Post Reply Bootlegs
Creator/Collector
2483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/14/14
Have you ever gotten a bootleg? If so, how much did you pay for it, and where did you get it?

I have 21 figures, and not yet have a gotten a bootleg. I did get a Nendoroid of Hatsune Miku, and I thought for a while that it was a bootleg, because it was very sticky, and the white flaps on the inside were square. It turned out that I was lucky, and had a first run, 2008 version of the figure, which is why it had those traits.
Member
5070 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / F / secret
Offline
Posted 1/4/15
There is a store near me that has only bootlegs (I'm pretty sure because they don't have the foil sticker)but they are still $35+ so I still just buy real Nendoroids. If they were under 20 I might buy some.
Member
3606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Chicagoland ~
Offline
Posted 1/12/15
I've never gotten a bootleg, even way back when I was just starting out collecting, thankfully. They're so shoddy in quality that it probably set off some alarms when I was first getting some figures at that convention I went to back then that started my collection off. And I was lucky enough not to go to any questionable sites either, but that's probably mostly due to the fact I was glued to a few figure reviewers' pages and they had links in their sidebars about what sites to buy figures from. I'll never understand why people allow those pieces of crap in their collections, especially knowing that it's stealing from the real artists and all the hard work they've put into their creations.
Creator/Collector
2483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/12/15

IshokuOsero wrote:

I've never gotten a bootleg, even way back when I was just starting out collecting, thankfully. They're so shoddy in quality that it probably set off some alarms when I was first getting some figures at that convention I went to back then that started my collection off. And I was lucky enough not to go to any questionable sites either, but that's probably mostly due to the fact I was glued to a few figure reviewers' pages and they had links in their sidebars about what sites to buy figures from. I'll never understand why people allow those pieces of crap in their collections, especially knowing that it's stealing from the real artists and all the hard work they've put into their creations.


Ikr?! I hate when someone is showing their figures, and they have some bootlegs in the middle of it. I don't like that.

My first figure wasn't a bootleg either. Before I bought my first, I didn't have enough money, meaning that I had more time to research. Then when I went to go buy the figure, I was cautious about bootlegs.
Member
313 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Kingdom Hearts
Online
Posted 1/23/15 , edited 1/23/15
i just bought a yuki nagato figme and i worried that she is fake she has this really weird neck joint
Member
10090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Arizona, USA
Offline
Posted 1/26/15
embarrassingly enough, my first figure was a bootleg but ahh... https://nendoroidcuties.wordpress.com/2014/04/13/bootleg-bounty-madoka-kaname-from-puella-magi-madoka-magica/ <-- there's the story and there's some pictures. i can't believe i was so stupid!

but i know where to get OFFICIAL nendoroids now so i'm more careful!
Creator/Collector
2483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/26/15

Boardwalk-Angel wrote:

i just bought a yuki nagato figme and i worried that she is fake she has this really weird neck joint


No she's not fake. That's a normal joint, it's just that you split it apart(not broken). Nagato is figma #001, so her quality might be a little bad.
Member
313 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Kingdom Hearts
Online
Posted 7/17/15
so i just got a summer uniform tsukasa lucky star figma i think she real but her stand has no bubbles in it (my new snow bell miku has no bubble in her stand as well) also the screws in her stand are rusted other than those two thing she seem to be legit what do you guys think?
Member
10407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Dallas
Offline
Posted 7/17/15

Boardwalk-Angel wrote:

so i just got a summer uniform tsukasa lucky star figma i think she real but her stand has no bubbles in it (my new snow bell miku has no bubble in her stand as well) also the screws in her stand are rusted other than those two thing she seem to be legit what do you guys think?


I checked with myfigurecollection there is no known counterfeit for Tsukasa, but there is one for Miku. Compare what you have to the photos.
You must be logged in to post.