First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Is Drunken Sex Rape? Can I Yell Rape Too If I Were Drunk?
Posted 12/3/14
Is drunken sex rape? Explain your viewpoint. I can't decide. On the other hand, I feel people can't consent, but I feel like if I reported my rape (If I were rape) as a guy, the police would laugh in my face. I feel like having sex with someone you didn't mean to have sex isn't quite tantamount to traditional rape, more like squick if anything. I am but a lowly level 1 newb in this game called life.
2459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Minnesota, USA
Offline
Posted 12/3/14 , edited 10/19/15
If both people are equally drunk and impaired then no it is not rape. If one party is sober enough and is simply taking advantage of the other party who is drunk and impaired then yes it is rape. Pretty simple.
9200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 12/3/14
mmmm.. what you stumble upon there is one of the many still existing double standards regarding rape. (remember it was only in the 90's when the law recognized rape and sexual harassment are possible to have male victims).

Honestly, I think that it's not something I'd agree to calling rape, (you should be held responsible for your actions while drunk, and more often than not you voluntarily got drunk, and the laws don't care if your decision making skills are impaired when you walk home drunk, drive home drunk, or hit someone drunk... why is your sexual activity exempt!?!?!? especially when people tend to head to bars to get drunk and take someone home!?!??)

This isn't to say date rape drugs should be excused, nor intentional instances where someone does something to you to loosen your inhibitions, but I mean... I dunno.. does any of this make sense?
Posted 12/4/14 , edited 10/20/15

serifsansserif wrote:

mmmm.. what you stumble upon there is one of the many still existing double standards regarding rape. (remember it was only in the 90's when the law recognized rape and sexual harassment are possible to have male victims).

Honestly, I think that it's not something I'd agree to calling rape, (you should be held responsible for your actions while drunk, and more often than not you voluntarily got drunk, and the laws don't care if your decision making skills are impaired when you walk home drunk, drive home drunk, or hit someone drunk... why is your sexual activity exempt!?!?!? especially when people tend to head to bars to get drunk and take someone home!?!??)

This isn't to say date rape drugs should be excused, nor intentional instances where someone does something to you to loosen your inhibitions, but I mean... I dunno.. does any of this make sense?


Good point. If I am held responsible for getting drunk and driving under the influence, why not sexual behavior?
39464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M
Offline
Posted 12/4/14 , edited 10/20/15
I think it's rape if the victim says no, resists, or is incapacitated to the point that he/she is unable to resist. If someone chooses to have a few beers, and then in his or her impaired state decides its a good idea to have sex, then he or she is responsible for that decision.

If the other party is sober enough to take the kinds of actions that we would normally consider willful sexual assault, then they are responsible for those actions. So if the victim resists, says no, or is incapacitated to the point where they can't say no, then "I was drunk, too" should not be an excuse.
Posted 12/4/14
One of the reason I worry is because women will literally scream rape if depending on who the person they slept with was. Rape accusations don't need to rest on how handsome the guy is.
55109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / West
Offline
Posted 12/4/14

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

One of the reason I worry is because women will literally scream rape if depending on who the person they slept with was. Rape accusations don't need to rest on how handsome the guy is.


What?
Posted 12/4/14

CalifCat wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

One of the reason I worry is because women will literally scream rape if depending on who the person they slept with was. Rape accusations don't need to rest on how handsome the guy is.


What?


It made sense in my head.
17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 12/5/14 , edited 10/20/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

One of the reason I worry is because women will literally scream rape if depending on who the person they slept with was. Rape accusations don't need to rest on how handsome the guy is.
Oh wow, someone showed their true colors before the thread even made it to the second page.

At the moment you were not able to explicitly say "YES, I like that" it's not consent and thus it's rape. It doesn't matter is sleeping beauty fell in love with her prince. In the end, she was fucked in her sleep and that is rape.
Iregi 
5189 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 12/5/14
This subject is like holding a gallon of gas in a cellophane bag over a blowtorch, while that bag is resting on your cheek.

I dealt with alot of this shit in the military. I was injured and stuck in a transient personnel unit(TPU) for 3 months while my boats deployment ended. I saw more than a few rape cases come through there. Seriously 3 months probably 2-3 dozen "rape" cases came through TPU. The guys were always on restriction(aka not in TPU) even before anything was investigated.

On one side of it I heard some girls joking about faking it because they knew they could get military benefits for claiming PTSD from it. I swear some girls joined the military just to get drunk and fuck whoever then cry rape for the benefits. Then there were the ones who just got mad they were being called "Navahos"(navy ho) after hooking up while drunk so they decided to say it was rape. I was even at one of the parties where so called "rape" happened, it was the only time I could stand up at a Chiefs mast and CO's mast and defend the guy and ruin the little witch trying to ruin another persons career.

I also saw the other side of it where a girl came in mentally disturbed from that shit and all she wanted to do was get back to her unit and keep working. I always felt bad for girls like that and wanted to call the con artists out, they ruin a real victims credibility with their bullshit. Girls like that were the rare ones sadly.

This topic is explosive as hell though. Two sides to every coin and every "girl who cried wolf" makes it harder to trust whenever I see it on the news. Especially when you read that it happened at a party, she didn't come forward until a few days later, there was no evidence of rape from the rape kit, and you see all the Social media posts from the day after it happened calling her a skank or slut or whatever.

My opinions on the whole drunken rape thing are from personal experience though and that can vary wildly person to person. I have a huge chip on my shoulder from what I saw in the military though. Very jaded view on things like this.
Posted 12/5/14 , edited 12/5/14

FlyinDumpling wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

One of the reason I worry is because women will literally scream rape if depending on who the person they slept with was. Rape accusations don't need to rest on how handsome the guy is.
Oh wow, someone showed their true colors before the thread even made it to the second page.

At the moment you were not able to explicitly say "YES, I like that" it's not consent and thus it's rape. It doesn't matter is sleeping beauty fell in love with her prince. In the end, she was fucked in her sleep and that is rape.


I don't pride myself on raping others; on the other hand, I'm kind of horny and don't want to pass up my first opportunity because a person was somewhat intoxicated. I'm not entirely aware of the effects of alcohol. I mean, does it count if you are buzzed or anything? Another question I ask is, is it only rape because the girl says it is rape? Your position seems to deny that, saying that fucking a women or man in their sleep is tantamount to rape, regardless of what they may say about it later on, such as how fucking a 13 year old is rape, regardless of force involved.

Now that I think about it, it would probably be rape if the person in question would not have sex with me while sober. But if they would and they got drunk, it is not rape. I guess it would be taking advantage of a person drunkedness if you know for a fact that they wouldn't have sex with you while sober.

I guess the best way to deal with this is not to have sex with any drunk girls.

9200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 12/5/14

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I don't pride myself on raping others; on the other hand, I'm kind of horny and don't want to pass up my first opportunity because a person was somewhat intoxicated. I'm not entirely aware of the effects of alcohol. I mean, does it count if you are buzzed or anything? Another question I ask is, is it only rape because the girl says it is rape? Your position seems to deny that, saying that fucking a women or man in their sleep is tantamount to rape, regardless of what they may say about it later on, such as how fucking a 13 year old is rape, regardless of force involved.

Now that I think about it, it would probably be rape if the person in question would not have sex with me while sober. But if they would and they got drunk, it is not rape. I guess it would be taking advantage of a person drunkedness if you know for a fact that they wouldn't have sex with you while sober.


I don't think rape should EVER be something someone take pride in, and if you think your only chances are if they're drunk, then you probably shouldn't to begin with.





Iregi wrote:

This subject is like holding a gallon of gas in a cellophane bag over a blowtorch, while that bag is resting on your cheek.

I dealt with alot of this shit in the military. I was injured and stuck in a transient personnel unit(TPU) for 3 months while my boats deployment ended. I saw more than a few rape cases come through there. Seriously 3 months probably 2-3 dozen "rape" cases came through TPU. The guys were always on restriction(aka not in TPU) even before anything was investigated.

On one side of it I heard some girls joking about faking it because they knew they could get military benefits for claiming PTSD from it. I swear some girls joined the military just to get drunk and fuck whoever then cry rape for the benefits. Then there were the ones who just got mad they were being called "Navahos"(navy ho) after hooking up while drunk so they decided to say it was rape. I was even at one of the parties where so called "rape" happened, it was the only time I could stand up at a Chiefs mast and CO's mast and defend the guy and ruin the little witch trying to ruin another persons career.

I also saw the other side of it where a girl came in mentally disturbed from that shit and all she wanted to do was get back to her unit and keep working. I always felt bad for girls like that and wanted to call the con artists out, they ruin a real victims credibility with their bullshit. Girls like that were the rare ones sadly.

This topic is explosive as hell though. Two sides to every coin and every "girl who cried wolf" makes it harder to trust whenever I see it on the news. Especially when you read that it happened at a party, she didn't come forward until a few days later, there was no evidence of rape from the rape kit, and you see all the Social media posts from the day after it happened calling her a skank or slut or whatever.

My opinions on the whole drunken rape thing are from personal experience though and that can vary wildly person to person. I have a huge chip on my shoulder from what I saw in the military though. Very jaded view on things like this.


This is why I disagree with drunkenness being used as an excuse.

You explicitly decided to use a substance that impairs your judgement. If in all other forms of the law, being willfully impaired (and without evidence of foul play or prescription, ie., being slipped a substance without your knowledge to make you judgmentally impaired) still makes you responsible for your actions, why should having sex be the exception that ruins the lives for ever? (meaning long prison sentences, being listed for the rest of your life as a sex offender, etc.)?

I'm not saying that rape doesn't occur while under the influence, but I see the law is just too favorable to an argument of he said/she said.



PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I guess the best way to deal with this is not to have sex with any drunk girls.




Yes, it most certainly is.
17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 12/5/14

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I don't pride myself on raping others; on the other hand, I'm kind of horny and don't want to pass up my first opportunity because a person was somewhat intoxicated. I'm not entirely aware of the effects of alcohol. I mean, does it count if you are buzzed or anything? Another question I ask is, is it only rape because the girl says it is rape? Your position seems to deny that, saying that fucking a women or man in their sleep is tantamount to rape, regardless of what they may say about it later on, such as how fucking a 13 year old is rape, regardless of force involved.

Now that I think about it, it would probably be rape if the person in question would not have sex with me while sober. But if they would and they got drunk, it is not rape. I guess it would be taking advantage of a person drunkedness if you know for a fact that they wouldn't have sex with you while sober.

I guess the best way to deal with this is not to have sex with any drunk girls.

Why does it have to be a girl that's raped? It couldn't have been you! Non-consensual sex is rape. At the moment you are asleep, you can't give consent, therefore it is rape. Rape happens, it can't be undone by opinion. "Oh I didn't feel like I was being abused, I love them, they are family". If the person is spilling over their words and can barely stand, it's pretty clear they can't give consent. The legal definition of drunk/intoxication sums it up. I don't know what you are trying to explain in the last paragraph. Consent is something given before an act happens, and it can be taken away the moment a person says no.
40 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 12/6/14 , edited 10/20/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


FlyinDumpling wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

One of the reason I worry is because women will literally scream rape if depending on who the person they slept with was. Rape accusations don't need to rest on how handsome the guy is.
Oh wow, someone showed their true colors before the thread even made it to the second page.

At the moment you were not able to explicitly say "YES, I like that" it's not consent and thus it's rape. It doesn't matter is sleeping beauty fell in love with her prince. In the end, she was fucked in her sleep and that is rape.


I don't pride myself on raping others; on the other hand, I'm kind of horny and don't want to pass up my first opportunity because a person was somewhat intoxicated. I'm not entirely aware of the effects of alcohol. I mean, does it count if you are buzzed or anything? Another question I ask is, is it only rape because the girl says it is rape? Your position seems to deny that, saying that fucking a women or man in their sleep is tantamount to rape, regardless of what they may say about it later on, such as how fucking a 13 year old is rape, regardless of force involved.

Now that I think about it, it would probably be rape if the person in question would not have sex with me while sober. But if they would and they got drunk, it is not rape. I guess it would be taking advantage of a person drunkedness if you know for a fact that they wouldn't have sex with you while sober.

I guess the best way to deal with this is not to have sex with any drunk girls.



You sound like a creep. No rape does not fall on how handsome a person is. Rape isn't shallow. If a person says no or if a person cannot say no its rape pretty simple. If a girl is drunk and she is obviously not in a normal state of thought, to the point where she is almost passing out, you are taking advantage and its rape. And sorry but I have know many men who drink and if you were at the passing out state you wouldn't be able to rape in the first place (a pretty crucial part of the male anatomy tends to stop functioning.), so no you cannot blame it on the alcohol. " I'm kind of horny and don't want to pass up my first opportunity because a person was somewhat intoxicated." This is called rape and you know you are taking advantage so stop trying to find excuses. The fact of the matter is if your thought is like that is that, then you know the girl would not be interested in you under other circumstances. If she were always interested in you it would not be passing up an opportunity it would be waiting for another time. When you're buzzed you can still know the difference between rape and not rape again you're trying to find excuses. Taking advantage of a sleeping person is also rape. and last but not least, fucking a 13 year old is always rape if you're older than 18, this the law. I sincerely hope you are a troll because I am seriously worried about the women you will surrounding yourself with you seem to be really trying to excuse the fact you want to rape someone.
Posted 12/7/14 , edited 12/7/14

CamCab04 wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


FlyinDumpling wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

One of the reason I worry is because women will literally scream rape if depending on who the person they slept with was. Rape accusations don't need to rest on how handsome the guy is.
Oh wow, someone showed their true colors before the thread even made it to the second page.

At the moment you were not able to explicitly say "YES, I like that" it's not consent and thus it's rape. It doesn't matter is sleeping beauty fell in love with her prince. In the end, she was fucked in her sleep and that is rape.


I don't pride myself on raping others; on the other hand, I'm kind of horny and don't want to pass up my first opportunity because a person was somewhat intoxicated. I'm not entirely aware of the effects of alcohol. I mean, does it count if you are buzzed or anything? Another question I ask is, is it only rape because the girl says it is rape? Your position seems to deny that, saying that fucking a women or man in their sleep is tantamount to rape, regardless of what they may say about it later on, such as how fucking a 13 year old is rape, regardless of force involved.

Now that I think about it, it would probably be rape if the person in question would not have sex with me while sober. But if they would and they got drunk, it is not rape. I guess it would be taking advantage of a person drunkedness if you know for a fact that they wouldn't have sex with you while sober.

I guess the best way to deal with this is not to have sex with any drunk girls.



You sound like a creep. No rape does not fall on how handsome a person is. Rape isn't shallow. If a person says no or if a person cannot say no its rape pretty simple. If a girl is drunk and she is obviously not in a normal state of thought, to the point where she is almost passing out, you are taking advantage and its rape. And sorry but I have know many men who drink and if you were at the passing out state you wouldn't be able to rape in the first place (a pretty crucial part of the male anatomy tends to stop functioning.), so no you cannot blame it on the alcohol. " I'm kind of horny and don't want to pass up my first opportunity because a person was somewhat intoxicated." This is called rape and you know you are taking advantage so stop trying to find excuses. The fact of the matter is if your thought is like that is that, then you know the girl would not be interested in you under other circumstances. If she were always interested in you it would not be passing up an opportunity it would be waiting for another time. When you're buzzed you can still know the difference between rape and not rape again you're trying to find excuses. Taking advantage of a sleeping person is also rape. and last but not least, fucking a 13 year old is always rape if you're older than 18, this the law. I sincerely hope you are a troll because I am seriously worried about the women you will surrounding yourself with you seem to be really trying to excuse the fact you want to rape someone.


You misunderstood me. It just seems wrong to me that if a girl gets drunk, than finds out if the guy she had sex with was ugly, calls it rape, yet if he was good looking, let it slide. In other words, whether or not it is rape depends on how she views it. Yet here's the scenario I find myself confronting. I go to a party, and people are drinking. Should I resist any advances merely because they drank? I also like to clear up that I would go for those not nearly passed out, but those conscious. I'm not sure what buzzed is, but I think that's the type of drunkenness I would likely confront at party.

Even though I am not a troll, I did make a little gaffe in my sentences. I am sorry if you feel offended.

What I take from all this is that if I know for certain if a person would have sex with me sober, and they got drunk, it would be okay? Or is having sex with any person who drank alcohol the potential to be called rape?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.