Post Reply Can't Find Cardcaptor Sakura on App?
2009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/14/14
As the title says, I can't find this show anywhere on the Crunchyroll Android App (on a Samsung Galaxy Tab), although I know Crunchyroll has it.

Thought I would show my 3 year old sister some anime and see if she enjoys it (partly so we have something to watch together, I'm not a massive fan of Fireman Sam), so if anyone has any other suggestions for anime for a 3 year old girl that would be great. My first thought was Shugo Chara, but the lack of an English dub would make it impossible for her to understand anything.

Thanks very much for your time.
58676 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 12/14/14

Foyfluff wrote:

As the title says, I can't find this show anywhere on the Crunchyroll Android App (on a Samsung Galaxy Tab), although I know Crunchyroll has it.

Thought I would show my 3 year old sister some anime and see if she enjoys it (partly so we have something to watch together, I'm not a massive fan of Fireman Sam), so if anyone has any other suggestions for anime for a 3 year old girl that would be great. My first thought was Shugo Chara, but the lack of an English dub would make it impossible for her to understand anything.


If you're not in one of the Canada, the U.S. or it's territories, you may not have access to the show. If you are in the allowed regions, you should check to make sure the site is correctly identifying your country by visiting the /contact form on PC and your device, and looking at the Detected country at the bottom of the form. If the information is not correct, you should log out of the website/app on both devices, clear your cookies/cache, log back in, and see if that correctly identifies your country.
2009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/14/14

eyeofpain

If you're not in one of the Canada, the U.S. or it's territories, you may not have access to the show. If you are in the allowed regions, you should check to make sure the site is correctly identifying your country by visiting the /contact form on PC and your device, and looking at the Detected country at the bottom of the form. If the information is not correct, you should log out of the website/app on both devices, clear your cookies/cache, log back in, and see if that correctly identifies your country.


Hi there, thanks for your reply but I live in the UK and Crunchyroll recognises this fact and allows me to watch it on the desktop site. Any other recommendations?
17281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / In the corner wat...
Online
Posted 12/14/14
Sometimes I have trouble finding certain anime via the app search. What I do is go onto the Desktop site, and add it to my Queue and then watch it from the apps.

See if that helps? =)
2009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/14/14

Demonskid wrote:

Sometimes I have trouble finding certain anime via the app search. What I do is go onto the Desktop site, and add it to my Queue and then watch it from the apps.

See if that helps? =)


I've tried this also, it just doesn't appear in the queue on the app, although other anime will (I tested with an episode of Sword Art Online II). I've also tried going to the site on the tablet, but that doesn't display any videos.
The Wise Wizard
100935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 12/14/14 , edited 12/14/14

Foyfluff wrote:

Hi there, thanks for your reply but I live in the UK and Crunchyroll recognises this fact and allows me to watch it on the desktop site. Any other recommendations?

You simply shouldn't be able to view the series if you are in the UK. From the announcement of the series:

Territories: USA & Canada

When you say "...and Crunchyroll recognises this fact...", have you indeed verified it lists your "Detected Country:" correctly on the Contact Us page?

I've checked the media restriction tag for the series, and only the codes the for US (and US territories) and Canada are listed.


2009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/14/14

TheAncientOne wrote:


Foyfluff wrote:

Hi there, thanks for your reply but I live in the UK and Crunchyroll recognises this fact and allows me to watch it on the desktop site. Any other recommendations?

You simply shouldn't be able to view the series if you are in the UK. From the announcement of the series:

Territories: USA & Canada

When you say "...and Crunchyroll recognises this fact...", have you indeed verified it lists your "Detected Country:" correctly on the Contact Us page?

I've checked the media restriction tag for the series, and only the codes the for US (and US territories) and Canada are listed.




Ah, you're correct. I had a proxy extension running in chrome on my computer from when I was watching an episode of South Park last week, it had remained active the entire time making Crunchyroll believe that my connection was from America. I later switched this off before I checked whether or nor Crunchyroll knew where I was, skewing my results slightly

Thank you very much for your help, looks like watching this on the tablet just isn't going to happen which is a shame. Between the lack of an English dub for Shugo Chara being made and no Studio Ghibli films on Crunchyroll, I'm a bit at a loss as to what I can show my sister, but no matter, I'll just have to have a look around.

Thank you very much for your help.
You must be logged in to post.