First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Does A Nation Have The Right To Be Communist?
5318 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/31/14

NinjaZat wrote:


Punk_Mela wrote:


justanotherguy_2005 wrote:

I think every country deserves to have the type of government that works best for the people of that country no matter what it ends up being. If the people of other countries dislike the way their government works let them be the ones to change it.


I think you're underestimating the capabilities of a government. North Korea is a drastic example but there it is, a huge portion of the population convinced that their way of life is guided by the ultimate leader and they have it better than any other nation while the truth couldn't be further from the mark. It's not nearly as simple as you make it sound.


Would just like to point out that the nation you described is spot-on America from any angle you can possibly view it...


And if you disagree,, I believe it was more or less exactly 2 years ago Obama signed the NDAA.

I definitely agree with that, I think it's true for all countries and America is definitely not exempt, but I also think there are countries far worse off.

637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 12/31/14
From when I was a wee little buck to now, there has been a big turn around at how each form of government plays all nice-nice with one another now. Every form of government has it's pros and cons, most of them will find a way to become corrupt, and even America is neither a democracy or republic anymore.
Keeping in mind that a socialist baptist that penned the first iteration of the pledge of allegiance, and it was a bunch of God fearing Christians in the 40's who not only added God to the pledge, but also wanted to battle against the "godless" communists!
5318 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/31/14

Dubnoman wrote:


Punk_Mela wrote:


Dubnoman wrote:

I think the main reason why North Korea hasn't been dismantled and rebuilt is because both South Korea and China don't want it. For China, millions of people by the Chinese border will cross over into China, and then China will have millions of refugees, and then China will have to deal with them (and if they handle it poorly, it will be a human rights issue and China will face backlash). For South Korea, reunification will hurt South Korea economically, and it will hurt them economically very badly. There will be a bunch of unskilled and undereducated people trying to integrate into society and the workforce.


This I could definitely see.



Yeah, that is something my friend explained to me once. He was dating a woman who is Korean-American (South Korea).


Honestly I had never really considered that but it kind of makes me feel like it's all the more reason China would give support to North Korea in a way.

31878 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 12/31/14
Just want to say the opposite of Communism isn't democracy, but Capitalism.
And the opposite of Democracy is Tyranny. You can have a communist democracy; its just no one ever has.
37527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 12/31/14

Punk_Mela wrote:


Dubnoman wrote:


Punk_Mela wrote:


Dubnoman wrote:

I think the main reason why North Korea hasn't been dismantled and rebuilt is because both South Korea and China don't want it. For China, millions of people by the Chinese border will cross over into China, and then China will have millions of refugees, and then China will have to deal with them (and if they handle it poorly, it will be a human rights issue and China will face backlash). For South Korea, reunification will hurt South Korea economically, and it will hurt them economically very badly. There will be a bunch of unskilled and undereducated people trying to integrate into society and the workforce.


This I could definitely see.



Yeah, that is something my friend explained to me once. He was dating a woman who is Korean-American (South Korea).


Honestly I had never really considered that but it kind of makes me feel like it's all the more reason China would give support to North Korea in a way.




It is one reason they are the only real ally to North Korea. They don't really want North Korea to fall. They probably know it will fall eventually, but they aren't looking forward to it because of how it'll give them some burdens.
37527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 12/31/14 , edited 12/31/14

Nyanako wrote:

Just want to say the opposite of Communism isn't democracy, but Capitalism.
And the opposite of Democracy is Tyranny. You can have a communist democracy; its just no one ever has.



Speaking of such, there is China...still technically a Communist country, but they embraced capitalism starting back in the 80s, and now (in part thanks to the large amount of people in their country) they are the No. 2 economic power in the world. They recently surpassed Japan, who is now No. 3.
19145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/31/14 , edited 12/31/14

Punk_Mela wrote:



I'm not really sure where you're getting your facts from, China is definitely an ally of North Korea. And I think it's a little naive to think America plays world police for the sake of others, as someone who served I can tell you first hand America undoubtedly has the worlds strongest military and they use it in these conflicts for their own agenda. Historically conflict has always been a good boost for an economy and that is exactly the purpose of it now. On a final note don't feel it's a little trendy to talk about our failing country as well? America is and has been a world leader for some time and in comparison to some other named super powers (much less any other country around the world) we're doing pretty damn good. Despite what teenagers on the internet would have you believe.

---

America is not fighting the other superpowers.. So in that sense, regardless of having served, you are not qualified to talk about who has the strongest millitary in the world. Last time i heard about America being in an actual "equal" war was against the nazis in the 2nd world war. Since then all the way to present day it's been made up bullshit reasons to go in and stomp all over an underdeveloped, out-gunned and out-numbered smaller nation, calling it justice. While on the inside the community is being ripped apart.

It's always been trendy to bash on America and the fact that it's been falling for many year now and is close to hitting rock bottom, but then again where's the fun if you can't point out when someone repeatedly makes mistake after mistake, whilst at the same time saying everyone else are idiots..?
Posted 12/31/14

Punk_Mela wrote:



I'm not really sure where you're getting your facts from, China is definitely an ally of North Korea. And I think it's a little naive to think America plays world police for the sake of others, as someone who served I can tell you first hand America undoubtedly has the worlds strongest military and they use it in these conflicts for their own agenda. Historically conflict has always been a good boost for an economy and that is exactly the purpose of it now. On a final note don't feel it's a little trendy to talk about our failing country as well? America is and has been a world leader for some time and in comparison to some other named super powers (much less any other country around the world) we're doing pretty damn good. Despite what teenagers on the internet would have you believe.


Yes, China is an ally of North Korea. That doesn't mean they will go to defend them. China has been backing away from a lot of its allies lately because it does not benefit them at all to support countries that the world is turning against. China didn't even stand by Russia over what happened in the Ukraine. China is an economic powerhouse that doesn't want to bother getting into pointless conflicts at this point. Obviously the US benefits the most from building other countries but as far as their public image goes they claim it is for the best for those people and they are saving them. Trendy or not doesn't make a bit of difference to me. This country does a good job of making itself look great but its infrastructure is failing miserably. We keep putting useless and broken systems in place all over because it looks good to have it that way but in reality it just doesn't work. There is a lot we need to fix but it won't ever happen when we are just focusing on other countries. This country is great and there aren't many other places I would choose to live but that still doesn't change the fact that it has massive problems that will just continue to get worse if they aren't fixed.
5318 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/31/14

NinjaZat wrote:


Punk_Mela wrote:



I'm not really sure where you're getting your facts from, China is definitely an ally of North Korea. And I think it's a little naive to think America plays world police for the sake of others, as someone who served I can tell you first hand America undoubtedly has the worlds strongest military and they use it in these conflicts for their own agenda. Historically conflict has always been a good boost for an economy and that is exactly the purpose of it now. On a final note don't feel it's a little trendy to talk about our failing country as well? America is and has been a world leader for some time and in comparison to some other named super powers (much less any other country around the world) we're doing pretty damn good. Despite what teenagers on the internet would have you believe.



America is not fighting the other superpowers.. So in that sense, regardless of having served, you are not qualified to talk about who has the strongest millitary in the world. Last time i heard about America being in an actual "equal" war was against the nazis in the 2nd world war. Since then all the way to present day it's been made up bullshit reasons to go in and stomp all over an underdeveloped, out-gunned and out-numbered smaller nation, calling it justice. While on the inside the community is being ripped apart.

It's always been trendy to bash on America and the fact that it's been falling for many year now and is close to hitting rock bottom, but then again where's the fun if you can't point out when someone repeatedly makes mistake after mistake, whilst at the same time saying everyone else are idiots..?

If you really believe that the only way to gauge another country's military power is through conflict than you are more naive than I had thought, you didn't even think to ask where I served and assume that I don't have knowledge of foreign militaries to some extent. America isn't in any decline, it's like every other nation on earth. It has it's ups and downs but as of this moment there is no significant event that signals the country is falling. It is still doing significantly better economy-wise than many of it's european counterparts and not by any means the superpower under the most pressure to lose that status. It doesn't make any more or any less mistakes than any other country, it's precisely because of it's status that it is targeted by lackwit criticism like yours. The influence it has on smaller nations just magnifies the effects of each decision and undoubtedly people will look for the worst in that decision. Really though, at this point it's not even a conversation. I wasn't coming at you I was giving my opinion, the fact that you get so upset about that only helps validate my side. Get off reddit or 9gag or wherever you get your information, take some critical thinking classes and get out and see the world and these other countries that are presumably doing so much better than our own before you start spreading your generic brand of stupid all over the place.
5318 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/31/14


I'm arguing with to many people at this point I think, I can't remember where our conversation was growing. I do agree that America has a lot of internal problems though and I also agree China wouldn't back North Korea in an armed conflict, but when people start saying we should let countries manage their own affairs even at the sake of millions of lives I find it a little hypocritical when suddenly the US is blamed for using those situations to advance their own nation and the lives of the people under their care. Why is it right that we leave them to suffer but not at least benefit from the suffering given the chance. Sure it's not the most ethical but it's definitely no worse than the original nations poor treatment to begin with.
Posted 12/31/14

Punk_Mela wrote:



I'm arguing with to many people at this point I think, I can't remember where our conversation was growing. I do agree that America has a lot of internal problems though and I also agree China wouldn't back North Korea in an armed conflict, but when people start saying we should let countries manage their own affairs even at the sake of millions of lives I find it a little hypocritical when suddenly the US is blamed for using those situations to advance their own nation and the lives of the people under their care. Why is it right that we leave them to suffer but not at least benefit from the suffering given the chance. Sure it's not the most ethical but it's definitely no worse than the original nations poor treatment to begin with.


I just think that because we go in there with our own benefits in mind that we establish governments and systems there that don't work with the people and that it eventually backfires. It creates more resentment towards us and the benefit we sought to gain goes away as well. Then we get nothing from it and that country got nothing from it as well. I think it is also more beneficial for a country to change it on their own. When they manage it they can have pride in what they accomplished and they can find a system that works for them and if they happen to fail they only have themselves to blame. Although, while I do prefer them to be able to do it completely on their own, I am not opposed to sending as much help as we can afford as long as it is done so only to support them and their fight and not just taking over their fight. I see us as technically able to help other countries but realistically we should be focusing on our own problems first. Let us build our own country back up and then we will be even better equipped to give aid when needed and wanted.
4510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Offline
Posted 12/31/14
In theory each country is supposed to choose their form of government. In reality other countries will do their best to influence how this goes.
246 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / New York City, Ne...
Offline
Posted 12/31/14
You say that a nation should have a "choice" as to what form of government it has but if that choice was up to the ruling class then the answer would be a foregone conclusion. Should the populace of a nation be content and prosperous, the USA has no right to interfere. By a Lockean philosophy, a representative government is the best. By living in a society, people surrender some rights to the government in exchange for protection. But if the commonwealth is abused by the government, then they have a duty to carry out a revolution to regain their rights. A community should be able to do as it pleases as long as it bears no ill will to outsiders.
BUT, Communism is the ONE form of "government" or should I say socioeconomic system that I cannot stand to ever see. The absence of social classes, money, and political states would make things well... boring. It will probably get rid of poverty but I find that unnerving. I don't see anything wrong with socialism though.
9380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 12/31/14 , edited 12/31/14
"Death is a preferable alternative to communism."

-Liberty Prime
Posted 12/31/14

narfington wrote:

"Death is a preferable alternative to communism."

-Liberty Prime


"Embrace democracy, or you will be eradicated!"
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.