First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Kids and Anime
Creator
24570 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 4/29/16

dramamama79 wrote:



I finally finished Fullmetal Alchemist and still watch Fairy Tail. I have a few new shows that are on the lighter side such as Haven't You Heard? I am Sakamoto that I am checking out. Sakamoto is hilarious!

It would be great to find something my 15 year old could enjoy. We have currently just been catching up on Studio Ghibli films we haven't seen. She hasn't been into much lately. I did just finish Princess Tutu that I thought she would like, but my 11 yr old ended up enjoying it so I let him watch haha.

I still have yet to watch FMA. I'm in the middle of reading the manga, though, and it's excellent.

I don't know in terms of recent anime. What other stuff do they like? I can throw out random suggestions - but what do I know?
Parent
7667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Portland, Oregon
Offline
Posted 4/29/16


I still have yet to watch FMA. I'm in the middle of reading the manga, though, and it's excellent.

I don't know in terms of recent anime. What other stuff do they like? I can throw out random suggestions - but what do I know?


I enjoyed FMA and may start the manga soon. My kids seem to enjoy anything with a strong fantasy and family story background. They also really like humor. If you throw in some cute animals, it is a win. Haha, I am not sure that helps much
Creator
24570 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 4/29/16

dramamama79 wrote:
I enjoyed FMA and may start the manga soon. My kids seem to enjoy anything with a strong fantasy and family story background. They also really like humor. If you throw in some cute animals, it is a win. Haha, I am not sure that helps much

Fantasy & family? How about Blue Exorcist? The family bond is between twin brothers (much like FMA). In this one, though, their biological father in Satan and the two of them are exorcists (one training who displays demon features, the other a full on exorcist). Also, the one twin brother who is already an exorcist...is one of the teachers in the exorcist program! The series is great for the most part, toward the end it runs out of manga material so starts to contradict itself to try to close out the plot quickly, but overall it's fun.
Parent
7667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Portland, Oregon
Offline
Posted 4/29/16


Fantasy & family? How about Blue Exorcist? The family bond is between twin brothers (much like FMA). In this one, though, their biological father in Satan and the two of them are exorcists (one training who displays demon features, the other a full on exorcist). Also, the one twin brother who is already an exorcist...is one of the teachers in the exorcist program! The series is great for the most part, toward the end it runs out of manga material so starts to contradict itself to try to close out the plot quickly, but overall it's fun.




Oh nice! I will have to see if she can get into this one. It has actually been in one of my queues for a while. Maybe we can try an episode or two and see how it goes Thanks!
Creator
24570 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 4/29/16 , edited 4/29/16

dramamama79 wrote:



Fantasy & family? How about Blue Exorcist? The family bond is between twin brothers (much like FMA). In this one, though, their biological father in Satan and the two of them are exorcists (one training who displays demon features, the other a full on exorcist). Also, the one twin brother who is already an exorcist...is one of the teachers in the exorcist program! The series is great for the most part, toward the end it runs out of manga material so starts to contradict itself to try to close out the plot quickly, but overall it's fun.




Oh nice! I will have to see if she can get into this one. It has actually been in one of my queues for a while. Maybe we can try an episode or two and see how it goes Thanks!
Cool! Let me know if you do & what you think about it. The anime is decent (both OPs are great) and the manga, I love so much. I'm waiting for my library to get the next volume (15) this summer
Parent
14377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / F
Offline
Posted 4/29/16
So far my kids have watched Tenchi Muyo, Sasami Magical Girls Club, Excel Saga,Pani Poni Dash, Chi's Sweet Home, Slayers, Fairy Tail and Sgt. Frog. Fairy Tail being their favourite. My oldest has been watching Squid Girl, and Fate/kaleid lIner Prisma Illya here on Crunchyroll. They seem to like comedy and action shows. Any suggestions would be great!
Parent
7667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Portland, Oregon
Offline
Posted 4/29/16

treehousebear wrote:

So far my kids have watched Tenchi Muyo, Sasami Magical Girls Club, Excel Saga,Pani Poni Dash, Chi's Sweet Home, Slayers, Fairy Tail and Sgt. Frog. Fairy Tail being their favourite. My oldest has been watching Squid Girl, and Fate/kaleid lIner Prisma Illya here on Crunchyroll. They seem to like comedy and action shows. Any suggestions would be great!


One that I forgot to mention is Himouto! Umaro-chan. I do not remember there being too much that would be innapropriate and it is quite funny with brief little heart felt messages tucked in. It follows a young girl who lives with her older brother. During the day she is a model citizen and student, only to return home and become a very lazy brat. She causes him a lot of troubles, but it shows just how much family really means as well. I was a fan.
Parent
14377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / F
Offline
Posted 4/29/16

dramamama79 wrote:


treehousebear wrote:

So far my kids have watched Tenchi Muyo, Sasami Magical Girls Club, Excel Saga,Pani Poni Dash, Chi's Sweet Home, Slayers, Fairy Tail and Sgt. Frog. Fairy Tail being their favourite. My oldest has been watching Squid Girl, and Fate/kaleid lIner Prisma Illya here on Crunchyroll. They seem to like comedy and action shows. Any suggestions would be great!


One that I forgot to mention is Himouto! Umaro-chan. I do not remember there being too much that would be innapropriate and it is quite funny with brief little heart felt messages tucked in. It follows a young girl who lives with her older brother. During the day she is a model citizen and student, only to return home and become a very lazy brat. She causes him a lot of troubles, but it shows just how much family really means as well. I was a fan.


I liked that one too. I think my oldest would probably get a kick out of it. I forgot about it after I took it out of my queue. Will have to mention in to her. Thanks
Parent
7667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Portland, Oregon
Offline
Posted 4/29/16



I liked that one too. I think my oldest would probably get a kick out of it. I forgot about it after I took it out of my queue. Will have to mention in to her. Thanks


Of course! My son actually enjoyed it more. I think he was able to relate haha
Creator
24570 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 5/2/16

treehousebear wrote:


dramamama79 wrote:


treehousebear wrote:

So far my kids have watched Tenchi Muyo, Sasami Magical Girls Club, Excel Saga,Pani Poni Dash, Chi's Sweet Home, Slayers, Fairy Tail and Sgt. Frog. Fairy Tail being their favourite. My oldest has been watching Squid Girl, and Fate/kaleid lIner Prisma Illya here on Crunchyroll. They seem to like comedy and action shows. Any suggestions would be great!


One that I forgot to mention is Himouto! Umaro-chan. I do not remember there being too much that would be innapropriate and it is quite funny with brief little heart felt messages tucked in. It follows a young girl who lives with her older brother. During the day she is a model citizen and student, only to return home and become a very lazy brat. She causes him a lot of troubles, but it shows just how much family really means as well. I was a fan.


I liked that one too. I think my oldest would probably get a kick out of it. I forgot about it after I took it out of my queue. Will have to mention in to her. Thanks

It's a cute show and those who have younger siblings may be able to relate, as I do ;)

My (almost) 7 year old boy is enjoying Shonen Ashibe GO! GO! Goma-chan - which is airing now here on CR. It's a short-form anime about a boy in 1st grade and...his pet seal! It's very, very cute. My 7 year old also has 3 younger siblings who watch it with him weekly, so it's been fun for them to gather with me and watch it.
Parent
14377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / F
Offline
Posted 5/7/16

mdmrn wrote:

My (almost) 7 year old boy is enjoying Shonen Ashibe GO! GO! Goma-chan - which is airing now here on CR. It's a short-form anime about a boy in 1st grade and...his pet seal! It's very, very cute. My 7 year old also has 3 younger siblings who watch it with him weekly, so it's been fun for them to gather with me and watch it. :D


I've been watching that one and it's really cute. Will have to show it to them when it's finished airing. They prefer to watch shows when they're completed. I tried watching Illya simulcast with my oldest last year but she didn't want to have to wait a week to see it.
Parent
14377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / F
Offline
Posted 6/20/16 , edited 7/1/16
So my oldest watched Fullmetal Alchemist last week and she loved it! I think she was so interested in it because of how much I like it. She liked it so much, she is now watching Brotherhood also! When she's finished with that one, I may try to watch Ouran High School Host Club with her. I think she'd like that one. I loved it so much the first time I saw it I grabbed the blu-ray from Amazon when I finished.
Parent
24018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 7/1/16
Waaaah.. My kid can't really understand new animes right now since they are all subbed. She absolutely loves all the dubbed studio ghibli films, to the point we redid her bathroom in a Totoro theme. Right now she's a bit obsess with Ponyo.

I got my husband hooked on the classics, like Initial D. He took it to the extreme and started drift car racing himself.


But he put that on hold as soon as he found out he was going to be a father. However, she's becoming much like her father when it comes to cars. :/

Parent
14377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / F
Offline
Posted 7/7/16 , edited 7/7/16

PootiePie wrote:

Waaaah.. My kid can't really understand new animes right now since they are all subbed. She absolutely loves all the dubbed studio ghibli films, to the point we redid her bathroom in a Totoro theme. Right now she's a bit obsess with Ponyo.



Totoro is adorable. Glad she likes the Studio Ghibli films. I haven't watched them all yet, but have seen most of them and they're great! When my daughter was 5, she was still not able to follow the subtitles, but I watched Chi's Sweet Home with her and my oldest daughter. They loved it. It's short, and she could pretty much pick up on what was going on. Sometimes my oldest would read them to her, or I would ask her how she thought Chi felt. We ended up watching it all, they loved it so much.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.