Post Reply Making a vocaloid
4571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 12/8/14
Anyone care to help contribute ideas? Anything would be helpful, even just suggesting software (I can figure out what to do with the software) I would say this is a personal thread, but I plan to take requests after it's made from this community.
690 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/23/14
How to create one? Well I'd imagine you draw one online using any software which allows you to draw and then use someone's voice and distort it to create a new voice. I don't know any specifics but try youtube it's basically video google.
80421 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Asia
Offline
Posted 12/25/14
Do you have the Vocaloid software now? Or are you planning to buy / get one?

4571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 12/25/14

hyukiko wrote:

Do you have the Vocaloid software now? Or are you planning to buy / get one?



Planning to get one
80421 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Asia
Offline
Posted 12/25/14



Planning to get one


I would suggest for you to get the Append versions~ they are much nicer than the first version. Or if you can, wait a while longer for Crypton to fully released the new Vocaloids software. I think it's called V3 or something. The first character to feature under the new software was Megurine Luka, and her voice was much much better - pronunciation and everything.

Which Vocaloid's software you planning to get btw?

4571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 12/25/14

hyukiko wrote:




Planning to get one


I would suggest for you to get the Append versions~ they are much nicer than the first version. Or if you can, wait a while longer for Crypton to fully released the new Vocaloids software. I think it's called V3 or something. The first character to feature under the new software was Megurine Luka, and her voice was much much better - pronunciation and everything.

Which Vocaloid's software you planning to get btw?



Not sure, is there any way to base it off of a voice not in a bank?
80421 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Asia
Offline
Posted 12/25/14


You'll probably need a tuner and use your own singing voice~ and tune the voice, like how some utaite does. I believe rumours has it that Utaite kradness and Utaite reol tunes their voice so that they can go really high notes (?) - but I'm not really sure bout that.

Otherwise, I'm not so sure if there's any other ways~
4571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 12/25/14

hyukiko wrote:



You'll probably need a tuner and use your own singing voice~ and tune the voice, like how some utaite does. I believe rumours has it that Utaite kradness and Utaite reol tunes their voice so that they can go really high notes (?) - but I'm not really sure bout that.

Otherwise, I'm not so sure if there's any other ways~


I'll have to figure that out, I wanna do a vocaloid that sings classic rock
80421 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Asia
Offline
Posted 12/25/14


If you wanna create your own vocaloid....I wouldn't say it's impossible~ just you still either need to buy / get an existing Vocaloid software - and changes his/her voice to your preference (but this in the end of the day ppl would still recognise which Vocaloid you're using)

Or get a voice tuner (I'm not sure how myself) and modify your voice making it sound close enough to a Vocaloid kind of voice or really different from yours~ I'm not quite sure how since...this is my first time seeing anyone thinking to do own Vocaloid ^^
72907 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Offline
Posted 12/28/14
Gumi a best.
9095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F
Offline
Posted 9/28/15
if you want to create a vocaloid with another voice you need to make an utau so you record all of the Japanese syllables
there are three ways to do that
•CV, which stands for "constant vowel". The sounds go under two groups: vowels (a, i, u, e, o) and constant vowels (ka, wa, ru, me, sho, tsu etc.)
VCV, stands for "vowel consonant vowel" but is also known as Triphones/Triphonics. This is a method to make the UTAUloid sound natural in UTAU. You have to record a few sounds in one file and split them up with the help of oto.ini.
Monophones, a.k.a. "monophonics" are phonemes that consist of one sound.
CV VC means "Constant vowel vowel constant" and is similar to VCV, but tends to be easier to create and use. It tends to have more recordings and usually it sounds different than VCV.

then you would need to find a reclist to use depending on the language and way of recording you want
http://www.vocaloidotaku.net/index.php?/topic/4388-useful-reclist-collection-of-hikari-p/
like that

then you need to record all of the sounds and make sure to singthe at the same Pitch (or it will sound very strange)

there's more to it but that's the main part of it and you do not need the vocaloid program you need the utau program any home made vocaloids falls into two categories Utauloid (like Teto) and Pitchloid (like Haku and Neru)
You must be logged in to post.