First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Crunchyroll not working
Der Zoodirektor
23355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 12/15/14 , edited 12/15/14

Streetuner wrote:

I having the same issues. Videos will not play on either of my ps3's or my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 app. This has been going on for a week with no resolution. I have uninstalled the app on all of my devices, and them reinstalled, no no avail. This is getting old really fast.



bluedevil5 wrote:

Wow, I have been unable to play video for like 2 weeks now on my kindle thinking it was a kindle issue. Based on the DNS issues mentioned here, I changed the DNS on my router to point to Google, and restarted my kindle to flush the DNS. Now it works. My provider is Bright house networks.


See my replies earlier in this thread. This issue is likely caused by your ISP (most likely TWC or an associated reseller, such as Bright House), rather than us.
Der Zoodirektor
23355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 12/16/14
REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE

Would it be possible for some of you TWC customers who have the issue and have not changed to an alternative DNS server to open up the command line tool of windows, run the command "nslookup" and give us the IP number reported there?
17044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / F
Offline
Posted 12/16/14

shinryou wrote:

REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE

Would it be possible for some of you TWC customers who have the issue and have not changed to an alternative DNS server to open up the command line tool of windows, run the command "nslookup" and give us the IP number reported there?


192.168.1.1

Is that what you need?
Der Zoodirektor
23355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 12/16/14

hayesfan wrote:


shinryou wrote:

REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE

Would it be possible for some of you TWC customers who have the issue and have not changed to an alternative DNS server to open up the command line tool of windows, run the command "nslookup" and give us the IP number reported there?


192.168.1.1

Is that what you need?


No, looks like your local network's DNS server got reflected there. Thanks for trying though.
7033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 12/16/14
The DNS fix worked for me.
43014 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/16/14 , edited 12/16/14

shinryou wrote:


hayesfan wrote:


shinryou wrote:

REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE

Would it be possible for some of you TWC customers who have the issue and have not changed to an alternative DNS server to open up the command line tool of windows, run the command "nslookup" and give us the IP number reported there?


192.168.1.1

Is that what you need?


No, looks like your local network's DNS server got reflected there. Thanks for trying though.


The main TimeWarner (RoadRunner) DNS server is 65.32.5.111
isms 
21047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/16/14
209.18.47.61
34024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 12/16/14
Still not working. Great to see they care.
weekww 
26009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/16/14
Why don't you contact TWC and try to work out the problems. They will more likely cooperate with an actual business instead of a few random customers. Also, since the computer version works fine while apps doesn't, there's bound to be some problems with your apps. So instead of telling people there's nothing you can do, why don't you go over your programing and try to come up with something.
The Wise Wizard
99871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 12/16/14 , edited 12/16/14

weekww wrote:

Also, since the computer version works fine while apps doesn't, there's bound to be some problems with your apps.

Apparently you are unaware the Flash streams for the website are served from a different content delivery network (Akamai) than the one used for the device streams (Limelight Networks).

As for your suggest they contact TWC:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-879605/video-player-error-on-iphone5-premium-member?fpid=48732291

weekww 
26009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/16/14
This has been educating. So other services with apps like Netflix and Hulu are okay because they use some other data network? Would it then be possible for Limelight Networks to do any adjustments on their end?
The Wise Wizard
99871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 12/16/14

weekww wrote:

This has been educating. So other services with apps like Netflix and Hulu are okay because they use some other data network? Would it then be possible for Limelight Networks to do any adjustments on their end?

Hulu uses Limelight, but it isn't the only CDN they utilize. Netflix has their own CDN along with the others they utilize.

One reason you'll rarely see streaming problems from the "big boys" is they have a degree of redundancy that CR doesn't (and they have a lot more subscribers to help pay for it).

23019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 12/16/14 , edited 12/16/14
I called TWC and they basically told me they had no reports of any issues with this and suggested I check with Crunchyroll. LOL. I already saw the suggested solutions above, but those did not seem to work for me.
Der Zoodirektor
23355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 12/17/14 , edited 12/17/14

jenbowie wrote:

I called TWC and they basically told me they had no reports of any issues with this and suggested I check with Crunchyroll. LOL. I already saw the suggested solutions above, but those did not seem to work for me.


They are most likely not aware at the home customer support end if a particular host has the wrong IP assigned by their DNS service.
We're already in the process of getting the information to them from our end, but we don't know how quickly they will be able to react, if at all. Under regular circumstances, issues like these usually resolve automatically within like 48 hours. Sadly it's not the case this time around.
54148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / wisconsin USA
Offline
Posted 12/18/14
NK must have thought crunchyroll was sony
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.