First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Characters that should've had the lead role
Posted 12/10/14

Gafennec wrote:


SockmyRock wrote:



I would totally not mind that at all, as Yuki was my favorite character in that show


Welcome to my world. I've been saying Yuki was the best character on the show for awhile.




Not that big of an accomplishment though
17735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M /
Offline
Posted 12/10/14

Okocha119 wrote:


Gafennec wrote:

Welcome to my world. I've been saying Yuki was the best character on the show for awhile.




Not that big of an accomplishment though


And your point is?
Posted 12/10/14

Gafennec wrote:


Okocha119 wrote:


Gafennec wrote:

Welcome to my world. I've been saying Yuki was the best character on the show for awhile.




Not that big of an accomplishment though


And your point is?


That Aldnoah Zero doesn't have a lot of good characters? I thought that would be pretty clear. It's not really hard to be a better character than Inaho when the aforementioned doesn't really have much of a character to begin with.
17735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M /
Offline
Posted 12/10/14

Okocha119 wrote:


Gafennec wrote:


Okocha119 wrote:


Gafennec wrote:

Welcome to my world. I've been saying Yuki was the best character on the show for awhile.




Not that big of an accomplishment though


And your point is?


That Aldnoah Zero doesn't have a lot of good characters? I thought that would be pretty clear. It's not really hard to be a better character than Inaho when the aforementioned doesn't really have much of a character to begin with.


I am not a mind reader or a fortune teller. In fact since I do not keep track of what a person likes or dislikes I could only take your comment as directed at me personally. Hence why I asked you to explain yourself. Now that the mystery is cleared up I will give my take on it. I think Inaho was designed from the outset to be an enigma. I am curious as to HOW he got the way he is. You don't like him is fine. I frankly don't care for most of the teeny-bopper crowd. The big exception is Eddelrittuo. But it is a good thing that not everybody likes the same thing. It would be very boring if we all liked the same thing. Besides Baskin-Robbins had 31 flavours of ice cream because not everybody likes vanilla.

63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 12/10/14
It seriously doesn't take much to be a better character than Inaho.

Can you make a facial expression that is more than just ?
If so, good job, you're already better than Inaho.
104009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 12/10/14

Rito2Ru wrote:

It seriously doesn't take much to be a better character than Inaho.

Can you make a facial expression that is more than just ?
If so, good job, you're already better than Inaho.


Remind me to slap you later.

Posted 12/10/14

Gafennec wrote:

I am not a mind reader or a fortune teller. In fact since I do not keep track of what a person likes or dislikes I could only take your comment as directed at me personally.


I thought my intention would be fairly obvious. Well, I'll try to express myself better next time ;)




Hence why I asked you to explain yourself. Now that the mystery is cleared up I will give my take on it. I think Inaho was designed from the outset to be an enigma. I am curious as to HOW he got the way he is. You don't like him is fine.


I never said that I didn't like Inaho personally, I just think that he is a weak character. Personally I quite like a no nonsense protagonist who gets stuff done, I definitely prefer that over the whiny good for nothing who spends 10 minutes of every given episode crying in the corner (NGE, Guilty Crown, Mirai Nikki, Deadman Wonderland and so on). I really wanted to like him as a character as well, but the show gave me nothing to help me in that regard. He has no emotions because stuff. He is an awesome mecha pilot who can outperform trained soldiers with the best available mechs with a training unit because plot. Girls are into him because protagonist. I wouldn't have minded if we actually got some character background or development for him, but we got nothing, nothing at all. Of course, there is still season two coming out, but when your main character is this underdeveloped after your first season ... yeah, that's a problem in my book.




I frankly don't care for most of the teeny-bopper crowd. The big exception is Eddelrittuo.


Well, you can't go wrong with a Loli driving a Hummer




But it is a good thing that not everybody likes the same thing. It would be very boring if we all liked the same thing. Besides Baskin-Robbins had 31 flavours of ice cream because not everybody likes vanilla.


I have literally no idea what that is, I am European But 31 kinds of ice cream do sound pretty great. You are of course completely right.



To get back on topic for a change: Seeing how I already mentioned Mirai Nikki earlier, that show really should have been mostly about Yuno. Then there is the old complaint about how Gohan got his lead role stolen back in Dragonball. Poor Gohan, becoming the strongest person in the universe apparently doesn't mean crap. Then there is the current case of Akame ga Kill, which isn't even properly named. Also, pretty much every character in that show would have been a better lead than the dimwit we got.
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 12/10/14

AnimeKami wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:

It seriously doesn't take much to be a better character than Inaho.

Can you make a facial expression that is more than just ?
If so, good job, you're already better than Inaho.


Remind me to slap you later.



AK pls

Crazy girl who choked the princess could've made a better MC. And I didn't even like her.
104009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 12/10/14

Rito2Ru wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:

It seriously doesn't take much to be a better character than Inaho.

Can you make a facial expression that is more than just ?
If so, good job, you're already better than Inaho.


Remind me to slap you later.



AK pls

Crazy girl who choked the princess could've made a better MC. And I didn't even like her.


I have seen enough anime to know who is or is not a good protagonist.
56908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Planet Sanno
Offline
Posted 12/10/14

Rito2Ru wrote:
Can you make a facial expression that is more than just ?


Objection, Rito! Do you remember why One Punch Man is awesome?
17735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M /
Offline
Posted 12/10/14 , edited 12/10/14

Rito2Ru wrote:

It seriously doesn't take much to be a better character than Inaho.

Can you make a facial expression that is more than just ?
If so, good job, you're already better than Inaho.


There is actually a screencap that shows what I mean about Inaho being an enigma.



There are emotions there and if you can read Inaho than you can see them. Unfortunately we, the audience, are not given the background to understand him better. I think the writers are being clever about his background. But if they keep it up this could come back to bite them BIG time.


Okocha119 wrote:

I thought my intention would be fairly obvious. Well, I'll try to express myself better next time ;)



It's okay. We're doing pretty good since the electronic(text) communication is hard and doubled if one is working with a 2nd language. Your English is fantastic by the way. Mein Deutsch ist aufwand (I think).

.


I never said that I didn't like Inaho personally, I just think that he is a weak character. Personally I quite like a no nonsense protagonist who gets stuff done, I definitely prefer that over the whiny good for nothing who spends 10 minutes of every given episode crying in the corner (NGE, Guilty Crown, Mirai Nikki, Deadman Wonderland and so on). I really wanted to like him as a character as well, but the show gave me nothing to help me in that regard. He has no emotions because stuff. He is an awesome mecha pilot who can outperform trained soldiers with the best available mechs with a training unit because plot. Girls are into him because protagonist. I wouldn't have minded if we actually got some character background or development for him, but we got nothing, nothing at all. Of course, there is still season two coming out, but when your main character is this underdeveloped after your first season ... yeah, that's a problem in my book.


.He can be improved there is no doubt. Inaho thinks outside the box. I agree they should explain Inaho better in the first new episode. Using Yuki would be the best way to do it. in all honesty if certain elements of the show had not caught my interest I probably would have dropped Aldnoah Zero. All three main characters are very weak, but of the three Asseylum is the most excusable since she was created to be the dove caught in the whirlwind. Inaho seems to me to be Spock doing a Kirk from Star Trek. Slaine has me confused big time. I started with sympathy for him, but it has changed to dislike and I suspect we will be expected to change again in the upcoming season. But like Inaho if they don't supply some reasoning for his bizarre actions then I think they will fail big time; at least for me anyways.







Well, you can't go wrong with a Loli driving a Hummer



I don't have a Lolicomplex except maybe to protect them. (Who knew ancient single men can have fatherly feelings?) But I do like her devotion to Asseylum and willingness to die to protect the one in her charge.


Gafennec wrote:
But it is a good thing that not everybody likes the same thing. It would be very boring if we all liked the same thing. Besides Baskin-Robbins had 31 flavours of ice cream because not everybody likes vanilla.




I have literally no idea what that is, I am European But 31 kinds of ice cream do sound pretty great. You are of course completely right.


Sorry about that, Here is a link for a wiki article. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baskin-Robbins I liked them because they had blueberry ice cream which seems rare to find. But yeah everybody liking the same thing is very boring. Give me shades of gray over black and white any day.



To get back on topic for a change: Seeing how I already mentioned Mirai Nikki earlier, that show really should have been mostly about Yuno. Then there is the old complaint about how Gohan got his lead role stolen back in Dragonball. Poor Gohan, becoming the strongest person in the universe apparently doesn't mean crap. Then there is the current case of Akame ga Kill, which isn't even properly named. Also, pretty much every character in that show would have been a better lead than the dimwit we got.


My problem with the OP is how I define secondary character. Look at Clannad: the way I define the characters is thus: Tomoya and Nagisa are the main characters. The rest of the girls are the Main Group. Everybody else is secondary characters. Thus I have a very hard time finding a secondary character who can take over a MC role with the exception of Yuki. And I still think that . . .
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 12/10/14

AnimeKami wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:

It seriously doesn't take much to be a better character than Inaho.

Can you make a facial expression that is more than just ?
If so, good job, you're already better than Inaho.


Remind me to slap you later.



AK pls

Crazy girl who choked the princess could've made a better MC. And I didn't even like her.


I have seen enough anime to know who is or is not a good protagonist.


Stop throwing the stats card around AK.


rcsatcrunchyroll wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:
Can you make a facial expression that is more than just ?


Objection, Rito! Do you remember why One Punch Man is awesome?


But he has style while Inaho only has eggs.
104009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 12/10/14

Rito2Ru wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:

It seriously doesn't take much to be a better character than Inaho.

Can you make a facial expression that is more than just ?
If so, good job, you're already better than Inaho.


Remind me to slap you later.



AK pls

Crazy girl who choked the princess could've made a better MC. And I didn't even like her.


I have seen enough anime to know who is or is not a good protagonist.


Stop throwing the stats card around AK.


rcsatcrunchyroll wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:
Can you make a facial expression that is more than just ?


Objection, Rito! Do you remember why One Punch Man is awesome?


But he has style while Inaho only has eggs.


That is not my intent.

It is a phase. You will go through it one day as well.
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 12/10/14

AnimeKami wrote:

That is not my intent.

It is a phase. You will go through it one day as well.


One day I suppose.
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / MOUNT PAOZU
Offline
Posted 12/10/14

vhunterd wrote:


HANAMINK wrote:

Ichigo in BLEACH should've had the main role? Oh, wait...oh...



You know, I kinda had an idea that after the whole Aizen business eas over, the shoukd hsve switched focus and replace Ichigo as MC. And instead stsrt an adventure following his sister Karin.


LOL, Karin is awesome, though!


Another one, if DBZ was gonna do ANYTHING after Cell, then Gohan should've been MC!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.