First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Illegal to have sex if you have HIV AIDS MRSA etc
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 2/3/08

mustakrakish wrote:

uhhh kinda a stupid question first of all its not illegal to have sex (dont bring rape into the conversation plz) and second you cant no for sure if you have aids or any of that jazz until a certain time for the simple reason of the virus pretty much time activated and if you question yourself get checked periodically...


Good thing you mentioned, this. AIDS is a virus, and has what's called an Incubation Period. I'm not exactly sure of the period, but I know it falls within the order of months. Good luck screening people who are in their incubation period.
115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Dayton, Ohio USA
Offline
Posted 2/3/08
It already is illegal in most places to knowingly infect someone with HIV AIDS, and people can and have been prosecuted.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1699385,00.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_transmission_of_HIV
"knowingly" is the operative word. If you don't know you have it there is no crime.
1836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
77 / M / NJ, USA
Offline
Posted 2/3/08

edsamac wrote:

^ I throw the question back at you... How do you know for sure that someone isn't telling a lie when they said they "didn't know that they had AIDS"?



well you should be a lawyer for those scumbags that knowingly infect people with the virus. hope your proud of yourself.
950 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / San Antonio, Texas
Offline
Posted 2/3/08

edsamac wrote:


mustakrakish wrote:

uhhh kinda a stupid question first of all its not illegal to have sex (dont bring rape into the conversation plz) and second you cant no for sure if you have aids or any of that jazz until a certain time for the simple reason of the virus pretty much time activated and if you question yourself get checked periodically...


Good thing you mentioned, this. AIDS is a virus, and has what's called an Incubation Period. I'm not exactly sure of the period, but I know it falls within the order of months. Good luck screening people who are in their incubation period.


Actually, it can range. It can decide to fuck you over in days or it can go on being in it's "hibernating " stage for life. It's really whenever the virus decides theres nothing on TV anymore and that your body is boring, and just gets up and decides ," Hey...I'm bored, this Dawsons Creek episode is a Rerun and I'm sick of your music television that no longer shows music...so I'm just gonna start to kill you now"
1836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
77 / M / NJ, USA
Offline
Posted 2/3/08
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 2/3/08
^ Wow... nice find. What would you like now, a cookie?

I'm not defending people who have aids and knowingly infect other people ~ I'm just saying the feasibility of it all doesn't make sense. So amusing that it just so happened to be a South African Vs. the Australian court. It just raises my eyebrows thinking about how this all went down...
536 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M
Offline
Posted 2/3/08

zombiexmylove wrote:


Onerain wrote:

They are criminals, Sinners in the eyes of god. let them be punished so.


What?

Where does it say that in the bible?


Along with all other kinds of sexual immorality, sex before marriage / premarital sex is repeatedly condemned in Scripture (Acts 15:20; Romans 1:29; 1 Corinthians 5:1; 6:13,18; 7:2; 10:8; 2 Corinthians 12:21; Galatians 5:19; Ephesians 5:3; Colossians 3:5; 1 Thessalonians 4:3; Jude 7). The Bible promotes abstinence before marriage. Sex before marriage is just as wrong as adultery and other forms of sexual immorality, because they all involve having sex with someone you are not married to. Sex between a husband and his wife is the only form of sexual relations that God approves of (Hebrews 13:4).
1836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
77 / M / NJ, USA
Offline
Posted 2/3/08

edsamac wrote:

^ Wow... nice find. What would you like now, a cookie?

I'm not defending people who have aids and knowingly infect other people ~ I'm just saying the feasibility of it all doesn't make sense. So amusing that it just so happened to be a South African Vs. the Australian court. It just raises my eyebrows thinking about how this all went down...


hey dude, it wasn't hard to find these cases......
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/archive/index.php/t-59355.html
http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=44351
http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2005/12/jury_finds_bc_man_guilty_of_sp.php
536 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M
Offline
Posted 2/3/08

edsamac wrote:


Onerain wrote:

They are criminals, Sinners in the eyes of god. let them be punished so.


Yeah? So a man and his wife, both of which are devout catholics, both infected by aids, are sinners in the eyes of god?


News flash ~ we're all sinners. Don't throw morality into this debate.



Further more, what if he/she received AIDS through non sexual means? You can get AIDS through basically any type of inadvertent fluid exchange. Use of an unsterilized needle for blood sampling is one of the most common means of inadvertent, AIDS transfer morbidities, and it happens more often than you think.



Then i will pity /him or her and what you have indicated only stands for 2% in the international statistics for HIV infected. We are not saints but ave ever tried not to commit any of the major sins in the bible?
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 2/3/08
^ Then what you're saying is a foot in the door. Do you think individuals who engage in acts of sexual promiscuity are to be damned on the spot? Quite frankly, you can name whatever biblical passages to refute the engagement of sexual acts, but you fail to recognize the very human act of sin, itself. It is a sinful act ~ that's a given ~ but who are we to place judgement and damnation over them?

I've come to meet a very forgiving God in scripture, not one that is stringent and unaffected by the fact that his children are suffering. The parable of the Prodigal Son is perhaps THE most cliched scripture, but certainly not the least truthful, account on the immeasurable forgiveness of a loving God.


I won't go to the extent of damning these people. For all I know, they will realize their err and turn to God. At least that's how a Christian SHOULD think.




HypnoSurf22 wrote:


edsamac wrote:

^ Wow... nice find. What would you like now, a cookie?

I'm not defending people who have aids and knowingly infect other people ~ I'm just saying the feasibility of it all doesn't make sense. So amusing that it just so happened to be a South African Vs. the Australian court. It just raises my eyebrows thinking about how this all went down...


hey dude, it wasn't hard to find these cases......
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/archive/index.php/t-59355.html
http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=44351
http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2005/12/jury_finds_bc_man_guilty_of_sp.php




Okay, I get your point. However, I hate seeing this as more reason for people to pre-judge individuals who are infected with the virus as "scum" of society.

More than just scum, many of them are victims. It isn't hard for me to understand how someone who has the disease is easily thrown into a state of insanity by wishing to take down many others with him. However, legislation against these people will simply promote misunderstanding and ridicule.

I, for one, am not open to such a state of affairs, especially if I am to become a doctor. So peace, man, but I have no intention of becoming a lawyer.
15332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/3/08
shldnt be illegal...they are humans also
1836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
77 / M / NJ, USA
Offline
Posted 2/3/08

astralmage wrote:

shldnt be illegal...they are humans also


man, are you kidding me? would you say the same thing if someone who knew they had AIDS gave it to you?
562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / F / philippines
Offline
Posted 2/3/08
It should be an UNSPOKEN LAW that if a person knows that she/he has AIDS... spreading ( well thru sexual intercouse) it won't prolong one's longevity, so please do not go fuckin' other people just because you felt bitter or wanted to get even.
1028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 2/3/08
Wow, stupid thread.

Banning sex for people who have aids? Why don't you guys shot them in the head while you're at it. Most of you can't even differentiate between laws, and social ethics. Big words coming from a bunch of kids.
15332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/3/08

HypnoSurf22 wrote:


astralmage wrote:

shldnt be illegal...they are humans also


man, are you kidding me? would you say the same thing if someone who knew they had AIDS gave it to you?


y cant 1 aids and another aids do it?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.