Post Reply Happy 2015
Member
48597 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 12/31/14
Happy 2015!
What will you be doing tonight?
I will drink a glass or two
Member
5643 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / ஐ R e a d i n g ....
Offline
Posted 12/31/14

HuastecoOtaku wrote:

Happy 2015!
What will you be doing tonight?
I will drink a glass or two
Happy 2015 to youh too!!! Oooh hahah sounds awesome! Mmmm . . . I'll be going out for dinner tonight ;D
Posted 1/1/15
Happy 2015! I didn't do anything, but that sounds good
Member
11350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Online
Posted 1/5/15
Happy 2015. I couldn't really decide on a new resolution, so I will expand on last year's resolution. You see, I don't really believe altruism exists; people perform what appear to be selfless acts in order to promote ego through affirmation via those kind acts, and they also perform these actions out a guilt and the sense of duty to other human individuals..basically we do it to rid ourselves of whatever cognitive dissonance may be raging in our minds.

Last year, I wanted to dedicate the year to growing in kindness as an individual, not out of altruistic ideologies, but with clear self-improvement in mind. I wanted to invest in other people, show kindness to a group I never interact with; in short, I deemed once a month I would do something to show the kindness that I often bury deep in my heart. At first, I started helping out in the local community garden, planting and plowing the rows of various plants. Next, I helped create a chapter at my university and started a scholarship for recovering addicts to have help with their education. Last year was inconsistent, there were months I did things and others I did not; I want to be consistent this year!

So this year, I want to help in a different area. I moved to Toledo, Ohio this summer to work up here on a project for the time being; there are quite a few homeless people living in this area, you can always see them by the interstate. The homeless population is actually an interesting group that would surprise most people. A third of the homeless population fall under the category of Veterans, meaning the old men who once served for this country are living in the streets, due largely to the next statistic that up to half of all homeless individuals suffer some sort of serious mental illness such as PTSD or Schizophrenia. Did you know that it is also an estimated 15-20% of homeless are employed? - meaning even though they work, they still can't afford a roof over their heads because a large number of americans live drastically below the poverty line. This year, I want to invest in the people who have lost the most, who still have interesting stories to tell, and who still have wisdom to pass on. My goal is one dinner or act of kindness a week. 52 acts of kindness don't seem like a lot to do!

Just thought I'd share my new years resolution with everyone
Member
5643 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / ஐ R e a d i n g ....
Offline
Posted 1/9/15

Shishiku wrote:

Happy 2015. I couldn't really decide on a new resolution, so I will expand on last year's resolution. You see, I don't really believe altruism exists; people perform what appear to be selfless acts in order to promote ego through affirmation via those kind acts, and they also perform these actions out a guilt and the sense of duty to other human individuals..basically we do it to rid ourselves of whatever cognitive dissonance may be raging in our minds.

Last year, I wanted to dedicate the year to growing in kindness as an individual, not out of altruistic ideologies, but with clear self-improvement in mind. I wanted to invest in other people, show kindness to a group I never interact with; in short, I deemed once a month I would do something to show the kindness that I often bury deep in my heart. At first, I started helping out in the local community garden, planting and plowing the rows of various plants. Next, I helped create a chapter at my university and started a scholarship for recovering addicts to have help with their education. Last year was inconsistent, there were months I did things and others I did not; I want to be consistent this year!

So this year, I want to help in a different area. I moved to Toledo, Ohio this summer to work up here on a project for the time being; there are quite a few homeless people living in this area, you can always see them by the interstate. The homeless population is actually an interesting group that would surprise most people. A third of the homeless population fall under the category of Veterans, meaning the old men who once served for this country are living in the streets, due largely to the next statistic that up to half of all homeless individuals suffer some sort of serious mental illness such as PTSD or Schizophrenia. Did you know that it is also an estimated 15-20% of homeless are employed? - meaning even though they work, they still can't afford a roof over their heads because a large number of americans live drastically below the poverty line. This year, I want to invest in the people who have lost the most, who still have interesting stories to tell, and who still have wisdom to pass on. My goal is one dinner or act of kindness a week. 52 acts of kindness don't seem like a lot to do!

Just thought I'd share my new years resolution with everyone


Thank you so much for sharing your new years resolution with everyone! I think it's a wonderful resolution and one that is truly inspiring!!!!! I wish you the best of luck and will be cheering you on from way over here (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
Member
11350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Online
Posted 1/9/15

XxAnimeLov3rxX wrote:


Shishiku wrote:

Happy 2015. I couldn't really decide on a new resolution, so I will expand on last year's resolution. You see, I don't really believe altruism exists; people perform what appear to be selfless acts in order to promote ego through affirmation via those kind acts, and they also perform these actions out a guilt and the sense of duty to other human individuals..basically we do it to rid ourselves of whatever cognitive dissonance may be raging in our minds.

Last year, I wanted to dedicate the year to growing in kindness as an individual, not out of altruistic ideologies, but with clear self-improvement in mind. I wanted to invest in other people, show kindness to a group I never interact with; in short, I deemed once a month I would do something to show the kindness that I often bury deep in my heart. At first, I started helping out in the local community garden, planting and plowing the rows of various plants. Next, I helped create a chapter at my university and started a scholarship for recovering addicts to have help with their education. Last year was inconsistent, there were months I did things and others I did not; I want to be consistent this year!

So this year, I want to help in a different area. I moved to Toledo, Ohio this summer to work up here on a project for the time being; there are quite a few homeless people living in this area, you can always see them by the interstate. The homeless population is actually an interesting group that would surprise most people. A third of the homeless population fall under the category of Veterans, meaning the old men who once served for this country are living in the streets, due largely to the next statistic that up to half of all homeless individuals suffer some sort of serious mental illness such as PTSD or Schizophrenia. Did you know that it is also an estimated 15-20% of homeless are employed? - meaning even though they work, they still can't afford a roof over their heads because a large number of americans live drastically below the poverty line. This year, I want to invest in the people who have lost the most, who still have interesting stories to tell, and who still have wisdom to pass on. My goal is one dinner or act of kindness a week. 52 acts of kindness don't seem like a lot to do!

Just thought I'd share my new years resolution with everyone


Thank you so much for sharing your new years resolution with everyone! I think it's a wonderful resolution and one that is truly inspiring!!!!! I wish you the best of luck and will be cheering you on from way over here (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧


Thanks, I appreciate the encouragement! Did you make a resolution?
Member
5643 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / ஐ R e a d i n g ....
Offline
Posted 1/9/15

Shishiku wrote:



Thanks, I appreciate the encouragement! Did you make a resolution?

No probs (❁´ω`❁) ~ Mm . . . not really ? My mum was just sort of like, keep up the studying ;P ~ So I've just been hoping that I'll study hard this year and not get too distracted by anime XD (人 •͈ᴗ•͈)
You must be logged in to post.