First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Akame ga Kill is a ripoff of Samurai 7
39814 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 12/10/14

Melviniammelvin wrote:


Legendzerox wrote:


Melviniammelvin wrote:



Huh? There wasnt really any foreshadowing in the first episode. Tatsumi is most likely dead, just like Mine.




Who had the wooden doll?
2277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 12/10/14

Legendzerox wrote:


Melviniammelvin wrote:


Legendzerox wrote:


Melviniammelvin wrote:



Huh? There wasnt really any foreshadowing in the first episode. Tatsumi is most likely dead, just like Mine.




Who had the wooden doll?


I think it was the old man who gave it to him in episode 1 if not that episode somewhere in the beginning of the series
39814 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 12/10/14 , edited 12/10/14

Melviniammelvin wrote:


Legendzerox wrote:


Melviniammelvin wrote:


Legendzerox wrote:


Melviniammelvin wrote:



Huh? There wasnt really any foreshadowing in the first episode. Tatsumi is most likely dead, just like Mine.




Who had the wooden doll?


I think it was the old man who gave it to him in episode 1 if not that episode somewhere in the beginning of the series


Huh. I need to go back and see it. Maybe the doll took his place? Substitution.
32238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/10/14
I'll note the Samurai7 is a ripoff/tribute of the movie Seven Samurai which has been remade reimaged many many times.
2277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 12/10/14

Legendzerox wrote:


Melviniammelvin wrote:


Legendzerox wrote:


Melviniammelvin wrote:


Legendzerox wrote:


Melviniammelvin wrote:



Huh? There wasnt really any foreshadowing in the first episode. Tatsumi is most likely dead, just like Mine.




Who had the wooden doll?


I think it was the old man who gave it to him in episode 1 if not that episode somewhere in the beginning of the series


Huh. I need to go back and see it. Maybe the doll took his place? Substitution.


Thats a actually a cool theory
25095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Around
Offline
Posted 12/10/14
This is the second thread I've seen that says show X is a better version of Akame ga Kill. Starting to wonder if Akame ga Kill is the new anime to hate? And yes I've seen Samurai 7 and I thought it was a nice watch, but I felt as if it setting was very inconsistent as opposed to Akame ga Kill's. But that just my opinion on the matter.
39814 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 12/10/14

SockmyRock wrote:

This is the second thread I've seen that says show X is a better version of Akame ga Kill. Starting to wonder if Akame ga Kill is the new anime to hate? And yes I've seen Samurai 7 and I thought it was a nice watch, but I felt as if it setting was very inconsistent as opposed to Akame ga Kill's. But that just my opinion on the matter.


I actually have nothing against Akame ga Kill! I actually like the anime adaption and I really could care less if shows have a close setting. Each show is a new experience. I just made this to rustle some jimmies. Didn't work too well.
Posted 12/10/14


I thought this was kind of amateurish, considering we went over the individuals shingu before. This was just unecessary. And oh wow, we need to be told she doesn't know it. What?
39814 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 12/10/14 , edited 12/10/14

Melviniammelvin wrote:


Legendzerox wrote:


Melviniammelvin wrote:


Legendzerox wrote:


Melviniammelvin wrote:


Legendzerox wrote:


Melviniammelvin wrote:



Huh? There wasnt really any foreshadowing in the first episode. Tatsumi is most likely dead, just like Mine.




Who had the wooden doll?


I think it was the old man who gave it to him in episode 1 if not that episode somewhere in the beginning of the series


Huh. I need to go back and see it. Maybe the doll took his place? Substitution.


Thats a actually a cool theory




The wood totem itself is more of a religious symbol and its debatable whether or not the developers actually remembered if Tatsumi was carrying it or not. Also by the text on the image, it suggests that god might help him, not would. Also the role of religion and how much impact it plays on the series, and it doesn't really play a huge one. So Tatsumi getting help from a god is really out there in terms of a consistent story. Although its still possible, see the next picture.


Tatsumi after he "dies" is shining and an essence of some sort is floating into the sky. The significance of this could be interpreted and misenterpreted. One could say he is receiving help from a god, or one could say that Incursio is fading away since Tatsumi died.


One more angle of the blue essence. Personally I wouldn't get our hopes up. If I learned one thing, its that vague deaths are deaths and dead is dead. I really think Tatsumi actually died and the anime itself is gonna end with Akame killing Esdeath and Akame dying from using that one power that turned her eyes black with red pupils.
3095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Internet
Offline
Posted 12/10/14
Lol everyone's talking about the doll right now. Well, the doll is attached to his village and his past just like Sayo and Ieyasu. He never mentioned them for like 15 episodes and I found it interesting how he mentioned his old friends before his death. Idk about that doll thing though even though both the doll and his friends tie back to the first episode. Who knows. Definitely not me since they started deviating from the manga (obviously needed to end it and the manga wasn't going to just finish in 2 weeks lol). I hated what they did with the anime starting episode 20, but now I'm pretty alright with it considering the last episode has been quite entertaining.
39814 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 12/10/14
Everything I said about that, just forget it. I just read the leaked storyboards to episode 24. I just fucking hope that Takahiro doesn't pull the shit that I fucking read in the storyboards. Its fucking horrible. Please manga don't do that.
51197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 12/10/14
I like how this became a speculation topic about what happens in Akame ga Kill and has nothing to do with the OP anymore.
63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 12/10/14

AzazelOfNexium wrote:

Well its not a rip off.

Every series now days is related to a series that came out prior.

You can argue that SAO ripped of .Hack and Log horizon ripped off SAO. But none of them ripped each other off, they just have a similar setting.

A series can be similar and not be a rip off.

I find Akame Ga Kill to be very enjoyable (might not be the best show this season but it is very enjoyable to just sit and watch). If a series is enjoyable why would it matter if it has a similar plot to another good show?


100% with this.
2277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 12/11/14

Legendzerox wrote:


Melviniammelvin wrote:


Legendzerox wrote:


Melviniammelvin wrote:


Legendzerox wrote:


Melviniammelvin wrote:


Legendzerox wrote:


Melviniammelvin wrote:



Huh? There wasnt really any foreshadowing in the first episode. Tatsumi is most likely dead, just like Mine.




Who had the wooden doll?


I think it was the old man who gave it to him in episode 1 if not that episode somewhere in the beginning of the series


Huh. I need to go back and see it. Maybe the doll took his place? Substitution.


Thats a actually a cool theory




The wood totem itself is more of a religious symbol and its debatable whether or not the developers actually remembered if Tatsumi was carrying it or not. Also by the text on the image, it suggests that god might help him, not would. Also the role of religion and how much impact it plays on the series, and it doesn't really play a huge one. So Tatsumi getting help from a god is really out there in terms of a consistent story. Although its still possible, see the next picture.


Tatsumi after he "dies" is shining and an essence of some sort is floating into the sky. The significance of this could be interpreted and misenterpreted. One could say he is receiving help from a god, or one could say that Incursio is fading away since Tatsumi died.


One more angle of the blue essence. Personally I wouldn't get our hopes up. If I learned one thing, its that vague deaths are deaths and dead is dead. I really think Tatsumi actually died and the anime itself is gonna end with Akame killing Esdeath and Akame dying from using that one power that turned her eyes black with red pupils.


I did not notice any of that lol! Really interesting
2277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 12/11/14

Legendzerox wrote:

Everything I said about that, just forget it. I just read the leaked storyboards to episode 24. I just fucking hope that Takahiro doesn't pull the shit that I fucking read in the storyboards. Its fucking horrible. Please manga don't do that.


Oh wow I just read it my face right now
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.