happened in Ferguson is not a joke like you said, and I better quote someone else who kindly responded to someone like you because I don't think I could control myself here anymore...so much ignorance it hurts...




TIME TO GET EDUCATED AND I AM NOT FOOLING AROUND.

First of all, Michael was not much bigger than Darren. Both of them were the same height, with Michael being perhaps eighty pounds heavier . Now, I understand that is a significant weight difference. However, Michael Brown was walking down the street, he was unarmed, and he was killed 148 ft away from Darren’s SUV. . And also, did you see Darren’s " injuries? " He literally had shaving cut on his chin and claimed that he had been charged at by Michael, and that they had gotten in a “large fight.” I literally have received worse injuries falling down the stairs than what Darren had. Darren has a history of harassing other people and racial profiling (x , x , x , x .) The police in Ferguson are extremely racist and involved with the KKK. // Darren Wilson might be involved with the KKK . What do I expect a police officer to do? I expect him to act lawfully and file a police report. Oh, but wait, he went against protocol and did not. In addition, it would be nearly impossible to grab Darren’s gun out of the holster. . Also, oh my god!! He robbed the store! here is a video of Michael paying for his cigars/cigarettes. In addition, the store owner said no one called the police and nothing was stolen. Intoxicated on marijuana? That means Michael could not have even been able to react quickly to be violent.Marijuana causes dizziness, shallow breathing, and slowed reaction time. // Darren Wilson literally arrested a man just for being filmed. // The autopsy found that Darren shot Michael in his arm while Michael had his arms up, then continued to shoot him as he fell to the floor. In addition, Michael was far away from harming Darren .// Ferguson protestors have been peacefully protesting, however cops opened fire on them with rubber bullets. This is actually against the first amendment, which allows freedom of speech and the right to assemble. Just in case you are unaware,rubber bullets can easily be lethal and/or cause serious injury. Really, all the eyewitnesses have sided with Darren? Not from all of this evidence (x , x .) No. People of color are killed by officers and face much more discrimination. In fact, they face seven times more discrimination by police officers than whites // NYPD profiling and targeting LGBTQ people of color. // Black students are given much worse punishments in school and in the criminal justice system. // Albany Police: SWAT uses a poor black neighborhood to train in because it is “realistic.” // A black man holding a wallet is more likely to be shot than a white man holding a gun. Really? Blacks kill blacks? Every twenty-eight hours an African American is extrajudicially executed in the US, almost one African American killed everyday by law enforcement, security guards, and/or vigilantes.

Please read up on all of these articles for better education and for anything I missed. (x , x , x , x .)

I have been doing my research and keeping up with everything that has been happening. Racism is alive and we cannot keep pretending it is not a problem little one. I hope these articles help you out with the misinformation you have been given.

Also, we can't ignore what's happening...do you know how wrong that sounds? do you know what is happening? innocent people are getting killed. a murderer is walking free and gaining popularity. people are literally walking down the street, little kids are carrying toy guns, and getting shot by police just because of their skin color.
i will not sit here and do nothing and pretend it is not happening. this should not be causing “drama.” this is literally about fighting for human rights and equality and fighting against racism. i do not understand why you would think this is causing drama little one. people in ferguson are protesting because they are constantly facing discrimination in their lives, and they are tired of it. they are tired of being stepped on and being killed for no reason. you and i have the privilege of turning off the tv, turning off our computers, and shoving our heads in the sand. these people do not. their existence is literally relying on this.
kids younger than me that should be enjoying time with their families, laughing, just be kids, are literally having to go to protests and hold up signs saying their lives matter, just because of their skin color. don’t you think that is really messed up? as a white person i cannot do much to help, but i do know that just sitting here pretending it is not happening for fear of “drama” is a horribly wrong thing to do. i want people to know that this is very important. please educate yourself little one. doing nothing and saying nothing changes nothing.




I agree with her of course....RACISM IS ALIVE and it exists everywhere but the people has to start to change somewhere, this is what the protests are all about...I wish white people would stop taking all this against them(the ones who say they also face discrimination or that not all white people are evil) this is not about YOU or ME but about the ones SUFFERING. I'm white and the woman above is white and we hate what it is happening, we want justice and not the corrupt, racist and outdated justice...please educate yourselves before believing what the media says.



I agree my good sir. Handful of deaths by white cops; 1000's from black on black crime... which is the issue that needs to be fixed? Now I'm not saying White cops don't harass black people... but its not like every day they are just shooting them all willy-nilly like... I live 20 mins from Ferguson.... when this story first broke (in August) I was heartbroken when I saw the looters on TV rampaging through their own community, WITH THEIR CHILDREN IN TOW! The picture that stuck in my mind was these 2 little boys (ages 10-14) smiling like they are having the time of their lives just stealing and burning shit with what I assume were their parents/legal guardians. Way to show your kids the righteous path.


Sooo... just because blacks kill blacks nothing should be done against the police who kills for no reason and gets away with it? just because a few black people with bad intentions took this opportunity to steal you have to put every black person in a box? Don't let a few bad apples spoil the bunch.


Busy checking sources, but isn't Daily Kos more of a blog with a liberal slant than a verifiable news source? And Anonymous is nothing more than a bunch of keyboard warriors and losers for the most part, so why trust them?

Edit: Checked over half, and while I don't necessarily trust your sources, I'll commend you for giving me an open mind on the issue. I don't really care enough like I did with the Trayvon Martin case to check out the other side of the story for now, but perhaps I will later.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.