First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Moe = Softcore Lolicon?
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 12/24/14
loli ≠ moe

I mean, you can have one and the other but one does not imply the other in terms of a generalization.
1534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/24/14
People with very limited unterstanding of another culture misunderstand a part of it.....whats new here?
Posted 12/24/14

bathroom64 wrote:

"I'm still at 70%".


lool, detain the dangerous
17765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 12/24/14
well, lolicon is not moe, and loli is not moe, either. and lolicon is not loli.

"to observe the budding sexuality of pre-teen and teen-age girls from a discreet remove." i kinda agree with in a lot of anime. a lot of anime tries to capture that new world feel back when we were more innocent and life was new. holding a girls hand for the first time, that first kiss. back when holding a pair of panties ment something, not just 'damn it, she for got to put the wet clothes in the dryer."

but thats just me.

Guardian of A/M/P
65278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 12/24/14

cay032692 wrote:


bathroom64 wrote:


cay032692 wrote:
Oh euthenasia, youth in asia. With any luck 2015 might bring in purge, to all above

No need! Declining birth rates, remember?




Looks like an Asian Colonel Sanders. "LAWL"
56915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 12/24/14

AnimeKami wrote:
You westerners entertain me to no end...


My reaction to this thread...



Though it also amuses me how far off the person who wrote the article is with moe.
3571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M
Offline
Posted 12/24/14

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Stop persecuting others for liking what you don't like. That's my pet peeve.

Edit: I called you a douche because frankly I thought your back was turned and I didn't care about your feelings. Sorry about that.


Well I never really got insulted by this, I threw that in just to make a point. The point was calling people douchbags because they don't agree with you is no different from what you were complaining about. So no worries there...

As for persecuting people? I never thought of myself as doing this to anyone, to me I took that as attention wanting drama queening. It appears there are multiple definitions for the term Lolicon. The general definition that most people know is that it refers to pedophile/or pervert. Pervert is more like an umbrella term that can cover many things and probably can be most misinterpreted.

Then there seems to be how you define it, which I'm not entirely sure how that is but I don't think your definition of Lolicon falls under the common understanding. This is why I disagree


Neon9000 wrote:

No they're not. And you are a douchebag for thinking so. Are people who play call of duty muderers? Are people who play grand theft auto theifs. Are people who ship a character with their teacher having a relationship with their own teacher. Are people who root for the villains evil in real life? 90% of the time the answer to all of these is no.


I don't think these examples are very good either, as they mean nothing and have no real point here.

Just to make myself a bit clearer, liking Lolis in general does not make you a Lolicon. They're meant to be seen as awwwwwwww, I think there is a fine line between awwwwww and awww yeah though.
The Wise Wizard
100935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 12/24/14

GoldTStar wrote:

Primula, the one from an eroge isn't portrayed sexually, but my girl Yukari is (well, she is).

One exception might be that scene where she gets caught in the rain and it becomes quite obvious to Rin (and anyone viewing) that she doesn't wear a bra.

56915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 12/24/14

TheAncientOne wrote:

GoldTStar wrote:
Primula, the one from an eroge isn't portrayed sexually, but my girl Yukari is (well, she is).

One exception might be that scene where she gets caught in the rain and it becomes quite obvious to Rin (and anyone viewing) that she doesn't wear a bra.


Primula is



Not sure where that factors into this whole "loli" debate.
34037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 12/24/14

TheAncientOne wrote:


GoldTStar wrote:

Primula, the one from an eroge isn't portrayed sexually, but my girl Yukari is (well, she is).

One exception might be that scene where she gets caught in the rain and it becomes quite obvious to Rin (and anyone viewing) that she doesn't wear a bra.



Was that scene in the anime? My memories on it are a bit hazy since it was the first anime I watched (knowing what anime was.) I ask this because if it was then I have to change my example.
56915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 12/24/14

dwilson2000 wrote:
Was that scene in the anime? My memories on it are a bit hazy since it was the first anime I watched (knowing what anime was.) I ask this because if it was then I have to change my example.


Yes, look at her profile page here:

http://shuffle.wikia.com/wiki/Primula

There's a screencap of it from the anime there at the bottom.
81877 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 12/24/14
I didn't watch Rabbit Cafe because I'm into little girls.
37527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 12/24/14
So a lolicon is a Japanese term for a person who is attracted to (female) real life minors...what is a term we can give to anime fans who like (in terms of both moe and sexual attraction) loli characters, but strictly draws the line between anime lolis and real life minors? A 'loli fan'? Just 'someone who likes lolis'? (Yes, I know, there are those who like lolis without any of it being sexual)

Because until recently (when lolicon was defined to me), I was just calling any anime fan that has the hots for loli characters 'lolicons'.
The Wise Wizard
100935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 12/24/14 , edited 12/24/14

dwilson2000 wrote:

Was that scene in the anime? My memories on it are a bit hazy since it was the first anime I watched (knowing what anime was.) I ask this because if it was then I have to change my example.

Aside from the image sonic720 referenced, I also had a screencap I had made with the the idea of making a mot (something like "Instant fanservice - just add water"). The one I have would have needed a bit of censoring first, however, as color of her nipples are visible.

It has been quite a while since I viewed Shuffle but it is clearly from the anime, as it has the Funimation watermark in the corner, and I also captured the progress bar in the screen shot, showing it was at 13:30/24:42 in the timeline.

Looking through the episode list at Wikipedia, however, I would bet a good chunk of change that it is from episode 6.

40325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 12/24/14

Demimaelstrom wrote:

I didn't watch Rabbit Cafe because I'm into little girls.


Don't lie to me.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.