Post Reply Queue not refreshing after app update.
5008 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Brisbane, QLD
Offline
Posted 12/21/14 , edited 12/21/14
Ever since the new app update, my queue is no longer refreshing itself. Logging out and back in does not fix the problem. Also, rotating the screen sideways while watching a video will also cause the video to do multiple 360 degree spins before correcting itself. This is on iOS 8 on an iPhone 6.
45007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/21/14
I'm having the same problems on an iPad Air with iOS 7
7242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 12/28/14
Same on iPhone 5C with iOS 8. I think it has something to do with the most recent update, as I didn't have these bugs before.
8330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Bristol, United K...
Offline
Posted 12/29/14
It's the same on my Ipad air and Iphone 5C...It must be the updates
12 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/29/14
It's the same for me too and I thought it was because of my account so I made this new one but it still happens and hope they fix it.
22034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Florida
Offline
Posted 1/3/15
This new update for iOS literally broke the syncing for your queue. You used to be able to watch an episode and if you watch it on Apple TV you would see your progress and it would forward over from Apple TV to iPhone & Vice versa. Is there anyway to get the older app back.
13215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Online
Posted 1/25/15 , edited 1/25/15
This seems to be on ongoing problem with no reply from CR...

If I hear a "We are aware of the problem and are working on it" after nearly a month... I will lock myself in my room... throw a temper tantrum that no one can hear... and grumble to myself while continuing to use your service.

I have not had the problem of video progression status not syncing with my apple tv.... but i do have a problem with it between my iphone 5 and ipad 2 w/ ret. The issue I am seeing with my apple tv... is that the app will not progress to the next episode automatically and playing from the queue does not go to the next episode, but the one i just watched... getting really annoying.

So to back up what other people are requesting... please stop making new CR apps for new devices and fix the ones that are currently bugging out!!!

Not only that... but I know what we've been asking for a Windows 8 release for even longer than most other requests... and we keep being ignored... So, when you fix the bugs... please work on Windows 8 next. After all... Netflix had no problem releasing a Win8 app for us.
The Wise Wizard
100935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 1/25/15

jmeyer1980 wrote:

After all... Netflix had no problem releasing a Win8 app for us.

Netflix has access to just a wee bit more revenue and resources than CR. It currently has over 57 million subscribers worldwide vs. around 400,000 for CR.

To put that into perspective, if only 0.8% of Netflix subscribers used a Windows 8 app, that would be more people using it than if every CR subscriber used it.

13215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Online
Posted 1/25/15

TheAncientOne wrote:


jmeyer1980 wrote:

After all... Netflix had no problem releasing a Win8 app for us.

Netflix has access to just a wee bit more revenue and resources than CR. It currently has over 57 million subscribers worldwide vs. around 400,000 for CR.

To put that into perspective, if only 0.8% of Netflix subscribers used a Windows 8 app, that would be more people using it than if every CR subscriber used it.



... seriously? I honestly don't really care about the statistics... If you have time to figure all of that out... what are the statics when you compare Apple TV users and those who own windows 8? For that matter... how many windows 8 users have the new Chrome TV stick, or whatever it's called that CR devs decided to prioritize over making a Windows 8 app??? And how many of them would be using Netflix and NOT Crunchyroll... the use of those statistics really had no place in the argument, if you take everything into consideration.

Secondly... why is it always you that makes these replies to my posts... if you don't like my comments... ignore them. I am starting to think that you have it out for me when I am only stressing my opinion. My personal opinions don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the general population as a whole. After all... I was only trying to remind the devs that there have been requests for a Windows 8 app for over a year now... and yet they choose to make apps for everything except Windows 8... Yes, we can use the web browser for it... but again... if Netflix can do it... so can CR. Even with those statistics. They released an XBOX 1 app... didn't they? (I may be mistaken there.)
The Wise Wizard
100935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 1/26/15 , edited 1/26/15

jmeyer1980 wrote:

... seriously? I honestly don't really care about the statistics... If you have time to figure all of that out... what are the statics when you compare Apple TV users and those who own windows 8? For that matter... how many windows 8 users have the new Chrome TV stick, or whatever it's called that CR devs decided to prioritize over making a Windows 8 app??? And how many of them would be using Netflix and NOT Crunchyroll... the use of those statistics really had no place in the argument, if you take everything into consideration.

You may not care about those statistics, but they explain why Netflix could afford to do an app for your toaster if it had a screen and an internet connection, while CR has to pick their battles.

As for "time to figure that out", you mean the ~30 seconds for a quick Google search to verify Netflix's current subscriber total and pull up the calculator and divide two numbers?

One big difference between Windows 8 and Apple TV is that the former could always view CR without an app.



Secondly... why is it always you that makes these replies to my posts... if you don't like my comments... ignore them. I am starting to think that you have it out for me when I am only stressing my opinion. My personal opinions don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the general population as a whole. After all... I was only trying to remind the devs that there have been requests for a Windows 8 app for over a year now... and yet they choose to make apps for everything except Windows 8... Yes, we can use the web browser for it... but again... if Netflix can do it... so can CR. Even with those statistics. They released an XBOX 1 app... didn't they? (I may be mistaken there.)

You make it sound like I'm stalking you, but I honestly didn't even recognize your username. I thought perhaps I had been replying to you a lot lately, so I checked my posts, and except for my earlier post here, I didn't find a single reply to you in 25 pages of results.

I make replies to your posts because you are commenting in a public forum, which means anyone reading your post has a right to comment on what you say. If you expect only people that agree with you should be able to comment, you should look up what the term "forum" means. If someone breaks the rules, you report them to a moderator, but if they aren't, you don't get to pick and chose what responses you want.

Yes, CR could do a Windows 8 app, but the question is, should they? It only makes sense if it would either gain them enough new subscribers or retain enough current ones that otherwise might leave to more than cover the cost. If they were going to do it, it would have made sense to do so earlier, not now when Windows 8 will be replaced with Windows 10 by year end.

13215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Online
Posted 1/26/15 , edited 1/26/15

TheAncientOne wrote:


jmeyer1980 wrote:

... seriously? I honestly don't really care about the statistics... If you have time to figure all of that out... what are the statics when you compare Apple TV users and those who own windows 8? For that matter... how many windows 8 users have the new Chrome TV stick, or whatever it's called that CR devs decided to prioritize over making a Windows 8 app??? And how many of them would be using Netflix and NOT Crunchyroll... the use of those statistics really had no place in the argument, if you take everything into consideration.

You may not care about those statistics, but they explain why Netflix could afford to do an app for your toaster if it had a screen and an internet connection, while CR has to pick their battles.

As for "time to figure that out", you mean the ~30 seconds for a quick Google search to verify Netflix's current subscriber total and pull up the calculator and divide two numbers?

One big difference between Windows 8 and Apple TV is that the former could always view CR without an app.



Secondly... why is it always you that makes these replies to my posts... if you don't like my comments... ignore them. I am starting to think that you have it out for me when I am only stressing my opinion. My personal opinions don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the general population as a whole. After all... I was only trying to remind the devs that there have been requests for a Windows 8 app for over a year now... and yet they choose to make apps for everything except Windows 8... Yes, we can use the web browser for it... but again... if Netflix can do it... so can CR. Even with those statistics. They released an XBOX 1 app... didn't they? (I may be mistaken there.)

You make it sound like I'm stalking you, but I honestly didn't even recognize your username. I thought perhaps I had been replying to you a lot lately, so I checked my posts, and except for my earlier post here, I didn't find a single reply to you in 25 pages of results.

I make replies to your posts because you are commenting in a public forum, which means anyone reading your post has a right to comment on what you say. If you expect only people that agree with you should be able to comment, you should look up what the term "forum" means. If someone breaks the rules, you report them to a moderator, but if they aren't, you don't get to pick and chose what responses you want.

Yes, CR could do a Windows 8 app, but the question is, should they? It only makes sense if it would either gain them enough new subscribers or retain enough current ones that otherwise might leave to more than cover the cost. If they were going to do it, it would have made sense to do so earlier, not now when Windows 8 will be replaced with Windows 10 by year end.



I'm not going to take the time to quote separate pieces of what you've stated here or split it up... I'm on my iPad.

No, I'm not claiming you're stalking me... The last time you took the liberty of your rights to comment on my opinions, it was in response to how I believe CR needs to step up their game if they want to beat fan subs. That was a LOVELY conversation. One that I felt did not need to be repeated here in this specific thread. Your responses lead me to believe that you think I'm a child who needs to be taught how the world works... When businesses should really be rethinking their policies.

The whole point of my comment is not to argue statistics and corporate policy... But customer satisfaction. I am always about customer satisfaction... Even if it soaks up a little profit. If no one had expressed the desire for a windows 8 app... Then I wouldn't be bringing it up again. But it was, in fact, brought up... And completely ignored. That is a problem. Specially since it wouldn't take much to make a windows app at all... Or at least make the website more... Man... Never mind. It will just be ignored anyway, right? That's the kind of service record I'm complaining about. With $2,796,000 a month from the 400k subs you mentioned, I don't think asking for windows 8/10 being prioritized isn't too much to ask!
elux72 
23492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/27/15
I've begun to record my queue statistics manually, in the iOS Notes app. Every time I watch an episode, I'll note the number of the 'next-to-watch' episode in my list. I've also created Calendar alerts for all of my current simulcasts, since notifications don't work, and haven't for a dog's age. Perhaps these problems will be fixed, or perhaps not, but I'm pretty much at the stage where I don't care anymore. I'm just moving onward with my viewing activities.

As a side note, I also have to do the same things for my Funimation 'queue'.
5379 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Toronto, Canada
Online
Posted 1/27/15 , edited 1/27/15
I have the same problem. When I watch an episode on my iPad app, it won't q up my next episode properly. Then when I watch the next episode, it will update, as if its updating but lagging behind one episode. It's quite annoying.

I learned how to fix it, it seems that the app is reading your watched history off of the CR website, so the app must be failing to send the data to the CR website, I know because I'll watch a few episodes while out and about, but when I get home and use my PC those episodes that I watched were not counted as watched... ANYWAYS, if you use the website to quickly breeze through the episode by clicking the progress bar and letting it play for at least 1 second between each click it will count the episode as watched when you reach the end. Then, it will update properly on your iOS device.

Please CR, I know you're busy and awesome, but lets squash some bugs.
elux72 
23492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/27/15
I never watch on the site; the only thing I use the site for is the forum. Still, good for you if you've found a workaround. As I said above, I'll be soldiering on, assuming the player continues to work well (which it has thus far).
You must be logged in to post.