First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply What's the true meaning of New Years?
Posted 12/26/14

zarakijorge wrote:


Fuddbender wrote:

I don't celebrate new years. Don't watch the NYC ball drop.

I'd go to a firework show if there was one around me though.

Edit: The whole resolution thing really is dumb to me. If you want something to be different don't wait for the calendar year to flip over. Make the change Immediately.




^ What that dude said at the end. If you want a change, you make it. Anyone that needs the excuse of a new year to attempt to make a change is a fucking pussy. Bwahahaha! Changes happen at occurrences of intense willpower and resolves, not IMMEDIATELY AT THE END OF THE YEAR. Even the words "New Year's Resolution" is for inbred dumbfucks and/or children. It's the same a santa. A bad joke. Do what you want, change what you want...if you need some big debacle and change to make it happen, you suck ass.

Face down in brown grass. Shame, shame on my brown ass.


I notice your posts are full of vulgarities and such. Just saying. In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with it. People see as "Hey, a brand new year! What can I do to be a better me than last year?" Instead of "Hey, I'll just wait till New Years to become a better person!" Some people take advantage of the new year to reflect on what they have done this year, and how to make next year better.

People usually don't respect people who curse like sailors.
Posted 12/26/14

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

People usually don't respect people who curse like sailors.


Let people let out their frustration like that. I don't want to be stabbed by some stranger.
Posted 12/26/14

Riesel wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

People usually don't respect people who curse like sailors.


Let people let out their frustration like that. I don't want to be stabbed by some stranger.


Just an etiquette rule. People need to manage their frustration better.
Posted 12/26/14

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Just an etiquette rule. People need to manage their frustration better.


No they don't. The fuller the bottles the worst for us walkerby's.
Posted 12/26/14

Riesel wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Just an etiquette rule. People need to manage their frustration better.


No they don't. The fuller the bottles the worst for us walkerby's.


Then perhaps some therapy. Telling someone to curse to ventilate their frustration to the point of random attacks on passebyers is simply ludicrous. You need help at that point. Or to manage your frustration better. Some studies say that inadequate amounts of cursing can lead to higher levels of aggression.
Posted 12/26/14

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Some studies say that inadequate amounts of cursing can lead to higher levels of aggression.


I just found myself in a discussion I give no crap about lol.

Exactly. People are animals. No use to keep denying it.
28837 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Inside the Black...
Offline
Posted 12/26/14
Ehhh! I usually use the CR forums as my venting post when I get really drunk and angry. Which is a lot these days. (I should probably see to that, actually...) Also, I stopped trying to act any way but completely devil-may-care on the internet a long time ago. It's...the internet; I don't care if people don't 'respect me' on here because I'll never meet any of you in person and even if I did, neither of us would know it because I don't act anywhere near anything like this when I'm out 'n about. The internet usually brings out the worst in people... Then again I've been tainted for a lonnnnng time. Riesel knows whats up. Stop giving so many shits, Peripheral! Bwahaha.

Posted 12/26/14

Riesel wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Some studies say that inadequate amounts of cursing can lead to higher levels of aggression.


I just found myself in a discussion I give no crap about lol.

Exactly. People are animals. No use to keep denying it.


Where have I stated that I denied it? People are not animals. We have been imbued with self control. Cursing does not help to negate much if you do it 24/7.
Posted 12/26/14

zarakijorge wrote:

Ehhh! I usually use the CR forums as my venting post when I get really drunk and angry. Which is a lot these days. (I should probably see to that, actually...) Also, I stopped trying to act any way but completely devil-may-care on the internet a long time ago. It's...the internet; I don't care if people don't 'respect me' on here because I'll never meet any of you in person and even if I did, neither of us would know it because I don't act anywhere near anything like this when I'm out 'n about. The internet usually brings out the worst in people... Then again I've been tainted for a lonnnnng time. Riesel knows whats up. Stop giving so many shits, Peripheral! Bwahaha.



I only acted out of concern. Certainly you know better than to curse frequently and unnecessarily in real life. Glad to see that you do. Was about to lose even more faith in humanity.
Posted 12/26/14 , edited 12/26/14

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

People are not animals.


Putting icing sugar doesn't make it a sweet per se.

You must be one of the most reasonable person I've met.
Posted 12/26/14
repeat the cycle... lol i kid.

wow, new year. this is so cool. it's raining right now and and and..

" I can feel it coming in the air tonight"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkADj0TPrJA
4502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Online
Posted 12/26/14
Another day.
5992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 12/26/14
It's something to be celebrated. I know of someone who doesn't have that luxury anymore
7108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Missouri
Offline
Posted 12/26/14
It's different for everyone, for me its a new year and a time to reflect back on the past year
26821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Chicago, IL
Offline
Posted 12/26/14
A new year starts a new chapter.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.