First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
The truth about Corporal Punishment, proof.
Posted 1/19/15

cpdion wrote:

I have gotten corporal punishment and I am fine (well kinda, but that isn't because of corporal punishment).


As I said before, one of my friends was molested and she turned out great. Does this mean child molestation should be legal?
1656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F
Offline
Posted 1/19/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


cpdion wrote:

I have gotten corporal punishment and I am fine (well kinda, but that isn't because of corporal punishment).


As I said before, one of my friends was molested and she turned out great. Does this mean child molestation should be legal?


Molestation is a whole different thing buddy. No one deserves that. When I see kids acting up and the mom is just standing there and telling them to stop, the kid keeps going..you know why? Because they can. Because they know their mom will do nothing. Mothers and Fathers are really not doing so good today and while corporal punishment may not be the answer it can help sometimes. You don't have to go too far though. It may cause some other side effects though...



Posted 1/19/15

cpdion wrote:

Molestation is a whole different thing buddy. No one deserves that. When I see kids acting up and the mom is just standing there and telling them to stop, the kid keeps going..you know why? Because they can. Because they know their mom will do nothing. Mothers and Fathers are really not doing so good today and while corporal punishment may not be the answer it can help sometimes. You don't have to go too far though. It may cause some other side effects though...


I'm just saying that it may be harmful regardless of one case. Studies show that many kids become more aggressive for being hit or spanked. If Violent video could make someone a little less desensitize, imagine what taking a belt to a child would do? If anything, hitting your child is a temporary fix that if repeated could lead to disastrous results in development. Hitting a child doesn't calm them down, it instills fear. Is it really healthy to rule through fear? Sorta Machiavellian if you think about it.
27275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 1/19/15
Oh okay so you want some spanking. Gotcha.
1656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F
Offline
Posted 1/19/15 , edited 1/19/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


cpdion wrote:

Molestation is a whole different thing buddy. No one deserves that. When I see kids acting up and the mom is just standing there and telling them to stop, the kid keeps going..you know why? Because they can. Because they know their mom will do nothing. Mothers and Fathers are really not doing so good today and while corporal punishment may not be the answer it can help sometimes. You don't have to go too far though. It may cause some other side effects though...


I'm just saying that it may be harmful regardless of one case. Studies show that many kids become more aggressive for being hit or spanked. If Violent video could make someone a little less desensitize, imagine what taking a belt to a child would do? If anything, hitting your child is a temporary fix that if repeated could lead to disastrous results in development. Hitting a child doesn't calm them down, it instills fear. Is it really healthy to rule through fear? Sorta Machiavellian if you think about it.


I get what you are saying..I think I am more violent and aggressive because of spankings or whatever you wanna call it. It isn't really temporary fix to me either..once I get spanked for something I never do it again (maybe..)...it does make me scared of my mom SOMETIMES, but she doesn't go too far and if she does I can tell it is an accident, so I am not really scared of her. It should only instill ACTUAL fear if the parent goes too far, but then again the kid can be more sensitive or can hold grudges or something. I am only actually scared of my mom when I know I did something wrong or stupid and she catches me doing it or finds out. It can harmful sometimes, but talking and grounding doesn't work on everyone...so it would be a good idea to do certain punishments depending on the child, but then again that can cause bad sibling rivalry if one kids gets spankings and the other doesn't.
Posted 1/20/15 , edited 1/20/15
I've seen parents go after their children with belts and fly swatters. I wonder if they are punishing the child or taking out their frustration. Though I imagine DCFS showing up with police in tow threatening to arrest the parents for child abuse might have an effect.

Also operant conditioning does not require pain, it was just the easiest negative feedback to give an animal.
1926 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Surrey, UK
Offline
Posted 1/20/15
I was slapped as a child for doing shit that I shouldn't have been doing. And I have grown to be a responsible and well rounded adult. I generally think the reason there's so much gang violence in the UK is due to a lack of discipline from parent to child.
15021 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 1/20/15
You sound like a crazy person
2346 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46
Offline
Posted 1/20/15
This thread needs a spankin'

27705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 1/20/15
Fine do away with corporal punishment but if you cant control you kids allow the state to claim them. Better for the state to control them than useless parents. I see so many kids have no respect for authority, bloated egos, and believing they deserve the world. At what point do you say enough is enough? I see parents tell they kids to calm down and all the brats do is scream and curse. Nothing tells me more that they shouldn't be parents if they can't control their kids during a movie or a restaurant.
Someone tell me how you would handle this

watch these videos and tell me what you would do if these were you kids
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcqOgnQyXp4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_donI4Cyzg
2346 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46
Offline
Posted 1/20/15

CCTDaily wrote:




Nah. This thread needs capital punishment, not just corporal punishment.



Oh, so you do want to protect children or this thread, nor give it human rights, you want to make some horse fucking, abusive asshole happy.


Are you mentally well at this time, or do we need to contact someone to place you under protected care?
Posted 1/20/15
Where do I subscribe?
13652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
こ ~ じ ~ か
Offline
Posted 1/20/15

jehester wrote:


Not sure if the OP needs a time out or his meds adjusted.



I would say let's just hijack the thread and make it about lolis, or something, but it just needs to die. Really. I'm not sure why it's been allowed to live this long.
6315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hongdae
Offline
Posted 1/20/15 , edited 1/20/15



You see that thin branch over there? Go grab it and bring it back to me.
If you dont, ill pick one out.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.