Post Reply Does anyone know if there's going to be a new doom patrol series?
4706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 11/29/14
Now that the doom patrol has been showing up in the justice league, is there any chance they'll get their own comic? I really want to now because for the first time in over 10 years of reading comics I'm actually interested in this team.
673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M
Offline
Posted 11/29/14 , edited 11/29/14
I depend on popularity I guess
816 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / VA
Offline
Posted 12/2/14
maybe once the big DC event of 2015 is over they will announce new titles. if you've never read it, i highly suggest you check out the Grant Morrison run of Doom Patrol.
4706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 12/3/14

doctor_professor wrote:

maybe once the big DC event of 2015 is over they will announce new titles. if you've never read it, i highly suggest you check out the Grant Morrison run of Doom Patrol.


Do you mean blood moon? I'm confused due to DCs excess of events, they're all blending together.
816 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / VA
Offline
Posted 12/3/14
i think thats what its called. honestly, DC really makes me grumpy these days.
4706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 12/3/14

doctor_professor wrote:

i think thats what its called. honestly, DC really makes me grumpy these days.


I know how you feel. Starting in January I'm planning to go back to Marvel for the first time since Ultimate Spiderman got canned.
816 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / VA
Offline
Posted 12/3/14

octorockandroll wrote:


doctor_professor wrote:

i think thats what its called. honestly, DC really makes me grumpy these days.


I know how you feel. Starting in January I'm planning to go back to Marvel for the first time since Ultimate Spiderman got canned.


i dropped a lot of DC titles after Forever Evil. Marvel is kinda weird now.
4706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 12/3/14 , edited 12/3/14

doctor_professor wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


doctor_professor wrote:

i think thats what its called. honestly, DC really makes me grumpy these days.


I know how you feel. Starting in January I'm planning to go back to Marvel for the first time since Ultimate Spiderman got canned.


i dropped a lot of DC titles after Forever Evil. Marvel is kinda weird now.


I'm still reading DC, but less. I mean the new 52 was a pretty bad move, but it wasnt all negative. I mean, they made Aquaman one of the coolest superheroes around, pretty cool if you ask me. And I agree with you about Marvel. They're trying to appeal to an ethnically diverse audience as well as women by changing their Caucasian male superheroes into people of color or women, which becomes even weirder when you consider they already had characters that were similar to that. But hey, they're making a new Squirrel Girl series, so that's cool
816 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / VA
Offline
Posted 12/3/14

octorockandroll wrote:


doctor_professor wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


doctor_professor wrote:

i think thats what its called. honestly, DC really makes me grumpy these days.


I know how you feel. Starting in January I'm planning to go back to Marvel for the first time since Ultimate Spiderman got canned.


i dropped a lot of DC titles after Forever Evil. Marvel is kinda weird now.


I'm still reading DC, but less. I mean the new 52 was a pretty bad move, but it wasnt all negative. I mean, they made Aquaman one of the coolest superheroes around, pretty cool if you ask me. And I agree with you about Marvel. They're trying to appeal to an ethnically diverse audience as well as women by changing their Caucasian male superheroes into people of color or women, which becomes even weirder when you consider they already had characters that were similar to that. But hey, they're making a new Squirrel Girl series, so that's cool


i've really enjoyed this version of Aquaman, but i've always been a fan of the character. i just really miss stuff like the JSA. Earth 2 is a decent book but its just not the same.

i don't have a problem with female Thor or Falcon becoming Captain America. i am very tired of all the hero vs hero events though. and i really dislike this Bendis era of X-Men
4706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 12/4/14

doctor_professor wrote:

i've really enjoyed this version of Aquaman, but i've always been a fan of the character. i just really miss stuff like the JSA. Earth 2 is a decent book but its just not the same.

i don't have a problem with female Thor or Falcon becoming Captain America. i am very tired of all the hero vs hero events though. and i really dislike this Bendis era of X-Men


I just think the xmen should be gone altogether. I mean in this universe where people celebrate kids flinging themselves across a city on webs and a god that contradicts America's most prominent religions, I don't think a story about people with mutations being oppressed really fits. Hell, if I'm not mistaken, the way the Fantastic 4 got their powers was through mutation, and they're some of the most popular heroes in that universe.
72868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Offline
Posted 12/28/14
That'd be nice....
27908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/14/15
I think, correct me if I am wrong, I saw an announcement for a new series after convergence.
You must be logged in to post.