First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Another High School Shooting
48555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 12/12/14
This time in Portland, Oregon. I will never understand why this happens so much in the USA.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/12/us/portland-school-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
Posted 12/12/14
The 2nd amendment is going to be threatened even further.
Posted 12/12/14
Too many guns.
17767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 12/12/14

HuastecoOtaku wrote:

This time in Portland, Oregon. I will never understand why this happens so much in the USA.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/12/us/portland-school-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1



why? 2nd ammendment.

kinda funny considering the 2nd ammendment was made to created a backup military, and therefore all the gun restrictions run contrary to origonal purpose of the 2nd ammendment. go figure.
Posted 12/12/14 , edited 2/3/15
This is why we can't have dangerous things. No self control. I wonder though...America's allowed guns forever. So why so suddenly, are there so many shootings when in the past it wasn't so? Something's gone wrong.

Anyway, in America some are calling for the banning of guns. In other countries, they wish they could have guns and hate how they cannot carry weapons.

No winning >.<
36990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 12/12/14 , edited 2/3/15
It's a societal issue that's fucking up kids so much more every year. Too many broken homes, substance control issues and psychological issues continuing to rise in youth, obsession with social media and the 24 hour news cycle to the point where people don't even experience actual reality away from the internet anymore.

It's easy to blame the second amendment, but these weren't huge issues for the majority of the 223 years that the Bill of Rights have been around.
19132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/12/14 , edited 2/3/15
imo 2nd amendment is obsolete. Fat chance the British (or Canadians) and going to invade us anytime soon.
Posted 12/12/14

bobland wrote:

imo 2nd amendment is obsolete. Fat chance the British (or Canadians) and going to invade us anytime soon.


Aliens though. Aliens.
Posted 12/12/14
48555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 12/12/14

Balzack wrote:

It's a societal issue that's fucking up kids so much more every year. Too many broken homes, substance control issues and psychological issues continuing to rise in youth, obsession with social media and the 24 hour news cycle to the point where people don't even experience actual reality away from the internet anymore.

It's easy to blame the second amendment, but these weren't huge issues for the majority of the 223 years that the Bill of Rights have been around.


other first world countries have the same problems, but you don't see kids shooting up high schools.
Posted 12/12/14

HuastecoOtaku wrote:


Balzack wrote:

It's a societal issue that's fucking up kids so much more every year. Too many broken homes, substance control issues and psychological issues continuing to rise in youth, obsession with social media and the 24 hour news cycle to the point where people don't even experience actual reality away from the internet anymore.

It's easy to blame the second amendment, but these weren't huge issues for the majority of the 223 years that the Bill of Rights have been around.


other first world countries have the same problems, but you don't see kids shooting up high schools.


I don't know, I know a lot of people who come from broken homes, use social media, and like the internet but have never shot up their high school. We as a country like to make excuses when in reality it's two things--

1. Guns are way too easy to obtain.
2. These kids are sick

I play video games, watch violent anime. I'm on the internet, social media, had a messed up childhood. But I've never in a million years felt compelled to spray the hallways of my high school or anywhere with bullets.

It's a sweeping generalization. These kids are just weak that's all.
18036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 12/12/14

AiYumega wrote:


HuastecoOtaku wrote:


Balzack wrote:

It's a societal issue that's fucking up kids so much more every year. Too many broken homes, substance control issues and psychological issues continuing to rise in youth, obsession with social media and the 24 hour news cycle to the point where people don't even experience actual reality away from the internet anymore.

It's easy to blame the second amendment, but these weren't huge issues for the majority of the 223 years that the Bill of Rights have been around.


other first world countries have the same problems, but you don't see kids shooting up high schools.


I don't know, I know a lot of people who come from broken homes, use social media, and like the internet but have never shot up their high school. We as a country like to make excuses when in reality it's two things--

1. Guns are way too easy to obtain.
2. These kids are sick

I play video games, watch violent anime. I'm on the internet, social media, had a messed up childhood. But I've never in a million years felt compelled to spray the hallways of my high school or anywhere with bullets.

It's a sweeping generalization. These kids are just weak that's all.


Weak? Maybe they are just crazy
Posted 12/12/14 , edited 12/14/14


To me, killing innocent people is the weakest and most cowardice thing a person can do. Mentally ill or not, murdering innocent people is weak. I feel for people who have mental health problems, but it doesn't give a free pass to shoot, maim, and decimate random people.

In the US, it's almost cool to have a mental health issue. Check Tumblr or any site for otherwise fine kids with depression, anxiety, eating disorders, etc. They do it because it's glorified now.
65552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Baka Zone
Offline
Posted 12/12/14
I don't think the Second Amendment is the main problem.
It's these teenagers.

"Guns don't kill people, Americans kill people."
1606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Earth
Offline
Posted 12/12/14
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.