First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply turn american shows into anime?
79068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ATX
Offline
Posted 12/29/14 , edited 12/29/14

ParadoxSpiral wrote:

they already turned Supernatural into an anime


yes and no. it is anime but it is only a movie. plus i also said don't make the characters look like their actors.... make them more cute like in those harem ecchi style of drawing
8894 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Baltimore, Maryland
Online
Posted 12/29/14

latinaloverTX wrote:


ParadoxSpiral wrote:

they already turned Supernatural into an anime


yes and no. it is anime but it is only a movie.


it's a 22 episode series lol
79068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ATX
Offline
Posted 12/29/14 , edited 12/29/14

ParadoxSpiral wrote:


latinaloverTX wrote:


ParadoxSpiral wrote:

they already turned Supernatural into an anime


yes and no. it is anime but it is only a movie.


it's a 22 episode series lol


seriously? O.O i thought it was a movie.....well also the problem is the drawings...it looked weird. one of the things to make a great anime is the characters looks. do you like supernatural the tv show?
4153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 12/29/14 , edited 12/29/14

latinaloverTX wrote:

what do you think which american shows that can turn into a anime but still can be good. for me i think friends and everybody love raymond can be great if they do it correctly and go by every episode.


I don't want to sound so negative but NO, friends was great the way it was and also the actors had a great influence in the popularity and greatness of the show
79068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ATX
Offline
Posted 12/29/14 , edited 12/29/14

Siawo wrote:


latinaloverTX wrote:

what do you think which american shows that can turn into a anime but still can be good. for me i think friends and everybody love raymond can be great if they do it correctly and go by every episode.


I don't want to sound so negative but NO, friends was great the way it was and also the actors had a great influence in the popularity and greatness of the show


really the actors? i didn't knew who they were until friends.

i don't know why now but when i saw this scene back when i visited new york. i see how the anime version would look like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJVJCVPS_hI
4153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 12/29/14

latinaloverTX wrote:


Siawo wrote:


latinaloverTX wrote:

what do you think which american shows that can turn into a anime but still can be good. for me i think friends and everybody love raymond can be great if they do it correctly and go by every episode.


I don't want to sound so negative but NO, friends was great the way it was and also the actors had a great influence in the popularity and greatness of the show


really the actors? i didn't knew who they were until friends.


not by names but by their acting
7340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / The Lone Star State
Offline
Posted 12/29/14
The problem for me would be that what can an anime do that a live action series can't do already? Sticoms are bleh for me. One of the reasons I watch anime is because things happen that would not normally be possible in a live action TV show. For example genres dealing with space battles or mechas is not something that you would typically see in a normal live action series. A possible problem I think you pointed out (possibly) is that if they adapted with the same name, there would be an expectation to have a likeness (both in appearance and mannerisms) to the same characters that have been established.
xxJing 
37179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Online
Posted 12/29/14
I was reading a manga recently that is pretty unique and could be considered sort of like 'Friends'. It's titled 'Futari Ecchi.' It's a bit pornographic but I wouldn't necessarily call it pornography. I'd describe it as a documentary of Japanese society, marriage, relationships, and sexual intercourse. It is a romcom, and it is definitely 18+, but I can guarantee there is no other manga out there like it. It pretty much hits no anime tropes either. I mean the first chapter is the main character's wedding day.

35035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 12/29/14
It's basically already the case that some anime are similar to US television shows. For example:

Seinfeld = Lucky Star
The A Team = Full Metal Panic
I Dream of Jeannie and/or Bewitched = Ah! My Goddess
The Big Bang Theory = Genshiken
Three's Company = Pick a harem series.
7340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / The Lone Star State
Offline
Posted 12/29/14

xxJing wrote:

I was reading a manga recently that is pretty unique and could be considered sort of like 'Friends'. It's titled 'Futari Ecchi.' It's a bit pornographic but I wouldn't necessarily call it pornography. I'd describe it as a documentary of Japanese society, marriage, relationships, and sexual intercourse. It is a romcom, and it is definitely 18+, but I can guarantee there is no other manga out there like it. It pretty much hits no anime tropes either. I mean the first chapter is the main character's wedding day.



Sounds like something that would play well on FX, Showtime, Cinemax, or HBO.
79068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ATX
Offline
Posted 12/29/14 , edited 12/29/14

jabber87 wrote:

The problem for me would be that what can an anime do that a live action series can't do already? Sticoms are bleh for me. One of the reasons I watch anime is because things happen that would not normally be possible in a live action TV show. For example genres dealing with space battles or mechas is not something that you would typically see in a normal live action series. A possible problem I think you pointed out (possibly) is that if they adapted with the same name, there would be an expectation to have a likeness (both in appearance and mannerisms) to the same characters that have been established.


i think it is because of the anime series "servant x service" i can see alot more of these sitcoms as anime. let me ask you this if they do the exactly the same storyline, mannerisms, everything but they make the appearance more cute do you think it could be a hit?
Posted 12/29/14
Seeing Hannibal animated might be cool, but just for the parts where Will is hallucinating and stuff. I think they could do a cool job animating those types of scenes.
11851 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/29/14 , edited 12/29/14
Heroes.
79068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ATX
Offline
Posted 12/29/14

Charizam wrote:

Seeing Hannibal animated might be cool, but just for the parts where Will is hallucinating and stuff. I think they could do a cool job animating those types of scenes.


can you see what it could be like in anime version?
xxJing 
37179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Online
Posted 12/29/14

Charizam wrote:

Seeing Hannibal animated might be cool, but just for the parts where Will is hallucinating and stuff. I think they could do a cool job animating those types of scenes.




Monster is very similar to Hannibal in mood and attitude. Johan isn't a cannibal but he is just as smart and conniving as Hannibal Lector.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.