What's harder to produce: animations or live action?
Posted 12/1/14
with the upcoming shingeki no kyojin live action movie (why do people hate it already just because there are new characters?), i've been thinking what's harder to produce, animations or live actions. i personally think animations are harder because you need a VA, animators, script and other things. what do your opinon?
11660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Cali
Offline
Posted 12/1/14
That depends on what your working for. Animation can be completely done by yourself. The best part is that you are in control and you know you want to make that happen. Live action? Not something you could do by yourself, a bit harder because you don't know exactly what the director wants, and keep it mind that it's multiple people acting too so it's a huge cluster.
Posted 12/1/14
Hwell, as someone who draws, animation is tough as hell. Even if you're really, really, really good at it. I'm not that great. Its hard, Especially complex stuff, it's a pain in the ass, although computer technology has made it easier to just render and scan and stuff but still...


Posted 12/1/14

AiYumega wrote:

Hwell, as someone who draws, animation is tough as hell. Even if you're really, really, really good at it. I'm not that great. Its hard, Especially complex stuff, it's a pain in the ass, although computer technology has made it easier to just render and scan and stuff but still...




drawing is still hella hard for me
9200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 12/1/14
Oh animation hands down. You can DO an animation singlehandedly, but you have to draw EACH FRAME. at 60 frames per second. And each frame has to be precisely the right amount of difference between each other to coincide with the scene. AND you need to know how to animate the lip flaps correctly to make it time right so the VA's can do THEIR job.

I've done some really silly stop motion animated gifs for work. HORRIBLE quality, but for 1 second of animation, I had to take 30 GOOD snapshots (and not counting the many taken that had to be tossed out), making minor adjustments, and even then the results weren't super fabulous. By contrast, live actors? pffffft. just point the camera and roll the film. Either way you still will be tossing out a lot of what you put to film...

Animation is cheaper though... somehow.. O.o
11660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Cali
Offline
Posted 12/1/14

serifsansserif wrote:

Oh animation hands down. You can DO an animation singlehandedly, but you have to draw EACH FRAME. at 60 frames per second. And each frame has to be precisely the right amount of difference between each other to coincide with the scene. AND you need to know how to animate the lip flaps correctly to make it time right so the VA's can do THEIR job.

I've done some really silly stop motion animated gifs for work. HORRIBLE quality, but for 1 second of animation, I had to take 30 GOOD snapshots (and not counting the many taken that had to be tossed out), making minor adjustments, and even then the results weren't super fabulous. By contrast, live actors? pffffft. just point the camera and roll the film. Either way you still will be tossing out a lot of what you put to film...

Animation is cheaper though... somehow.. O.o


You HAVE to draw to 60 fps? Sure, you CAN. 25 fps is a good spot too.
9200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 12/1/14

narutosonic330 wrote:


serifsansserif wrote:

Oh animation hands down. You can DO an animation singlehandedly, but you have to draw EACH FRAME. at 60 frames per second. And each frame has to be precisely the right amount of difference between each other to coincide with the scene. AND you need to know how to animate the lip flaps correctly to make it time right so the VA's can do THEIR job.

I've done some really silly stop motion animated gifs for work. HORRIBLE quality, but for 1 second of animation, I had to take 30 GOOD snapshots (and not counting the many taken that had to be tossed out), making minor adjustments, and even then the results weren't super fabulous. By contrast, live actors? pffffft. just point the camera and roll the film. Either way you still will be tossing out a lot of what you put to film...

Animation is cheaper though... somehow.. O.o


You HAVE to draw to 60 fps? Sure, you CAN. 25 fps is a good spot too.


lol.. fine.. whatever the number is... I know that's still a hell of a lot of drawing that have to be done compared to just a flip of a switch with live filming.
11049 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Brentwood
Offline
Posted 12/1/14
Animation requires time
Live action requires accuracy
233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / cali
Offline
Posted 12/1/14
I think it really depends on the quality of either.
Posted 12/1/14
Definitely animation.
8345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 1/13/15
I would imagine their both hard.
An9el 
28891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
http://myanimelis...
Online
Posted 1/17/15
id think they are about the same
Sailor Candy Moderator
200584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 24 days ago
OP Nuked.
You must be logged in to post.