Post Reply Crunchyroll and Funimation
8124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Seattle, WA
Offline
Posted 1/1/15
Sorry if this has been already mentioned in another thread but it's possible for both CR and Funi to stream the same series, isn't it? After all, Yona of Dawn, Attack on Titan is available for streaming for both CR users and Funi. Did I get it right?
26821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Chicago, IL
Offline
Posted 1/1/15
Yeah, you said it right. It's possible for them to stream the same series.
41364 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 1/1/15

samstone wrote:

Sorry if this has been already mentioned in another thread but it's possible for both CR and Funi to stream the same series, isn't it? After all, Yona of Dawn, Attack on Titan is available for streaming for both CR users and Funi. Did I get it right?


Funimation does the U.S. / CR the other regions!

I think it is good / Funimation does does do distrubtion / Dubs / and simulcast here while CR does other regions !

In the past viewers missed out a lot! I think the licensors think it's a good idea to have more people watch! The get to sell more sub / and dubs( DVD's ) that way!

It is about time too! We got shortchanged in the past when not all the dshows aired!

Now with both most of the shows are aired!

I think they feel some pressure from Netflix streaming more titles too whether it's a( truce yea Right! ) more shows can be seen in more regions! It a start at least!
5433 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/1/15
They also both stream One Piece
41651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/4/15
I think so, but as I've stated before I don't really like Funi.
Though IIRC both CR and Funi did Free! eternal summer simulcasts…
85265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 1/4/15

samstone wrote:

Sorry if this has been already mentioned in another thread but it's possible for both CR and Funi to stream the same series, isn't it? After all, Yona of Dawn, Attack on Titan is available for streaming for both CR users and Funi. Did I get it right?


It's completely possible, but sometimes Funimation likes to buy an exclusive license so they are they only site that can stream the series for particular regions. My guess is Funimation's pitch for the exclusive license means that either Funimation out bid every other site or the price for the license was just too much and other sites backed down.
21043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Southern California
Offline
Posted 1/4/15

Khaltazar wrote:

It's completely possible, but sometimes Funimation likes to buy an exclusive license so they are they only site that can stream the series for particular regions. My guess is Funimation's pitch for the exclusive license means that either Funimation out bid every other site or the price for the license was just too much and other sites backed down.


.. Which is why I subscribe to Crunchy and not Funi. Those bidding dollars ultimately have to come from their subscribers. Exclusive contracts are always harmful to the viewers. I wish copyright owners were not allowed to make them. That way places like CR and funi would have to compete on other things, like service, instead of just to see who can collect all the marbles.
31839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/4/15
its like a marriage both co. shares everything!
30054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/9/16
Neon Alley.
19641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/10/16
Funi does the dubs and they choose shows that will definitely sell. CR is focused on simulcast subs, and seem to take more chances on niche titles.
6090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / US
Offline
Posted 3/10/16

KiT-basher wrote:

Funi does the dubs and they choose shows that will definitely sell. CR is focused on simulcast subs, and seem to take more chances on niche titles.


Agreed. I think that's why I prefer CR.
27282 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/11/16
sure both can stream same animes. honestly i prefer funi but then again i prefer dubbed so im sure thats why.
AX-9 
6810 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Washington
Offline
Posted 3/11/16

rickylrico wrote:

They also both stream One Piece


Same with VIz Anime, last I looked they still stream one piece as well.
64447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / US
Offline
Posted 3/11/16
I've seen a lot of overlap, but there are a few series which are exclusive for each.

I find that Funimation has a lot more adult anime like Black Lagoon, Hellsing, etc.
You must be logged in to post.