First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
The direction of current anime
Posted 12/2/14




No, it's not that. It's the "I hate modern anime because they have x and y".

If you don't like modern anime, do not watch modern anime. I personally think 99% of the older anime has aged like crap. For the most part, it's campy, crudely animated, and just cheesy, and quite frankly you couldn't pay me enough to sit through it. If we're all tossing around opinions here, that's how I feel.

....And let's not forget Free!, Hetalia, Black Butler, Haikyuu!!, and the multitude of FEMALE ORIENTED GAY PORN that anime and manga produces. It's always "I hate pantsu" but never "I hate that in Free! their genitals are literally hanging out of speedos".

Just saying. I get your point, but still..
22215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 12/2/14 , edited 12/2/14

AiYumega wrote:


....And let's not forget Free!, Hetalia, Black Butler, Haikyuu!!, and the multitude of FEMALE ORIENTED GAY PORN that anime and manga produces. It's always "I hate pantsu" but never "I hate that in Free! their genitals are literally hanging out of speedos".

Just saying. I get your point, but still..


Only one close to yaoi is Hetalia and even that is just a ton of different cultures with human personalities. Just because an anime is focusing on a male cast does not mean it's a yaoi, I'm sorry if I miss-interpreted this but that's what I got from this.
9143 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 12/2/14

GoldTStar wrote:


ReikaMichiko wrote:


This is quite comprehensive! And I will definitely have to check it out... but for my OCD's sake i've rearranged them by color I hope you don't mind..


Haha, no problem! It looks a lot better that way.


For whatever reason the quote broke when I rearranged it.. sorry
9143 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 12/2/14 , edited 12/2/14
Statistically speaking though, when you compare the current male fan service anime, it doesn't come close to the current number of female fan service.

This is also not an issue of "all" or "never" , but an overabundance.
40325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 12/2/14

ReikaMichiko wrote:


GoldTStar wrote:


ReikaMichiko wrote:


This is quite comprehensive! And I will definitely have to check it out... but for my OCD's sake i've rearranged them by color I hope you don't mind..


Haha, no problem! It looks a lot better that way.


For whatever reason the quote broke when I rearranged it.. sorry


Yeah, quotes are iffy at times.
Posted 12/2/14 , edited 12/2/14

MonkeysxMoo35 wrote:


AiYumega wrote:


....And let's not forget Free!, Hetalia, Black Butler, Haikyuu!!, and the multitude of FEMALE ORIENTED GAY PORN that anime and manga produces. It's always "I hate pantsu" but never "I hate that in Free! their genitals are literally hanging out of speedos".

Just saying. I get your point, but still..


Only one close to yaoi is Hetalia and even that is just a ton of different cultures with human personalities. Just because an anime is focusing on a male cast does not mean it's a yaoi, I'm sorry if I miss-interpreted this but that's what I got from this.


Never said it did, but it bows to the same idea of servicing the fans, which is fine. But how is this..



Different than this....



It's the same idea.

Posted 12/2/14

ReikaMichiko wrote:

Statistically speaking though, when you compare the current male fan service anime, it doesn't come close to the current number of female fan service.

This is also not an issue of "all" or "never" , but an overabundance.



Tumblr says otherwise. But I have no problem with it either way. If someone doesn't like it, great. But it's like sex scenes in horror movies, or Sports Illustrated Swimsuit magazine, some people will like it, some people won't.

9143 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 12/2/14

AiYumega wrote:


MonkeysxMoo35 wrote:


AiYumega wrote:


....And let's not forget Free!, Hetalia, Black Butler, Haikyuu!!, and the multitude of FEMALE ORIENTED GAY PORN that anime and manga produces. It's always "I hate pantsu" but never "I hate that in Free! their genitals are literally hanging out of speedos".

Just saying. I get your point, but still..


Only one close to yaoi is Hetalia and even that is just a ton of different cultures with human personalities. Just because an anime is focusing on a male cast does not mean it's a yaoi, I'm sorry if I miss-interpreted this but that's what I got from this.


Never said it did, but it bows to the same idea of servicing the fans, which is fine. But how is this..



Different than this....



It's the same idea.



Personally.. I don't find the first image sexual at all..
22215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 12/2/14 , edited 12/2/14

AiYumega wrote:


MonkeysxMoo35 wrote:


AiYumega wrote:


....And let's not forget Free!, Hetalia, Black Butler, Haikyuu!!, and the multitude of FEMALE ORIENTED GAY PORN that anime and manga produces. It's always "I hate pantsu" but never "I hate that in Free! their genitals are literally hanging out of speedos".

Just saying. I get your point, but still..


Only one close to yaoi is Hetalia and even that is just a ton of different cultures with human personalities. Just because an anime is focusing on a male cast does not mean it's a yaoi, I'm sorry if I miss-interpreted this but that's what I got from this.


Never said it did, but it bows to the same idea of servicing the fans, which is fine. But how is this..



Different than this....



It's the same idea.



See, you were saying it's yaoi, male on male, but those are just examples of everyday fan service, targeted to a different audience.
Posted 12/2/14


Let me rephrase it than. There's MALE fanservice, pantsu, and FEMALE fanservice, which is usually yaoi, or abs, or the picture I put before, or whatever women want to see.

I used yaoi as an example, but yeah that is fanservice, which is the same as what this whole thread is about.

6752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Netherlands
Offline
Posted 12/2/14 , edited 12/2/14


I do agree that there's the same amount at the moment, or at least enough Yaoi. But if I look at the No Game, No Life! manga (or even the anime) compared to Free! The message just has a different feel. I mean you are right, but the wetness portrait makes it just a bit more erotic. It is different from the implication of Free! In that scene. So I think that's a wrong comparison.

I don't think there is 'to much panty shots' I think it's a thing that has been lacking in the past couple of months.

As for recommendations, I'd definitely say: Yuri Yuri it's older but it's funny and I haven't noticed any ecchi
Posted 12/2/14


That's the bias of it. It's a close up shot of a man's wet butt. It's not "sexual", but could be seen as it.

....Just like pantsu, and other forms of fanservice.
52879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 12/2/14 , edited 12/2/14
Well whatever direction Anime is "taking", we are not changing that anytime soon, also there is a comprehensive list of shows, that literally has zero fan service cliches, you just have to find them/backlog them when you feel the season you are in is stale.....

I have a couple trends that need to stop..... <.<

9143 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 12/2/14 , edited 12/2/14
Mmm maybe its your choices of comparison.. or me being prude.. but the second image seems like softcore porn to me?


cay032692 wrote:

Well whatever direction Anime is "taking", we are not changing that anytime soon, also there is a comprehensive list of shows, that literally has zero fan service cliches, you just have to find them/backlog them when you feel the season you are in is stale.....




I actually only watch one anime at a time.. which is why its taken me so long to watch the amount of anime I watch now.
52879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 12/2/14
Lol Oh she is wet in the second image. Ha.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.