Post Reply Getting over anime
6116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/4/14
Hi, I have been watching anime for a really long time and want to keep watching it. But I am starting to feel more like it is a chore i have already taken a break but every time i try getting into anime again I fail.

Does this happen to you?


Any recommendations?

Thanks
56919 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 12/4/14 , edited 12/4/14
Only watch something if it excites/intrigues you?
6116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/4/14
I watch One Piece and I love it way more than any other anime. But i am starting to loose interest even though i want to maintain it.
214571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 12/4/14 , edited 12/4/14
what animes do you find interesting?
6116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/4/14
I am trying to watch One Piece right now and I loved it
20192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Heroes Associ...
Offline
Posted 12/4/14 , edited 2/12/15

pug800 wrote:

Hi, I have been watching anime for a really long time and want to keep watching it. But I am starting to feel more like it is a chore i have already taken a break but every time i try getting into anime again I fail.

Does this happen to you?


Any recommendations?

Thanks


okay; I have been drinking for the past 3 hours so excuse any incoherent sentences;

I have gone through this phase about 4 times in the past 2 years.

Its normally called an "anime burnout" its when you become completely burnt out and uninterested in anime. This happens with just about anything.

The worst burnout I experienced was in 2013 i think, and i legit stopped watching anime for about 3 months. I finally got back into it because of Kill La Kill which was so unique it reminded me of why i like anime.

The thing about anime is, it can sort of become an addiction. Its almost a form of escapism for some fans (myself included) I watched anime roughly about 4 - 8 hours a day, from the time i got home to the time I went to sleep.

I found the best way to get over this burn out was to take a break from it. I took one week off from anime completely and caught up on a bunch of movies that were in my back log, and then I started watching anime again, however, i didn't start any new series, i re-watched some series that were close to my heart. I re-watched Ao No Exorcist (blue exorcist) and Darker Than Black (two of my favorite shows) and they reminded me of all the things I loved about anime.

I found the main reason of my burnout to be the amount of harems coming out and all the shows with absolutely no plot. It seemed as if I was basically forcing myself to watch anime, and thats NEVER a good thing.

No hobby should feel like a chore.

If you feel like your getting a bit tired of it, simply take a short break and then come back to it. However, come back into it slowly.

I would personally suggest you take a week off from anime and start watching one of your favorite shows and slowly get back into the rhythm. Everything in moderation my friend!

Anime burnout happens to all of us. Some more than others
28205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/4/14
I could never get into fairy tail or one piece watched several episodes of one piece though but the rubber humans just doesn't interest me as much...

I do see how you could get bored of watching something as long as one piece and the others that are lengthy but once you put that many hours into watching something you want to finish it... i just take avoid watching that show for a while watch movies just stay away from it and once the show has moved along several (20+) episodes you might be a little more into it because you want to see what all happened... thats how i approach naruto and even though they have tons of fillers i enjoy it but i do skip a lot and only after going down road and they show some flashback that I go back and watch some that i missed.
88 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/4/14
If you want an anime that will keep you interested and eager to watch the next episode, watch HunterxHunter. It instantly became my new favorite anime of all time. The beginning may seem slow, but it's all for the character development and build up to the darkness and action of the later episodes.
6116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/4/14
Thank you for the help!

But I have already taken a 3 month break and i still am "burned out".

And i still find One Piece very interesting
Posted 12/4/14

AzazelOfNexium wrote:


pug800 wrote:

Hi, I have been watching anime for a really long time and want to keep watching it. But I am starting to feel more like it is a chore i have already taken a break but every time i try getting into anime again I fail.

Does this happen to you?


Any recommendations?

Thanks


okay; I have been drinking for the past 3 hours so excuse any incoherent sentences;

I have gone through this phase about 4 times in the past 2 years.

Its normally called an "anime burnout" its when you become completely burnt out and uninterested in anime. This happens with just about anything.

The worst burnout I experienced was in 2013 i think, and i legit stopped watching anime for about 3 months. I finally got back into it because of Kill La Kill which was so unique it reminded me of why i like anime.

The thing about anime is, it can sort of become an addiction. Its almost a form of escapism for some fans (myself included) I watched anime roughly about 4 - 8 hours a day, from the time i got home to the time I went to sleep.

I found the best way to get over this burn out was to take a break from it. I took one week off from anime completely and caught up on a bunch of movies that were in my back log, and then I started watching anime again, however, i didn't start any new series, i re-watched some series that were close to my heart. I re-watched Ao No Exorcist (blue exorcist) and Darker Than Black (two of my favorite shows) and they reminded me of all the things I loved about anime.

I found the main reason of my burnout to be the amount of harems coming out and all the shows with absolutely no plot. It seemed as if I was basically forcing myself to watch anime, and thats NEVER a good thing.

No hobby should feel like a chore.

If you feel like your getting a bit tired of it, simply take a short break and then come back to it. However, come back into it slowly.

I would personally suggest you take a week off from anime and start watching one of your favorite shows and slowly get back into the rhythm. Everything in moderation my friend!

Anime burnout happens to all of us. Some more than others


damn this is deep
61628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/4/14 , edited 12/4/14

pug800 wrote:
Hi, I have been watching anime for a really long time and want to keep watching it. But I am starting to feel more like it is a chore i have already taken a break but every time i try getting into anime again I fail.

Does this happen to you?


Any recommendations?

Thanks


pug800 wrote:
I watch One Piece and I love it way more than any other anime. But i am starting to loose interest even though i want to maintain it.


sonic720 wrote:
Only watch something if it excites/intrigues you?

Sonic's pretty much got the right idea. only watch an anime if it excites/intrigues you. the same exact thing happened to me a while ago. you know, it is possible to out-grow a series. just because you "used to" love One Piece doesn't mean you will continue to get the same experience with it over time. I went through the same exact thing with a lot of the anime I was watching quite a few years ago. I thought I had just "out-grew" anime, but then there were animes that I could still love and find enjoyment in, even if it was different from the same animes I had been watching before.

basically what you really need to do is broaden your anime horizons and find some different anime that you can enjoy again.
6116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/4/14

aidenraine wrote:


pug800 wrote:
Hi, I have been watching anime for a really long time and want to keep watching it. But I am starting to feel more like it is a chore i have already taken a break but every time i try getting into anime again I fail.

Does this happen to you?


Any recommendations?

Thanks


pug800 wrote:
I watch One Piece and I love it way more than any other anime. But i am starting to loose interest even though i want to maintain it.


sonic720 wrote:
Only watch something if it excites/intrigues you?

Sonic's pretty much got the right idea. only watch an anime if it excites/intrigues you. the same exact thing happened to me a while ago. you know, it is possible to out-grow a series. just because you "used to" love One Piece doesn't mean you will continue to get the same experience with it over time. I went through the same exact thing with a lot of the anime I was watching quite a few years ago. I thought I had just "out-grew" anime, but then there were animes that I could still love and find enjoyment in, even if it was different from the same animes I had been watching before.

basically what you really need to do is broaden your anime horizons and find some different anime that you can enjoy again.



Thank you
10 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/12/15
Hi I wonder if u all have had this feeling were u watch anime and u can't stop thinking about it I'm still kiduf new to anime but I've wonder why do I just can't stop thinking about it any suggestions to stop thinking about it???
You must be logged in to post.