First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Posted 11/30/14
I never go there, and probably never will. I've heard about it though
Posted 11/30/14
4chan gave us Katawa Shoujo, so I can't really hate them. I mean, a free decent visual novel? Sign me up. But Anonymous is highly overrated. Like really. They like to stir the pot just for the lulz.
18602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/30/14

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

4chan gave us Katawa Shoujo, so I can't really hate them. I mean, a free decent visual novel? Sign me up. But Anonymous is highly overrated. Like really. They like to stir the pot just for the lulz.


4chins anonymous has been dead for years
Posted 11/30/14

Lowlights wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

4chan gave us Katawa Shoujo, so I can't really hate them. I mean, a free decent visual novel? Sign me up. But Anonymous is highly overrated. Like really. They like to stir the pot just for the lulz.


4chins anonymous has been dead for years


It's a leaderless resistance, no different than the Earth Liberation Force (ELF). People with interest will fight in the name of Anonymous. I hesitate to call them dead.
18602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/30/14

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Lowlights wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

4chan gave us Katawa Shoujo, so I can't really hate them. I mean, a free decent visual novel? Sign me up. But Anonymous is highly overrated. Like really. They like to stir the pot just for the lulz.


4chins anonymous has been dead for years


It's a leaderless resistance, no different than the Earth Liberation Force (ELF). People with interest will fight in the name of Anonymous. I hesitate to call them dead.


The anonymous that's around today isn't the same as it was around Chanology.

It's not tied to 4chan anymore.
Posted 11/30/14

Lowlights wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Lowlights wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

4chan gave us Katawa Shoujo, so I can't really hate them. I mean, a free decent visual novel? Sign me up. But Anonymous is highly overrated. Like really. They like to stir the pot just for the lulz.


4chins anonymous has been dead for years


It's a leaderless resistance, no different than the Earth Liberation Force (ELF). People with interest will fight in the name of Anonymous. I hesitate to call them dead.


The anonymous that's around today isn't the same as it was around Chanology.

It's not tied to 4chan anymore.


Still overrated.
18602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/30/14

PeripheralVisionary wrote:



Still overrated.


Oh, definitely.
toy
1459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 11/30/14
4Chan is 4Chan, not much else to say
12351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / California
Offline
Posted 11/30/14
I go on /a/ a lot.

It's just 4chan. Not much else to say.
9200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 11/30/14

toy wrote:

4Chan is 4Chan, not much else to say :P


That's kinda it. Don't expect too much, I've been there occasionally throughout the years. From back around 2000-ish? visit maybe once a year.

It has changed waaaaaaay too much, but it's still like that retarded, racist family member that's very "loving" of young girls and furry animals, (without QUITE giving you reason to call the FBI) and yet, for all its horribleness never ceases to entertain, spits out one or two nuggets of truth, seems to have a heart of gold one minute, and a completely psychopathic disregard for humanity the next, and spews forth 90% of all memes.

yeah.. it's just 4chan. *shrugs*
41695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 11/30/14 , edited 11/30/14
I've been to 4chan and sexually harassed. On /b/. At fourteen. I was a blithering idiot for posting photos of myself evn if not objectified ones, but yeah, I was sexually harassed. And I've lurked a few threads. Majority of the users are either trolls, pigs, or downright insane. But I'm basing most of this on the bad threads I've viewed which are among the only ones I've viewed.
Some of the anime imageboards aren't bad actually. But /a/ can be a total battleground.

4chan from my experience is a not a pleasant place to be female.

Also. Racism and serial killer/mass murderer/woman beater glorifying users aren't my cup of tea either. Couldn't tell whether they were trolls or not but about the time sandy hook occurred many users were praising Lanza. And that made my stomach churn nastily. Also, 4chan has its share of pedo users as well who request illegal content and even though those posts get removed almost immediately they make me nothing but ill. So yeah. I dislike the site intensely.

The only decent things that've originated from 4chan are anon, best girl, and various memes. Anon can be be a bit extreme but they're not bad people unlike some of the individuals I've seen. They believe in their own form of justice and hack whatever the fuck they want for the lulz even if they risk getting caught.

Posted 11/30/14
don't think it's orange.
13496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 11/30/14
My part of the internet is pretty much centred around 4chan but I have only lurked /a/ and /jp/ before. Apparently /b/ was worse back in 07 when I was too scared to go past the front page. Still, people tell me that 4chan is actually quite good outside /b/ but a small lurk of /jp/ proved that wrong. I don't like the lack of account system though.
1327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 11/30/14 , edited 12/1/14
Better than the crunchyroll community
Posted 11/30/14 , edited 12/1/14
4Chan is heaven for trolls.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.